Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus has a better production value for the stream (except the casting) and overall the tournament is run pretty well. With that said, I would rate Asylum Gang Wars better for the more competitive players. Bo1 doesn't mean much and every game is played at a poor 1 sided location. Plus, I really hated how the admins forced players to constantly run out of cover to get inside the zone. Only strategy you needed for the map was get the better starting side and rush to the middle where all you had to do was wait for the zones to get smaller and wait for players to run out of cover. If this was actually fighting at cartels where you can see some unique strategy's used (look at how NV destroyed most teams at OG Arms in Asylum Gang Wars) and not this bs sitting in houses hoping someone walks by. Systemchips used poor wording when he said it was unfair, this Bo1 format just doesn't show who are the more dominate teams. Overall, I would recommend this tournament only for more casual players because of how its setup to where any gang can win if they get lucky. Congrats to MC on the win and it was a fun tourney to watch. (except those high af ESPs they were using)

• Like 4

I dont think a single gang wars has ever been successful, peter long calls it his baby but in reality its a down syndrome child with 2 months to live. There is always debate, locations are usually trash, takes forever to set up and takes forever to stream, people always bitch whine and complain on the fucking forums. Gang wars is a shit show and to anyone coming to this server it makes it look like shit too. If you have time to watch a 6 hour arma stream where half the stream is a screen saying "we will be back" you should find something to do in your spare time. People take this shit way to serious

Edited by [OW] Nutela
2 hours ago, [OW] Nutela said:

I dont think a single gang wars has ever been successful, peter long calls it his baby but in reality its a down syndrome child with 2 months to live. There is always debate, locations are usually trash, takes forever to set up and takes forever to stream, people always bitch whine and complain on the fucking forums. Gang wars is a shit show and to anyone coming to this server it makes it look like shit too. If you have time to watch a 6 hour arma stream where half the stream is a screen saying "we will be back" you should find something to do in your spare time. People take this shit way to serious

Yea ur retarded

• Like 1

I can't understand 1 freakin thing. Why do you have to bitch and complain about who won GW? 

You had the same exact chance to win it.

If you lost, you have to find the WHY in you and in your team, not blame the other team. If you lost, they were better. Noone cares how or why were they better, they won. Thats all.

Congratulate to the winners, and stfu. 

damn

Apart from rare exceptions you all cryin like little kids and throwin shit to each other.

crying child team loses sports event

This is a f****in game..

And you know what? you will have the same chance to win in the next part of GW like everyone else! 

6 hours ago, Reapered said:

Olympus has a better production value for the stream (except the casting) and overall the tournament is run pretty well. With that said, I would rate Asylum Gang Wars better for the more competitive players. Bo1 doesn't mean much and every game is played at a poor 1 sided location. Plus, I really hated how the admins forced players to constantly run out of cover to get inside the zone. Only strategy you needed for the map was get the better starting side and rush to the middle where all you had to do was wait for the zones to get smaller and wait for players to run out of cover. If this was actually fighting at cartels where you can see some unique strategy's used (look at how NV destroyed most teams at OG Arms in Asylum Gang Wars) and not this bs sitting in houses hoping someone walks by. Systemchips used poor wording when he said it was unfair, this Bo1 format just doesn't show who are the more dominate teams. Overall, I would recommend this tournament only for more casual players because of how its setup to where any gang can win if they get lucky. Congrats to MC on the win and it was a fun tourney to watch. (except those high af ESPs they were using)

We're not trying to host an ESL league.

This is all just for fun, that's all it ever was.

>Asylum Gang wars is more competitive

Asylum GW has defibs. Please.

11 minutes ago, McDili said:

We're not trying to host an ESL league.

This is all just for fun, that's all it ever was.

>Asylum Gang wars is more competitive

Asylum GW has defibs. Please.

defibs make things less competitive??

Just now, Linka said:

idk I can see it, but it also makes it possible for different tactics, "if we push like so we can get chances revive and take X" just my opinion

It does change the dynamic of tactics like anything would.

But if you pull off a great shot on a person in a really good position and then they get revived then your shot/kill was meaningless. In the short amount of time that you have to capitalize on it you can make something of it for sure, but if you don't then it was a waste. Even more so if you took a death to make it happen.

That's casual to me.

8 hours ago, SystemChips said:

I just think that cartels are a place where gangs show off their skill, and the gang with the cartel on the server generally is the best gang that's on the server at the moment. I know you work really hard to try and make your gang wars as official and fair as possible and it is really good but I guess I just have a different view of the most skilled altis life player. I think cartels are the most fair place to fight because I don't think there is as many luck factors that come at cartels then at random cities on the map. Such as getting shot from weird places that you didn't know was possible, or getting pushed from a place you didn't know someone could come from.

