Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Tron

Money for sending bones to jail

We all hate combat loggers, and it's great that the Olympus Staff put in the system to punish them (send their bones to jail). However, an annoyance that I run into all the time as a vigilante is people combat logging after we tase them, or after we restrain them and they realize they aren't getting away. Normally, it's just like, "Eh, whatever, at least he's taken care of."

Unfortunately for vigilantes and cops, that's your income dropping out of the game. If it's possible, I'd like to see vigilantes and cops receive a cut of the bounty of the person they send to jail for combat logging, even at a reduced percentage of 10%-20%. I suggest this because it's not just a couple scats every now and then, my friends and I could make a montage out of the amount of people that have combat logged on us after we tried to arrest them. I'd say we've lost in the hundred thousands of dollars worth (i.e. 100,000-999,999 although it's probably lower than the max) from lost bounties due to combat logging.

Thanks for the view :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greedy, you already make enough money as cop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually been thinking of this too, would be a nice addition as I've seen many people combat log, and it's quite annoying when they had a decent bounty too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poro said:

Greedy, you already make enough money as cop.

Is it considered greedy to get the money you should have gotten, or even less, assuming people didn't break the rules of the server? I'll grant you APD makes money, but that's like saying you're making 2.5mil a day, but because of people breaking rules, you only ever get 2 mil, but you should just deal with it because you have money. That's still money you should have earned given the effort you put into getting it. People don't get rich by letting money slip by, they count their dollars. This is also more geared towards vigilantes who are really the ones having their bank accounts hit because of combat loggers.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tron said:

Is it considered greedy to get the money you should have gotten, or even less, assuming people didn't break the rules of the server? I'll grant you APD makes money, but that's like saying you're making 2.5mil a day, but because of people breaking rules, you only ever get 2 mil, but you should just deal with it because you have money. That's still money you should have earned given the effort you put into getting it. People don't get rich by letting money slip by, they count their dollars. This is also more geared towards vigilantes who are really the ones having their bank accounts hit because of combat loggers.

Disagree with your request here, I personally say that when there's more vigis than cops online, and there's 10 vigis in Kavala, there is no need to beef them up more or add any encouragement to being one. The spar-16 already made them better than half the police force, also, it might be difficult to add that if we are talking from a Dev perspective. I'm not a Dev, but I would guess it would be difficult....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tron said:

We all hate combat loggers, and it's great that the Olympus Staff put in the system to punish them (send their bones to jail). However, an annoyance that I run into all the time as a vigilante is people combat logging after we tase them, or after we restrain them and they realize they aren't getting away. Normally, it's just like, "Eh, whatever, at least he's taken care of."

Unfortunately for vigilantes and cops, that's your income dropping out of the game. If it's possible, I'd like to see vigilantes and cops receive a cut of the bounty of the person they send to jail for combat logging, even at a reduced percentage of 10%-20%. I suggest this because it's not just a couple scats every now and then, my friends and I could make a montage out of the amount of people that have combat logged on us after we tried to arrest them. I'd say we've lost in the hundred thousands of dollars worth (i.e. 100,000-999,999 although it's probably lower than the max) from lost bounties due to combat logging.

Thanks for the view :)

Excuse me sir, but sorry to burst your bubble APD isn't about the money, it's a quality role here on the Olympus community for the sickest of sick, 10/10 RP Sessions we get! Example:

Officer: "Sir would you like to tell me where your license are located?"

Rebel: "It's up my ass, and oh remember when you seized my comms and gps? yeah well I have a IMPLANTED GPS AND PHONE SO HANDS UP OR DIE"

Officer: "Alright sir well here in the HQ we have EMPs planted all around so that's not possible."

Officer: "So I at this time I am going to seizing this ILLEGAL weapon off you because you used it to kill the APD"

Rebel: "It's a paintball gun I don't know what you're on about there sir."

10/10 RP Sessions. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the problem with this is when the person leaves the server and there player turns to bones, the server has no idea the bounty they had on there head so thats why you don't can will not receive bounty from a combat logger.

