Gang Wars VII : Bracket

4 Teams going bye to R2 isn't dumb its the fact that MC of all gangs got a free pass for R1 they were given a chance to not even play a good gang until R3. R2 they were given the win because every time ~ had the drop on them and forced them to do something Peter Long and Ares would shrink the map... MC was given the win 2-3 times because they were never forced to move... This GW was favored in their greasy hands. Then the interview at the end was just Lawl. Moob tried to talk about tactics when the entire tourney they camped or sat on their fat fucking asses. You can't claim to be the best gang if you don't work for it.

With this said im not hating on the "Champs" but this GW was favored for MC to win. Good players got banned from playing forcing MC aka Olympus' golden Childs to not lose a single member while other gangs were fighting with staff to even make it into the tourney.

I'm kind of salty KP couldn't make it into the GW 3 of the members capable of getting us in wasn't online when meeting happened so we were DQ'd now people shit talk in sidechat that KP is trash but it's not really "KPs" fault it was a timing issue.

Suggestion for next GW: Make all teams play unless its a First appearance gang then give em a bye but no reason why 2+ gangs get byes.

Just curious as to how certain gangs automatically got byes, not sure how those worked considering the same gangs had to fight first round back to back gang wars.... maybe you could do a draw or some sort of qualifiers to determine who get the byes? 

29 minutes ago, Big Pappa Al said:

Just curious as to how certain gangs automatically got byes, not sure how those worked considering the same gangs had to fight first round back to back gang wars.... maybe you could do a draw or some sort of qualifiers to determine who get the byes? 

I agree 100% I don't think Back to Back GW Gangs should be given a bye out the gate, I think what they should do is do like a ranking.

For example:

Winners of GW VII(i think it was VII) goes in the books as Rank 1 for next GW, Runner Up Rank 2 so on so forth. or do something where there is a poll for rankings of gangs and work it like the NCAA tourney style bracket.

It will take more time, but it wont seem like you giving a team the W like this GW seemed. There was like a couple of things showing MC was given the W this GW.

But hey Gratz to MC for finally winning, but it chaps my ass see another thing being marked as MC.

(MC after winning the GW VII)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I use a randomized bracket generator.  If there isn't the correct amount of teams,  sometimes gangs will get a first round bye. 

I also flipped coins for starting positions  so to say that MC was slated to win is a joke. 

"Some of the best players were disqualified".  The only players that I disqualified were proven cheaters. People who were disqualified had been banned for lagswitching, 3rd party applications,  or hacking.  They should consider themselves lucky that they were not permed from Olympus as a whole,  let alone just disqualified from Gang Wars.  Forgive for wanting a clean event, without cheaters. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I liked how Asylum did their gang wars. They did best out of 3, to prevent any "lucky rounds." If Olympus were to do this, most likely the event would have to be spread across 2 or 3 days, but I think it's worth it. 

^^^ Also let the gangs both agree on one place to fight like moonshine, meth or telos let THEM choose not the admins. Because then no one can complain because than its their fault I know you wanna make it yourself but let them choose and if you want you can make custom locations and wall them off and put them up as a option to fight there. Would be 10x better in my eyes.

16 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

I don't know how many times I need to say it : ADMINS DON'T PICK THE LOCATIONS. THE GANG LEADERS DO.  

I also asked about breaking the event up,  and making it a best of 3, and it was overwhelmingly declined.  

Please do some research before breaking my balls.  

I mean instead of having a gang meeting and picking the spot there then why not let them pick right when they are about to fight. Like lets say complexity vs ti are going to fight. Right before ask where they want to fight. So they could chose like church, moonshine, telos, etc. Would be alot better instead of having every gang find one spot that they half like and half hate

3 minutes ago, R A N D Y said:

I mean instead of having a gang meeting and picking the spot there then why not let them pick right when they are about to fight. Like lets say complexity vs ti are going to fight. Right before ask where they want to fight. So they could chose like church, moonshine, telos, etc. Would be alot better instead of having every gang find one spot that they half like and half hate

Every match should be played at the same location should have to switch location for every match. It would make it more difficult and would make the process longer.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Every match should be played at the same location should have to switch location for every match. It would make it more difficult and would make the process longer.

