Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Remove/Change Server 3

Guest G.O.A.T.

Remove Server 3  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Remove/Change Server 3 to Altis?

7 minutes ago, I Am Fuzzy said:

I have an expensive computer also. Around the same price. I get 60fps everywhere.

I don't think price really matters if you factor in time. My PC is around $2K, but that was three years ago. I get 20FPS on Tanoa and there isn't a time when I don't get stutters, spikes, and tears playing at med-high settings. Bottom line: $1500PC now compared to $1500PC two or three years ago is a huge difference in terms of performance. 

Tanoa is a awesome map. On Altis you have absolutely no cover or anywhere to hide from helo's. I play there a lot and trust me, money is not as easy as it seems with X camping. If you remove this server it takes away a different map to play on as well to change up the look. If removed then the small gangs are bullied by the large experienced gangs and again on Altis everything is camped. I started on Altis and have 4 properties there but when I started playing on Tanoa I liked the map so much more. You should also look at the numbers of players over the last month then the overall time it has been up because there are a growing number of players. I know I am only one person but Tanoa closes I just go find another Tanoa server to play on even if its not a rp life game.

To be completely fair:

Way back when there were 3 servers, it worked REALLY well. The gangs were all divided among the servers, Burban and others on 1, Nerdz and others on 2, randoms on 3. You didn't have such a high "concentration" of gangs on each server. Randoms were able to actually do stuff and small gangs were plentiful

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lucki said:

To be completely fair:

Way back when there were 3 servers, it worked REALLY well. The gangs were all divided among the servers, Burban and others on 1, Nerdz and others on 2, randoms on 3. You didn't have such a high "concentration" of gangs on each server. Randoms were able to actually do stuff and small gangs were plentiful

idt randoms even come to Olympus anymore lol

6 minutes ago, 3 Rip said:

I think we should change it to a hard rp server with taskforce radio and the map lakeside. Personally I bought this game to rp and in my opinion rp is the only fun aspect of the game. Who's with me for the rp :D

I go to asylum when I wanna rp cuz I know il get robo copped or kos on Olympus lol 

Guest G.O.A.T.
30 minutes ago, Sociopathic said:

You could do what @G.O.A.T. said, or just keep Tanoa as it is, but like its done with vehicles, keep money separate from the Altis Life servers, so there aren't people who go on it solely for the purpose of doing runs. Then see how many people play Tanoa.

You have a great point. If everything was kept separate I wouldn't really have a problem, but would prefer for it to be Altis #3.

Either just get rid of the server in general to save money or open up a 3rd Altis Server. It should really depend on the population. Since school is going on again now the population is not constant full 24/7. I think making a 3rd server for Altis would be great, but im just unsure on how the population of players would distribute.

• Like 1
Guest G.O.A.T.
1 hour ago, Poro said:

Either just get rid of the server in general to save money or open up a 3rd Altis Server. It should really depend on the population. Since school is going on again now the population is not constant full 24/7. I think making a 3rd server for Altis would be great, but im just unsure on how the population of players would distribute.

That's my line of thought aswell, but with the holidays coming up it would be a good opportunity for us to expand the community.

Like @Fat Clemenza said, the majority of the community appears to want atleast something done regarding the removal/change of the map to Altis. Definitely a sign that the staff should take notice to.

13 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

That's my line of thought aswell, but with the holidays coming up it would be a good opportunity for us to expand the community.

Like @Fat Clemenza said, the majority of the community appears to want atleast something done regarding the removal/change of the map to Altis. Definitely a sign that the staff should take notice to.

why did you even put a remove all together poll lol

3 hours ago, Lucki said:

To be completely fair:

+1

Was wanting to comment on this all day, only got on now..

Get rid of it Either altogether or turn it into something useful. I'm sure people don't want to donate for donation goals considering basically one-third of those donations are for Tanoa.

The server is just a server for (And honestly, I hate to call this out.) [X] and [Pillow] to do runs on. Then come over to Altis to wank their money away. As if ARMA wasn't poorly optimized enough, you've got Tanoa. where I get 50+ FPS on Altis 95% of them time (Minus logging in) and on Tanoa, I have a constant 25 - 35 FPS. 

Oh, Have we not also addressed the problem of the massive fucking exploit easily done on Tanoa?

Shoo Tanoa, Shoo.