Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Looking at restained peoples inventory

New idea: if we have someone restrained we should have access to somebodies inventory because we can't always rely on unrestraining then to make them drop their gear because 90% the time they just shoot you in the face and you have to file a report and comp etc...

This would cause mass abuse. Vigis restraining, robbing, then sending to jail. Thats more tickets. Even cops, stealing precious BW gear.

More abuse. More tickets@J0h

RP wise = +1

But for the sake of prevention from you having to submit more tickets = -1

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

This would cause mass abuse. Vigis restraining, robbing, then sending to jail. Thats more tickets. Even cops, stealing precious BW gear. More abuse. More tickets. -1 @J0h

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Also, stealing gear from people in police custody

RETWEET

11 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

This would cause mass abuse. Vigis restraining, robbing, then sending to jail. Thats more tickets. Even cops, stealing precious BW gear. More abuse. More tickets. -1 @J0h

Cops can already see into everyone's backpack restrained or not so that's a moot point.

Vigis already rob and send to jail.

If civs get close to APD detainees then it's the APD's fault for letting them get that close.

It's my belief that holding back features because of a few bad apples is not always the best solution. Having a feature like this would just make things quite a bit easier and would make so much more sense in RP. It removes the ability for someone to break the rules by not dropping their gear and it's a much better quality of life improvement.

7 minutes ago, McDili said:

It's my belief that holding back features because of a few bad apples is not always the best solution. Having a feature like this would just make things quite a bit easier and would make so much more sense in RP. It removes the ability for someone to break the rules by not dropping their gear and it's a much better quality of life improvement.

I don't completely disagree with the idea, in retrospect it would be an amazing feature providing it worked just as it says it would. I just think that the risk for reward would end up not being worth it. The whole point of the idea was to prevent having to submit a ticket for fail RP and comp, but with the fact that it would likely cause even more tickets to have to be submitted due to vigi abuse, fail RP, and compensation tickets. Also could see that police keeping people always from suspects would be ridiculous. I have a hard time as is trying to RP as a lawyer because 90% of the current rotation of cops have a hard time trusting even an innocent civilian with nothing but fresh spawn clothes. Also would suck for the guy who just wanted a pardon ticket from a cadet/constable in Kavala, but lost half his gear from 3 randoms coming up and stealing it when he was restrained. 

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I don't completely disagree with the idea, in retrospect it would be an amazing feature providing it worked just as it says it would. I just think that the risk for reward would end up not being worth it. The whole point of the idea was to prevent having to submit a ticket for fail RP and comp, but with the fact that it would likely cause even more tickets to have to be submitted due to vigi abuse, fail RP, and compensation tickets. Also could see that police keeping people always from suspects would be ridiculous. I have a hard time as is trying to RP as a lawyer because 90% of the current rotation of cops have a hard time trusting even an innocent civilian with nothing but fresh spawn clothes. Also would suck for the guy who just wanted a pardon ticket from a cadet/constable in Kavala, but lost half his gear from 3 randoms coming up and stealing it when he was restrained. 

You know what also sucks? Telling a guy to drop his gear and then he kills you.

That already creates tickets for us to do so I don't see how it makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, TheRealKyle said:

I honestly feel like brushing off features because it creates more work in the short term and maybe the long term is such a shitty/lazy mindset to have.

If you don't wanna do the job don't volunteer for it.

The whole point of the post was to not have to submit a ticket for fail RP and comp when someone doesn't drop their gear. If this feature was included then I would have no problem doing the tickets for this. 

11 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

More tickets. -1

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

The whole point of the post was to not have to submit a ticket for fail RP and comp when someone doesn't drop their gear. If this feature was included then I would have no problem doing the tickets for this. 

Maybe you should be more clear, but that isn't the only example of what I'm talking about, a lot of stuff in the past has been brushed aside because it would create more work because of a bigger chance of abuse.

Best example i can think of is back in the day where everytime anyone said Deputy's needed stings any SR-APD member laughed it off, it finally got implemented and literally almost nothing changed.