Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Vextrum

Olympus on the down swing?

49 posts in this topic

anyone that played a year ago and plays today even 6 months ago and still plays today can see that there is a clear down swing in the quality of life on the server I have even taken many leaves from the server cause of this and I'm on one ATM as well.RDMing on the rise ,knowledge lacking cops, and just general douche bags have flooded the server and it doesn't show signs of change so I'm posting this to see what anyone thinks about the topic and what we can do to change it so we can Make Olympus Great Again.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submit reports when you get RDM'd. That's the solution to the RDM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bow said:

Submit reports when you get RDM'd. That's the solution to the RDM.

Here comes bow with that "Moderator answer",

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh please not again. Fuck it.

Kid

The server ain't dying

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Community Warps around the Staff. Depending on what image the staff has It'll attract different types of people. For Example When Hades and Zues were in charge iT attracted trolls. Now that Other staff are in charge It attracts assholes, because that is accepted by staff. No offense to any staff, just stating my opinion, 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CheckUrFoodNWater said:

 

Olympus died with Tanoa..

I hate you all...

 

I miss my farming simulator:(

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an unwhitelisted server. RDM will always be an issue. We deal with player reports a hell of a lot more efficiently than the staff did over a year ago.

 

It's only a matter of opinion but in my opinion the APD today is far and beyond what it was a year ago.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McDili said:

It's an unwhitelisted server. RDM will always be an issue. We deal with player reports a hell of a lot more efficiently than the staff did over a year ago.

 

It's only a matter of opinion but in my opinion the APD today is far and beyond what it was a year ago.

I Disagree 100%, 

I have videos upon videos that were enjoyable for boith apd and civs. The only thing is we used something called our voices to talk with the apd

 

yOU WONT SEE THIS NOIW

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fedot said:

I Disagree 100%, 

I have videos upon videos that were enjoyable for boith apd and civs. The only thing is we used something called our voices to talk with the apd

 

Sometimes I spectate, sometimes I play on civ with an alternate name, stuff like that and I still see interactions like this happen pretty frequently.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McDili said:

It's an unwhitelisted server. RDM will always be an issue. We deal with player reports a hell of a lot more efficiently than the staff did over a year ago.

 

It's only a matter of opinion but in my opinion the APD today is far and beyond what it was a year ago.

Honestly a whitelisted server either 1 or 2 wouldn't be a bad idea for the "hardcore RP" players of Olympus again just an idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be the unluckiest fucker around, Even with a ALt accounts and diffrent names i get the same shit RP "Put your hands up apd;; Whats the matter officer;; **Full auto into face**"

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RDM will always be a problem with un-whitelisted servers as @McDili said. But the staff try as hard as they can, and do a pretty good job, at banning those responsible. The problem is with people that do not report being RDMd and expect things to happen. As the online community of gaming is growing in general, so is the Arma community. We will get people you won't like, and you will have to deal with it. That's life. But the RDM is a by-product of server and community growth, but it can only be solved with the help of the community.

 

getting off the soapbox now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or "Hands up or die"

Just now, Pledge said:

RDM will always be a problem with un-whitelisted servers as @McDili said. But the staff try as hard as they can, and do a pretty good job, at banning those responsible. The problem is with people that do not report being RDMd and expect things to happen. As the online community of gaming is growing in general, so is the Arma community. We will get people you won't like, and you will have to deal with it. That's life. But the RDM is a by-product of server and community growth, but it can only be solved with the help of the community.

 

getting off the soapbox now...

Pledge for Mod, The best hoppa around

Like i said previously the community is based around staff

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vextrum said:

anyone that played a year ago and plays today even 6 months ago and still plays today can see that there is a clear down swing in the quality of life on the server I have even taken many leaves from the server cause of this and I'm on one ATM as well.RDMing on the rise ,knowledge lacking cops, and just general douche bags have flooded the server and it doesn't show signs of change so I'm posting this to see what anyone thinks about the topic and what we can do to change it so we can Make Olympus Great Again.

It's a public server with over a 1000 people on it each day. You do realize its Christmas time don't you. Spoiled brat kids are getting 1,000 dollar computers and hundred dollar steam gift cards. There is going to be a huge influx of newer players over the holiday breaks. I'm sure you didn't know all the rules when you started playing on the server. Relax, take a chill pill and quit bitching. Take a break if you need to or do whatever floats your boat. I have been a part of this community for a little over two years now and I have seen the servers go from high pop to low pop, back to high pop. Rule breakers are just part of the Olympus experience. We have all dealt with them at some point with our time playing on Olympus. It's not going to change unless we restrict new players from joining the servers and I do not see that happening anytime soon.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arma is nothing like it was 1 year ago, or 6 months ago like you said. A lot of people were still new to Arma back then, having fun. Here and there players quit and don't come back to the game. Arma is dying yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fedot said:

I must be the unluckiest fucker around, Even with a ALt accounts and diffrent names i get the same shit RP "Put your hands up apd;; Whats the matter officer;; **Full auto into face**"

 

 

That has always been the case with some APD. I've been on the APD since October of 2014 and there have always been cops that do that.

 

But I don't see how it makes a big different whether your start the conversation before or after detainment. Irl if a cop has made the decision to detain you then they're going to save the explanation until after you're in cuffs 9/10 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McDili said:

That has always been the case with some APD. I've been on the APD since October of 2014 and there have always been cops that do that.

 

But I don't see how it makes a big different whether your start the conversation before or after detainment. Irl if a cop has made the decision to detain you then they're going to save the explanation until after you're in cuffs 9/10 times.

From my experience once your in cuffs they wont let you out and or They are A.D.D. and forget your talking to them and you bounce to officer to officer. FULL DISCLOSURE it could be because i never leave Kavala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DB, Best Kavala Police Ever. Instead of complaining we should petion for apd not allowed to be in kavala and DB taking over the law enforcement for Kavala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fedot said:

The DB, Best Kavala Police Ever. Instead of complaining we should petion for apd not allowed to be in kavala and DB taking over the law enforcement for Kavala

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day, they will return. It will be glorious.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been a noticeable different, but that's bound to happen. You'll have both sides saying it's better or it's worse. It's all perspective, I think the quality has gone down but, in my opinion that's the player base's fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vextrum said:

anyone that played a year ago and plays today even 6 months ago and still plays today can see that there is a clear down swing in the quality of life on the server I have even taken many leaves from the server cause of this and I'm on one ATM as well.RDMing on the rise ,knowledge lacking cops, and just general douche bags have flooded the server and it doesn't show signs of change so I'm posting this to see what anyone thinks about the topic and what we can do to change it so we can Make Olympus Great Again.

You honestly don't know what you're talking about. 

 

I came here 1 year, 3 months ago and the server pop was absolute SHIT at peak times when the community was in the dirt. We've come a long way, and I only see it getting better. Shoutout to the staff (including myself :Kappa:) for making Olympus Great Again.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.