Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Jesse

Voice Your Opinion - Gang Sheds

74 posts in this topic

Please make scotch while your at it please. I would love to make scotch in these warehouses.

2 minutes ago, tkcjesse said:

Uh.., obviously places like cocaine processing and salt processing will be moved out of the sheds. However, I don't know much beyond that as far as new homes for npcs and such go that are currently in the sheds.

The coke pro was going to be my gang hideout, pls dont take that out :(

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

There are (I believe) over 100 warehouses on the map.  Nobody will be left out.  

128 sheds on the map that would be purchasable.

Also, bear in mind a 15 man gang with a shed right next to cocaine may not be the best thing ever too! Think of the traffic that goes by and potentially how easily that fucker would get searched by the cops if they saw you running in and out! Also, people would then camp your gang shed and sorts of stuff. So like @Peter Long said, nobody will be left out. If there's 200+ active gangs to occupy the sheds I must be blind. At first sure some gangs may try to occupy multiple. However, in the long run it won't be very smart/effective I don't think. 

Just ran the following in editor:

private _count = 0;
{
	_count = _count + 1;
} forEach nearestObjects [player,["Land_i_Shed_Ind_F"],20000];
hint str(_count);

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Please make scotch while your at it please. I would love to make scotch in these warehouses.

Stop being so narrow minded and deluded. One server has it, so that means another cant? 

3 minutes ago, Sonny Asif said:

Stop being so narrow minded and deluded. One server has it, so that means another cant? 

Just the point. Sorry I posted, also sorry that my post didn't fit your "needs"

were done here dont post about me again, i dont care to flame

Edited by Taxi

51 minutes ago, tkcjesse said:

Why should we restrict it to large gangs?

I was thinking that maybe it should be restricted to the gangs that would be utilizing it more, those with the larger gangs but now that I think more about it, and realize there is 125 or so of them, there should be no reason that smaller gangs couldn't have it if they could afford it. As long as there is some sort of a requirement for gang members.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I was thinking that maybe it should be restricted to the gangs that would be utilizing it more, those with the larger gangs but now that I think more about it, and realize there is 125 or so of them, there should be no reason that smaller gangs couldn't have it if they could afford it. As long as there is some sort of a requirement for gang members.

Yeah. I mean overall, larger gangs chances are will own the better sheds that's a given. It's the same with houses. However, for the small gang that runs diamonds or something... Why not ya know? Didn't mean it rude or anything by the way. Was just curious as to your reasoning for that number as I had felt it was a bit high is all. Plus everyone will have a different idea of a "Good Shed" some will like remote, some will want one near a resource, some will want by a processor, some will want by a cartel or an airshop, some will want close to a town. Everyone is different.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Just the point. Sorry I posted, also sorry that my post didn't fit your "needs"

were done here dont post about me again, i dont care to flame

Kys

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Taxi said:

IS this asylum

I heard that server has great desync

captains

and the best 300 pound flounder admins that jerk to hentai

Also, dank idea of the auction house...much original5me

2 people like this

For the love of god. Lets keep on track please. Like I stated in the OP. I'm fine with not bothering to ask for communal input for a server you all support by playing on and some of you by donating to.

1. Cost to purchase? 5 mill
  2. One per server or just one between the two? One between the two
  3. Initial storage capacity
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level. idc
  4. Initial crate number
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) idc
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) YES
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) YES
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? 2+
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) 60 days
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system? sureeee
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" NOPE

44 minutes ago, tkcjesse said:

128 sheds on the map that would be purchasable.

Also, bear in mind a 15 man gang with a shed right next to cocaine may not be the best thing ever too! Think of the traffic that goes by and potentially how easily that fucker would get searched by the cops if they saw you running in and out! Also, people would then camp your gang shed and sorts of stuff. So like @Peter Long said, nobody will be left out. If there's 200+ active gangs to occupy the sheds I must be blind. At first sure some gangs may try to occupy multiple. However, in the long run it won't be very smart/effective I don't think. 

Just ran the following in editor:

private _count = 0;
{
	_count = _count + 1;
} forEach nearestObjects [player,["Land_i_Shed_Ind_F"],20000];
hint str(_count);

I was going to use to it buy for whatever the price was and if someone runs coke a shit ton tell it to them for higher! :D But I understand, There are plenty more places that I am keeping my eye on, and have accounts sitting at them for when the update rolls out. 