I would rather have gang wars a weekend instead of 1 day, I know people have work but a lot of people agree with more than 1 day of gang wars. 1 day everyone talks shit to each other cause the don't agree is worse then 2-3 days of just competitive gang wars

42 minutes ago, R A N D Y said:

I would rather have gang wars a weekend instead of 1 day, I know people have work but a lot of people agree with more than 1 day of gang wars. 1 day everyone talks shit to each other cause the don't agree is worse then 2-3 days of just competitive gang wars

That's a lot to ask of some people to clear a whole weekend for gang wars. Especially the staff who puts it on, it would be difficult to get every moving part together for that long. 2-3 days could cause people go lose some interest. I like how it's single elim, makes every moment of the match matter that much more....

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's a lot to ask of some people to clear a whole weekend for gang wars. Especially the staff who puts it on, it would be difficult to get every moving part together for that long. 2-3 days could cause people go lose some interest. I like how it's single elim, makes every moment of the match matter that much more....

I highly doubt people would lose interest after a day of gang wars. I would like watching a day or half a day of gang wars then tomorrow there will still be gang wars

35 minutes ago, R A N D Y said:

I highly doubt people would lose interest after a day of gang wars. I would like watching a day or half a day of gang wars then tomorrow there will still be gang wars

Take the stream for instance most of the day he had over 200 viewers and when it got down to the finals I think the count was down to the mid 100s. Could have been any number of reasons but I think it was non participants losing interest.

20 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Yea its pretty aids when you have to have strategy to win and not luck.

Luck and strategy are part of both obviously. I just think the fights are more fair, fun and entertaining  in a city.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Take the stream for instance most of the day he had over 200 viewers and when it got down to the finals I think the count was down to the mid 100s. Could have been any number of reasons but I think it was non participants losing interest.

Luck and strategy are part of both obviously. I just think the fights are more fair, fun and entertaining  in a city.

Yea its so much fun getting shot in the back and have no idea which house you got from. Oh did i mention no callouts? Xd

1 minute ago, Reapered said:

Oh did i mention no callouts? Xd

They let you know where the6 are having it beforehand. You can practice and make call outs. 

2 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Yea its so much fun getting shot in the back and have no idea which house you got from. 

It's the same as getting shot from a mountain or a bush.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

They let you know where the6 are having it beforehand. You can practice and make call outs. 

It's the same as getting shot from a mountain or a bush.

Difference is you can scout common roach spots with an ifrit before you attack

Edited by Reapered
19 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Difference is you can scout common roach spots with an ifrit before you attack

The only big fights that really happen on olympus are cartels. I mean you get the occasional big drug run fights but other than that it's just skirmishes. That's why it's good that they switch it up with gangwars. Also thanks for having a civil conversation, it's often a hard task on the forums. Things usually go toxic quick.

17 hours ago, Peter Long said:

I don't know how many times I need to say it : ADMINS DON'T PICK THE LOCATIONS. THE GANG LEADERS DO.  

I also asked about breaking the event up,  and making it a best of 3, and it was overwhelmingly declined.  

Please do some research before breaking my balls.  

I think finals should be best of 3 as that is the most important match. However the rest of it should be 1 round to prevent it spreading over multiple days. Was a sick event anyways cheers for that.

On 11/18/2016 at 2:51 PM, Cinders said:

What I think the bracket should be to make the gang wars fair and interesting.

Tree vs. Evolved

Absence vs. VX

Anarchy vs. Voa

X-Rated vs. Momentum

Then the round two gangs that get a pass are:

Moob & Co

Supremacy

Complexity

TI

In my opinion this would make it alot better and closer matched fights.

Sumpremacy and VX have the same skill level so you guys should of faced them. 

• Like 2