Hope this helped xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnT0uchab1e said:

$$$$$ hungry ehh?

its like having somebody store the HEMTT you were about to steal, you fight all you can and even if you are seconds away from winning, all your efforts are gone and you have nothing to show for it. Most vigis are piss poor because of combat loggers taking away their way to make money and maybe going on to something else

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

its like having somebody store the HEMTT you were about to steal, you fight all you can and even if you are seconds away from winning, all your efforts are gone and you have nothing to show for it. Most vigis are piss poor because of combat loggers taking away their way to make money and maybe going on to something else

-1

Easy solution don't be a salty cunt and report, it's just a game grow up

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UnT0uchab1e said:

Easy solution don't be a salty cunt and report, it's just a game grow up

roughly 80% of people combat log when caught, its way too much to report every single incident and you don't get comp for bounties even if you report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

roughly 80% of people combat log when caught, its way too much to report every single incident and you don't get comp for bounties even if you report

Then don't complain if you're too lazy to report. And second don't even vigi if you're not up for it. All I hear is complain complain complain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnT0uchab1e said:

Then don't complain if you're too lazy to report. And second don't even vigi if you're not up for it. All I hear is complain complain complain

Simple fucking logic. 10/10. Wish everybody was this smart.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing none of the people here have actually tried to be a full-time vigilante, so hearing "Get over it" is kind of an admission of either you hate vigi's to the point you want to block every attempt to make their lives more fair, or you have no idea the amount of money that is lost because of combat logging. The only reason I have money is because I play APD every now and then when I feel like it and it pays for everything and more. If you ask any vigilante how much money they lose to combat loggers, they'll tell you "a fuck ton".

6 hours ago, Mr. Whiskey said:

Also the problem with this is when the person leaves the server and there player turns to bones, the server has no idea the bounty they had on there head so thats why you don't can will not receive bounty from a combat logger.

Hope this helped xD

Have you been a dev? If so, I appreciate the info but if not please don't assume what can and cannot be done by the devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people wouldn't combat log if vigi's would fucking initiate and stop the abuse (well not all) as a vigi make sure to initiate properly and be recording 

Edited by Mr. Sohrab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tron said:

I'm guessing none of the people here have actually tried to be a full-time vigilante, so hearing "Get over it" is kind of an admission of either you hate vigi's to the point you want to block every attempt to make their lives more fair, or you have no idea the amount of money that is lost because of combat logging. The only reason I have money is because I play APD every now and then when I feel like it and it pays for everything and more. If you ask any vigilante how much money they lose to combat loggers, they'll tell you "a fuck ton".

Have you been a dev? If so, I appreciate the info but if not please don't assume what can and cannot be done by the devs.

lol I'm not a dev however It's common sense in coding. I know your a child so it might be hard for you to understand that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sohrab said:

people wouldn't combat log if vigi's would fucking initiate and stop the abuse (well not all) as a vigi make sure to initiate properly and be recording 

 

So does that excuse people who combat store HEMETTs because rebels don't always initiate either? The sins of a few should not apply to the whole. Good vigilantes shouldn't be punished because of bad vigilantes just like rebels and cops shouldn't be punished for bad rebels and cops. Also, there's a difference between vigi abuse and just breaking the rules, too many people believe they're the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Whiskey said:

lol I'm not a dev however It's common sense in coding. I know your a child so it might be hard for you to understand that.


I'm in college and my field is in Computer Science, particularly in coding. If I were to make an educated guess as to how the code would function, it would look something like:

If player2 combat logs, place bones.

Player1 sends bones to jail.

If player2 has a bounty greater than or equal to 40,000 and Player1 has a vigilante license or is a cop, give x% of bounty total to player's bank account.

Proceed with sending player2 to jail and wiping bounty.

If the bones can track the player who owned the bones, then it can be used to pull their bounty amount and calculate the amount of money to be given to the person who sends the bones to jail since they also have their bounty wiped when they go to jail, meaning that info is still available to the server even though they aren't in it, which makes sense cause it'd be stupid for the devs to not be able to access that info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tron said:

 

So does that excuse people who combat store HEMETTs because rebels don't always initiate either? The sins of a few should not apply to the whole. Good vigilantes shouldn't be punished because of bad vigilantes just like rebels and cops shouldn't be punished for bad rebels and cops. Also, there's a difference between vigi abuse and just breaking the rules, too many people believe they're the same thing.


I'm in college and my field is in Computer Science, particularly in coding. If I were to make an educated guess as to how the code would function, it would look something like:

If player2 combat logs, place bones.

Player1 sends bones to jail.

If player2 has a bounty greater than or equal to 40,000 and Player1 has a vigilante license or is a cop, give x% of bounty total to player's bank account.

Proceed with sending player2 to jail and wiping bounty.

If the bones can track the player who owned the bones, then it can be used to pull their bounty amount and calculate the amount of money to be given to the person who sends the bones to jail since they also have their bounty wiped when they go to jail, meaning that info is still available to the server even though they aren't in it, which makes sense cause it'd be stupid for the devs to not be able to access that info.

If you know so fucking much then Einstein then why don't you code the server. ffs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.