Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Altis Life Development

  • entries
    30
  • comments
    632
  • views
    4,839

Contributors to this blog

Gang Warehouse Update

Peter Long

1,407 views

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!

 

General Stuff

  • Cops have the black ARCO added
  • SAPD Uniforms have been updated
  • NLR distance increased to 1,500m to limit spawns
  • New NLR monitor to warn players when they're potentially/most likely breaking NLR
    • Will report to admins...
  • Hospital Heal cost is now $1,000
  • Added some new optics/attachments/items to vigilante store
    • Added Spar Variant 5.56mm
    • Decreased Sting Price
  • Potential fix for correcting BW map marker when door is repaired
  • SHOULD not take damage while in jail
  • Vehicle Interaction Menu has been slightly resized.
  • Extra redgull/food/drink checks while restrained
  • Keychains/seizing/impounding will now display the vehicles Display name and not Arma Classname
  • New magazine refilling method to fix silent bullets
  • Get split pay when doing cop actions up to 150m radius
  • Cannot close out during combat/while being shot near/around/at.
  • Civilian motorboats can be purchased
    • New boats available for purchasing.
  • Player marker now faces right direction while passenger in vehicles
  • Cash & item pickup exploit fixed
  • Player tags more reliable.. shouldn't show players 8km out..
  • Corn, Lithium, Yeast, Sugar, Mushrooms now able to be sold
  • Cops can search vehicles at illegal gathering locations now and have a value returned... (heroin, frog, weed, phos, ephedra, cocaine)
  • New Sofia HQ & Blackwater Outpost for APD.
  • Anti-Ghosting Cartel/Black Market/Rebel feature added

Gang Shed Stuff

  • Can now lock/unlock all doors of the building using the shed menu (as well as using the 'u' key near the doors)
  • Gang Rank 4 & up can upgrade the buildings storage/crates (uses gang funds)
  • Gang Rank 3 & up can unlock crates/storage for all to use
  • Gang Rank 2 & up can access crates without them being unlocked
  • Gang Rank 2 & up can access storage without it being unlocked
  • Gang Rank 5 Required to purchase a building (20m from gang funds)
  • Gang sheds will delete crates & unlock in under 15 minutes if no gang members are on
    • Will re-lock and re-setup crates if a member joins.
  • First crate upgrade is 1m, 2nd is 2m, 3rd is 4m.
  • 9 storage upgrades to 10,000 storage space at 1.5m/each upgrade
  • 8 Members in gang required to purchase a shed

 

A huge shout-out to Jesse for the amount of work put into this update. Our Development team has put a lot of effort into this update, however Jesse is the MVP. 

 

THANKS JESSE! 

 

Hotfix ~7AM est 12/2/2016

  • Looting other players backpack should be disabled again
  • When trying to access an inventory you're not allowed to, it should no longer break everything like y-menu and such.

Hotfix ~7AM est 12/3/2016

  • Vigilante arresting fixed, no longer splits/loses bounty
  • Cop arrest bounty splitting tweaked, % of bounty that gets split between nearby units changes depending on how many people are splitting it.
    • If the bounty is being split between 1 person (you), you get the same value you would have before this update (0.4 * bounty)
    • If it's being split between 2 players you still get (0.4 * bounty) each. So it's basically (0.8 * bounty / 2)
    • If it's being split between 3 or more players you get (1.0 * bounty / # of players)
  • Player stats tab added in y-menu
  • Tweaks to Sofia HQ
  • Slight optimization to dynamic loading of map object (more optimizations likely to come)
  • Some decorative items prevented from spawning to maximize server performance.

16 people like this


30 Comments




Great work!! Amazing Dev team, keeping the updates coming for our community. Greatly appreciated, towards everyone that supported the update, look forward to it in game! And will be contributing towards the server for the effort you guys all do for us and the dedication that's visible here. :D Glad to be part of the community and continue to grow with such community!:) Great work Jesse for being MVP towards this update!!

Share this comment


Link to comment

well fuck, i cant play because my ISP is being a fucking retard and i have barely any internet (It took 25 mins to load this page.)

Share this comment


Link to comment

Honestly.... I can't go to SLEEP!! BUT I HAVE TOO!!! WHY SCHOOL!!!! I WANT TO TRY OUT THE UPDATE! D:<

Share this comment


Link to comment
12 hours ago, rabid said:

Lol. 

 NLR monitor to warn players when they're potentially/most likely breaking NLR. Yea no more Cunts. Hopefully 

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

Lol. 

 NLR monitor to warn players when they're potentially/most likely breaking NLR. Yea no more Cunts. Hopefully 

Will report to admins.. Yea

Share this comment


Link to comment

"Looting other players backpack should be disabled again"

yay, lost a lot of mags and a toolkit yesterday while I was processing a guy.

BTW:

Sofia HQ has no ATM and has two places to buy weapons and gear, I know that there definitely should be a ATM unless not, but that would be weird. And don't know of two places to buy shit is intentional or not.

Also would love if the gate on the west side could get raised, as of right now, any truck except truck boxer and other small truck can drive over the gate and right into the HQ.

Also, noticed that on the east wall, people can crawl under parts of the wall since they are raised a little off the ground. 

