Cop name

I wonder if it would be possible to make cops name above their head to be same color as civ, could make it easier to rp being a cop, and people won't freak out as mjuch when they see any blue name. I think it could improve rp a good amount and it would be interesting to have people rp as cops, I thought this could be an interesting idea.

It would be fun to RP yes, to an extent... But you have to remember people will try to RP with them and then probably just get shot; then they will complain about how the cops just RDM killed them, even though said "Cop" was just a civ in APD clothing.

imagine cops come in kav square code 3 and the car gets wiped while there is a man (maddog) with his sgt gear on just rping and he gets rdmed with no medics on to rev him/ gang members to epi him. Would be a lot of rdm on cop rpers on civ

I like your idea Dean, but I do think a lot of people wearing cop clothes will get RDM'd haha, but at that point its their fault. We could easily tell who is a real cop or not simply by their gang tag, and gang name under their player name.

13 minutes ago, Bow said:

I like your idea Dean, but I do think a lot of people wearing cop clothes will get RDM'd haha, but at that point its their fault. We could easily tell who is a real cop or not simply by their gang tag, and gang name under their player name.

Yeah, true, but then don't be dumb and act like a cop, some cops get shot by a dude, *bang bang* down he goes until "backup" (actual cops) come to arrest him. People should always be aware of their surroundings, and if you know cops are in a engagement, and you're rping as a cop, then you are also in that engagement. What everyone is saying could happen, but I just think in those scenarios people should be aware, and if they login and get paid gear on, then they should go to the HQ first, to start their patrol. You guys have good points, but if people are more aware and know what the fuck is going on wherever they are, then this shouldn't happen. They should see who cops have been killed by, and should have an idea of who they are engaged with, and because of rp, they would be engaged. They also should be with the cops, not necessarily alone, especially if they're in a city like Kavala. Just an idea, although it seems like it's not liked.

btw bow, this is directed at everyone, not just you. Don't bully me please!

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure this was how it used to be... In my opinion this would increase RP, but I feel this would not be the right thing for this server. Once again, Olympus seems more like a casual RP and Pvp server and it would definitely make that specific experience worse if cop names were just like civilian names. -1

13 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure this was how it used to be... In my opinion this would increase RP, but I feel this would not be the right thing for this server. Once again, Olympus seems more like a casual RP and Pvp server and it would definitely make that specific experience worse if cop names were just like civilian names. -1

Yeah but, as it is right now. I see many deputies and fellow po's who see people in cop fear without a blue name and they arrest them, I did that once, then a corporal came in and rp'd it was a mistake, corporal told me to rp with people in full cop gear, and so I took the guy to patrol with me. I think it would be easier for cop to civ dressed as cop rp, and would be new civ to civ dressed as cop rp, cause then they might think they're a cop.

And besides, right now, if I'm engaged with cops and down the road I see a guy dressed as a cop, I'm going to shoot him, even if I don't know his name. That's just me, but yeah.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 11:27 AM, DANGUSDEAN said:

I wonder if it would be possible to make cops name above their head to be same color as civ, could make it easier to rp being a cop, and people won't freak out as mjuch when they see any blue name. I think it could improve rp a good amount and it would be interesting to have people rp as cops, I thought this could be an interesting idea.

-1 Who the fuck cares. Dangusdean changing the color of your name won't make you a better rp. Just be better. 

On 12/1/2016 at 8:27 AM, DANGUSDEAN said:

I know the REAL reason why you want the "plain text" name. 

Hehhehheh

I like the evi....good idea...

B)