Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Aunt Jemima

How to get better frames on Arma

Hey, I'm not too good when it comes to the technical part of pcs, but I know my pc is not complete shit. I have always struggled to get solid frames on the game and was wondering if any of you guys know what upgrades I'd need to get solid frames or just any tips or tricks to get better frames (while still being able to have my view distance up far enough to put up a fight), i literally have all my graphics settings in Arma set as low as possible and yet there are times (especially during gun fights) where my frames go to shit out of no where. I normally get on average 35 frames and i simply just want to be able to play Arma without the frame drops and continuous low frames :( 

Whats in my pc that I know about lol

intel core i5-4460 

Nvidia Geforce gtx960 

400W Corsair psu

and I have Arma installed on a Corsair Force LE 240GB SSD

http://plays.tv/video/581800489c775fca94/when-you-realize-you-need-a-new-pc-rip-newpc?from=user

sums up my cartel experiences^

I appreciate any help tips or suggestions!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does your pc run off of 400W..

Well if your planning to upgrade the only things I would change would be to turn that I5 into a i7 and maybe boost that power supply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joel said:

How does your pc run off of 400W..

Well if your planning to upgrade the only things I would change would be to turn that I5 into a i7 and maybe boost that power supply. 

Most mid-range PC's operate between 300-360ish wattage. 

1 hour ago, Big Pappa Al said:

Hey, I'm not too good when it comes to the technical part of pcs, but I know my pc is not complete shit. I have always struggled to get solid frames on the game and was wondering if any of you guys know what upgrades I'd need to get solid frames or just any tips or tricks to get better frames (while still being able to have my view distance up far enough to put up a fight), i literally have all my graphics settings in Arma set as low as possible and yet there are times (especially during gun fights) where my frames go to shit out of no where. I normally get on average 35 frames and i simply just want to be able to play Arma without the frame drops and continuous low frames :( 

Whats in my pc that I know about lol

intel core i5-4460 

Nvidia Geforce gtx960 

400W Corsair psu

and I have Arma installed on a Corsair Force LE 240GB SSD

http://plays.tv/video/581800489c775fca94/when-you-realize-you-need-a-new-pc-rip-newpc?from=user

sums up my cartel experiences^

I appreciate any help tips or suggestions!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McDili said:

Most mid-range PC's operate between 300-360ish wattage. 

 

Thank you I didn't see that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McDili said:

Most mid-range PC's operate between 300-360ish wattage.

 

Yeah I didn't know it sounded low so I put his specs in a power calculator and it was right around there. 

Mine takes a lot for some reason.. and I ain't got nothing to special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joel said:

How does your pc run off of 400W..

Well if your planning to upgrade the only things I would change would be to turn that I5 into a i7 and maybe boost that power supply. 

I originally thought that was too low as well but for my gpu and specs all i need is a 300W 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joel said:

Yeah I didn't know it sounded low so I put his specs in a power calculator and it was right around there. 

Mine takes a lot for some reason.. and I ain't got nothing to special. 

Many PC's don't need that much watts, anything over 600 technically is overkill. It's just good for your PC to have more watts available than just whats required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counterintuitive but some of the settings give better frames if you put them on high. If you keep them on low, it'll run from your cpu, but by putting them on high or ultra, it gets offloaded to your GPU. So don't be surprised if you see some tips that tell you to do just that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use this video, did wonders to my fps and I have an AMD lol boosted from 40-60+ outside city's and I get a steady 30fps in kavala with the odd drop now and then, that's on full pop server too. Also works for other games 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Big Pappa Al Just take page out of Jeremy Clarkson's book "hit it with a hammer" that should do the trick :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.