And would love a gate in between the two sections, shooting range, and the huge radar station area, seems fitting since there is a passageway to go through, but no gate.

The wall by the east gate also has no wall next to one side, making it easy to drive cars through. And at the east gate it would be nice to have a double gate system at the point where you enter HQ and the point where the gate is currently. Would be nice since we can't see around the corner to see if the gate is open without going all the way over to it.

 

 

just some things I've noticed about Sofia HQ that would be awesome if they could get added/fixed. Love the work though. And one question, can a ghost hawk actually take off straight up without hitting the radar station in Sofia HQ? Cause it is really close to it.

 

also, an idea for anti-ghosting could be a 10 minute timer, since fights might last 5-10 minutes if it is between gangs, then the person could also be spawned outside the red zone a kilometer, and anyone within that kilometer of him or the red zone gets a notification that someone has spawned in a kilometer outside the red zone. Could be abused, especially if they do it to avoid people and save a loadout. Maybe it would only spawn someone outside the red zone if someone was within 200m of being in the red zone also. So if someone's game crashes and they come back, but no one is around, then they could just spawn where their last sync was, just so it isn't really annoying for people.

this ^^^^^^^ probably doesn't make sense to people, I thought it would make more sense in my head

Share this comment


Link to comment
24 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

"Looting other players backpack should be disabled again"

yay, lost a lot of mags and a toolkit yesterday while I was processing a guy.

BTW:

Sofia HQ has no ATM and has two places to buy weapons and gear, I know that there definitely should be a ATM unless not, but that would be weird. And don't know of two places to buy shit is intentional or not.

Also would love if the gate on the west side could get raised, as of right now, any truck except truck boxer and other small truck can drive over the gate and right into the HQ.

Also, noticed that on the east wall, people can crawl under parts of the wall since they are raised a little off the ground. 

And would love a gate in between the two sections, shooting range, and the huge radar station area, seems fitting since there is a passageway to go through, but no gate.

The wall by the east gate also has no wall next to one side, making it easy to drive cars through. And at the east gate it would be nice to have a double gate system at the point where you enter HQ and the point where the gate is currently. Would be nice since we can't see around the corner to see if the gate is open without going all the way over to it.

 

 

just some things I've noticed about Sofia HQ that would be awesome if they could get added/fixed. Love the work though. And one question, can a ghost hawk actually take off straight up without hitting the radar station in Sofia HQ? Cause it is really close to it.

 

also, an idea for anti-ghosting could be a 10 minute timer, since fights might last 5-10 minutes if it is between gangs, then the person could also be spawned outside the red zone a kilometer, and anyone within that kilometer of him or the red zone gets a notification that someone has spawned in a kilometer outside the red zone. Could be abused, especially if they do it to avoid people and save a loadout. Maybe it would only spawn someone outside the red zone if someone was within 200m of being in the red zone also. So if someone's game crashes and they come back, but no one is around, then they could just spawn where their last sync was, just so it isn't really annoying for people.

this ^^^^^^^ probably doesn't make sense to people, I thought it would make more sense in my head

To do your anti-ghosting feature it would require more checks and add more processes. The less checks there are on things the smoother the server runs. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, TheRandomOne said:

To do your anti-ghosting feature it would require more checks and add more processes. The less checks there are on things the smoother the server runs. 

True, but, I'd sacrifice a little bit of a slower server if it means people aren't spawning behind me because they logged off and back on behind me since they got pushed out of the red zone barely. 

I just want to ale the server work best as possible then work not as well and have more problems but run better.

Share this comment


Link to comment
56 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

True, but, I'd sacrifice a little bit of a slower server if it means people aren't spawning behind me because they logged off and back on behind me since they got pushed out of the red zone barely. 

I just want to ale the server work best as possible then work not as well and have more problems but run better.

True. I mean this one change wouldn't break the server, I was just thinking long term where if they add more stuff in the future then it'll help bog it down.

 

So far I've only seen it in practice once. Was at rebel yesterday with some friends and one of their games crashed during a firefight and it pooped them out in an open field and they were killed almost instantly, not saying it'll always work that we'll but I feel it won't be to the person's advantage to DC then reconnect.

Share this comment


Link to comment
45 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

True. I mean this one change wouldn't break the server, I was just thinking long term where if they add more stuff in the future then it'll help bog it down.

 

So far I've only seen it in practice once. Was at rebel yesterday with some friends and one of their games crashed during a firefight and it pooped them out in an open field and they were killed almost instantly, not saying it'll always work that we'll but I feel it won't be to the person's advantage to DC then reconnect.

In certain situations people could use it to evade robbers or cops while doing drug runs, then they can pop back in sneak up behind the unsuspecting enemy/cop, and kill them. Or log off at cartel, and log back in close by and then just run in with less chance of being spotted than if they were in an ifrit. 

And yeah, it could clog it up, but also, if people learn how it works and things they could do to exploit it, then that could ruin the server because of how annoying it would be. I think that that function should be a priority to have working as if not working properly, could be exploited, and abused.

Share this comment


Link to comment
21 hours ago, Ozzy Jones said:

Great job!  I guess removing house crates didn't make it...

It's there. Just hit windows key on your crate. Make sure you have inventory space. Should only pick it up if you have the space. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now