Olympus Dying? (Make Olympus Great Again)

Rogue

36 minutes ago, The White Tiger said:

I feel as while the player count is rising, the quality of the server is declining. I remember back when MC was a huge power house, PcP was around, and you couldn't drive a car without getting blown up through dysnc on this server. Everyone didn't just care about cartels and frag tages. There weren't a ton of asylum guys coming to be toxic. There weren't forum warriors roasting each other every chance they get. Altis Life was fun, and don't get me wrong it still is, but the quality and type of fun has changed so much that to some people, it really is dying. I love this server, and I will continue to play it, however I have realized that It has gone a direction that I may not like it to to go to. Altis Life used to be fun, filled with rp, and focused on interaction. Now everyone's focus is putting other people below themselves and killing each other at cartels. It's about the next montage clip that gets you rep on the forums and in the next gang filled with a bunch of shit talkers. Hopefully one day it goes back on the path that a lot of people prefer, but until then, to some people, the server will continue to die. 

It's generally just how things go in a game's lifecycle. The allure wears off over time and people feel like they've done everything so they routinely do the only thing that seems interesting to them anymore.

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It's generally just how things go in a game's lifecycle. The allure wears off over time and people feel like they've done everything so they routinely do the only thing that seems interesting to them anymore.

Yeah maybe its arma 3, there's definitely competition up coming with the flop that might be identity and the new, arma looking game. Altis life will always be fun, but your right, the lore of it has worn off and it just doesnt feel the same as it used to. I remember having a blast just trying to do a mushroom run in my hummingbird back then, now, it just isnt nearly as fun.

• Like 1
On 12/30/2016 at 3:49 PM, The White Tiger said:

I feel as while the player count is rising, the quality of the server is declining. I remember back when MC was a huge power house, PcP was around, and you couldn't drive a car without getting blown up through dysnc on this server. Everyone didn't just care about cartels and frag tages. There weren't a ton of asylum guys coming to be toxic. There weren't forum warriors roasting each other every chance they get. Altis Life was fun, and don't get me wrong it still is, but the quality and type of fun has changed so much that to some people, it really is dying. I love this server, and I will continue to play it, however I have realized that It has gone a direction that I may not like it to to go to. Altis Life used to be fun, filled with rp, and focused on interaction. Now everyone's focus is putting other people below themselves and killing each other at cartels. It's about the next montage clip that gets you rep on the forums and in the next gang filled with a bunch of shit talkers. Hopefully one day it goes back on the path that a lot of people prefer, but until then, to some people, the server will continue to die. 

I agree 100% with you but now the community is toxic and that's how we have to be. After a couple years another change will come about and maybe people will be even great toxic kids. Who the hell knows

• Like 1
On 12/30/2016 at 11:57 AM, Produs said:

I remember Olympus, and i'm sure a few others do when Zues was the man in charge. 

I remember Olympus when the Admins would have to intervene in situations because the cops couldn't handle things on their own.

We called it getting Zues'd and it happened a few times. 

That was the good old days, when possums were possums and mammoths were mammoths. 

I remember when Zeus would crash in the middle of the square and drop his Chief of police gear like every 15 minutes because his Asian connection was so shit

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

• We average 71 players
    • Asylum averages 65 players

Don't forget that asylum has 5 servers and olympus 2, ofcourse they will average a bit lower. But asylum has way more players than olympus for sure