1. Cost to purchase? 20 mil is a little expensive, maybe 15-10 mil
  2. One per server or just one between the two? One per server
  3. Initial storage capacity Depending on the price, if 20 mil like 10 crates
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level.
  4. Initial crate number 2 but have them be expensive 
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) Sounds like a good idea
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) Definitely, gang rank 2 or 3 
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) Definitely, gang rank 2 or 3 
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? Nope
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) 
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system No
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" for the smaller gangs this might be difficult for them.

I was thinking for the future it would be cool if you can pay like 5 mil for a heli-pad or a car garage so when you spawn at the gang house you are not stranded when you spawn in.

I have a question, what happens if that gang disbands does the owner still keep the gang house?

The current questions:

1. Cost to purchase? ~10 mil
  2. One per server or just one between the two?  one per server
  3. Initial storage capacity about equal to a house and a a half 
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level. 3 upgrade, each holding more initial capacity and vehicles 
  4. Initial crate number
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) yes, 2
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) what about the ability for a certain level in the Gang (2 for example), to have the ability to unlock the crates. 
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) 0
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? 10
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) 
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system yes 
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" yes, but small enough as just a way to keep people active 

Cost to purchase? 7,500,000

One per server or just one between the two? One per server

Initial storage capacity ? 3000 (Upgrade to 5000)

Initial crate number? 5

Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired): 2

Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired): 2

Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? 10

Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) Same as the houses

Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep: 2,000,000 a month

1. Cost to purchase?
    5 million
  2. One per server or just one between the two?
    1 per gang
  3. Initial storage capacity
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level.
      5000 and 7500
      2million each
  4. Initial crate number
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature))
      2 and 3
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired)
    3/4
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired)
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any?
    1 once a week
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system
      yes
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep"
      no lol
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Taxi said:

Well honestly, you're making gang sheds which originated in asylum.... Sounds like a bit of stealing to me...

Asylum wasnt the first server to have gang bases... Blackwing Gaming (Most popular Altis life server in 2013 / early 2014 before the owner died) had purchasable gang bases long before Asylum. Pretty much all Altis life servers use the same copy paste scripts or take ideas from Arma 2 life servers so it is pointless to argue about what server has "ownership" of a script.

1 person likes this

1. Cost to purchase? : 15-20 million
  2. One per server or just one between the two? : Either
  3. Initial storage capacity : 2500?
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level : 3-4
  4. Initial crate number : 4-6
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) : this would be cool, I'd say up to 8
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) : 3 or 4
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) : 3 or 4
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? : If this has to be a feature I say 5
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) : Up to you
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system : I like this
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" : This would make sense

1. Cost to purchase? 5 million  
  2. One per server or just one between the two? one per server. 
  3. Initial storage capacity 1000
  4. Initial crate number 4
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature))
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) 2
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) 3
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? no requirement. building Gangs shouldn't be punished for not having numbers. 
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system owner must log in at least once a month. 
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" no.
1 person likes this

1. Cost to purchase? 4-5 mil
  2. One per server or just one between the two? one per
  3. Initial storage capacity 1500
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level. 2 upgrades 1750 each
  4. Initial crate number 4
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) infinite, 200k each, but can be raided by cops
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) level one to stop trials from stealing stuff
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) level one to stop trials from stealing stuff
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? 10
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) at least 4 gang members on each two months
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system not owner just 4 gang members every 2 months
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" nah once you buy it you buy it

1. Cost to purchase? -5,000,000
  2. One per server or just one between the two? - One Server not shared
  3. Initial storage capacity - 3000
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level. 800k per upgrade of 650
  4. Initial crate number - 5 crates
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) - Maybe 1 or 2 upgrades
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired) - rank 2
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) - rank 2
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? - 0
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system - every 30 days
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" - no

2 hours ago, Peter Long said:

There are (I believe) over 100 warehouses on the map.  Nobody will be left out.  

@Taxi I would suggest stopping now.  Otherwise you will have to eat one of my roasts,  and trust me,  nobody has been able to stomach one yet.  

except fedot he still has his cancer ghosthawk. delet it pls