And then you would complain "OH HE WENT OUT OF THE ZONE" "OH MY GOD SUCH A SMALL AREA TOO MUCH LAG" "WHY ARE THEY ROACHING WHILE DEFENDING HELLO? 15v15 on a cartel even with only one ifrit would make it a cancer scene for both sides regardless of the location. I don't disagree that the gang wars should be at a cartel once in a while, but I disagree that cartels are the only thing that represents a gangs skill. And as for saying there were no quality gangs in that gang war, you guys lost to absence and considering you guys are "gods" they must be quality too? Supremacy is not a bad gang, neither is complexity,  and to how you make it sound TI must be the best gang in all of Arma 3. You are used to cartels, so I understand where you're coming from but the gang holding the cartel usually means there's no other gang to contest... Just because MC TI and Complexity are offline doesn't make VoA the best gang for having all 3 cartels... Your arguments are quite irrational.

10 hours ago, McDili said:

And if you think MC is not on par with Complexity????? Complexity just lost GW bud. I don't know how you can say that. And on Asylum GW MC went 1-2 vs nV.

ca828597e332da0c1bf7077656a36bec.png

Grats to MC they finally won the gang wars.

Edited by VeryNutty
  • Like 7
10 hours ago, Phizx said:

And just to add in , there's a reason why MC has lasted so long. To add to that, there is also a reason why TI/Mayhem/Complexity/Nv whatever the fuck they name their next gang hasn't. Allow me to elaborate .

MC:

• Has a huge player roster of over 100+ people.
  • Has lasted 2+ years ever since Olympus was first created.
  • Has NEVER disbanded under ANY circumstances.
  • Has remained consistent for the most part. (Not counting the small inactivity periods from time to time).
  • Experienced leader who has the game knowledge required to lead such a large player database, as well as maturity equipped with being a gang leader.
  • Loyal and experienced members.

TI/Mayhem/Complexity/Whatever The Fuck:

• Has proven to be inconsistent, hense the name "The Inactives"
  • Young and immature children.
  • Small roster of 20 or less.
  • Experienced leaders but nothing near what's needed to keep a gang running.
  • Has disbanded countless times.
  • Relying on one-person carries rather than working as a team. (Eg: 3 Rip/Rustys perms.)
  • Toxicity levels over 9000
  • Gang hoppers that have left/will leave on signs of deterioration 

Lets not forget, the only reason TI and Complexity split up is because of complications between Tom/Alwayz and 3Rip. Everything you've said so far ,SystemChips, is all a repeat of what either Tom/Huskers/3Rip or Rusty have stated. The bandwagon is soon for departure...

Had to make a forum account just to comment on this one..

Please don't compare any Olympus gang to Envy especially MC... The fact MC needs a 100+ roster to be a top gang/active on this server speaks for itself. Us gangs with a "small roster of 20" stay equally active as this "100 man roster" and we easily wipe them. Envy has never disbanded and our core roster has hardly changed in years.

Please don't try to speak on behalf of a gang you have no idea about. Thanks! 

• Like 7

Not getting in the shit talk fest, but this is one of the only times they have beaten us and it is Charkia. Wp and gf to the guys, they played well. But just because they beat us once doesn't mean they are better or par with us. I know i shit talk a lot but thats just to hype it up and make it interesting, people play dumb when they are mad.

Admins did a great gob at gang wars even tho i cant stand that area and i havent a clue what im doing there as shown in our first fight lmao, and as much as i despise this MC did win fair and square. Theres no need for all this pointless arguing.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, WangLiqin said:

Had to make a forum account just to comment on this one..

Please don't compare any Olympus gang to Envy especially MC... The fact MC needs a 100+ roster to be a top gang/active on this server speaks for itself. Us gangs with a "small roster of 20" stay equally active as this "100 man roster" and we easily wipe them. Envy has never disbanded and our core roster has hardly changed in years.

Please don't try to speak on behalf of a gang you have no idea about. Thanks! 

Roster size / Activity has nothing to do with skill.

If I have a roster of 500. yet only 5 play, but they're the best players in the game, then they're still gonna smash.

He's not referring to us as ''WE HAVE 100 PEOPLE WE R BETR'' We have a large group of friends who enjoy playing the game, the team fighting aspect of it, and not having to write scripts, lagswitch, group chat, hack and ban evade on a MILITARY SIMULATOR to get an advantage over people because internet ego 2 much 5 me.

• Like 1