Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

McDili

CSAT Clothing, should we remove them?

Remove CSAT Clothes?   278 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we remove CSAT clothing?


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
125 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

So... more than nearly every gun on the server? that's realistic...

For something that protects your life... yeah it is realistic.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McDili said:

I'll respond to your "I have the experience" argument with a "I have the facts" video:

 

 

 

Yet everyone is still dying within 2 bullets, I really don't see why this is even being brought up again what so ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joel said:

For something that protects your life... yeah it is realistic.

people would still buy it just draining there banks entirely if there not rich giving rich people an obscene advantage which isn't good for competitive fights.

I don't fight arma 3 cartels anymore so i'm just saying what I think is better for you guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@McDili test it ingame olympus then people will pay allot more attention to it.

I completely agree with you just so ya know :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orgondo said:

Yet everyone is still dying within 2 bullets, I really don't see why this is even being brought up again what so ever

Because you're wrong. My custom uniform on cop has the CSAT Fatigues (Which btw, I will forfeit if csat clothes are removed) and I am wearing the blufor equivalent to the GA Rig. Sometimes I die because shots to the legs or arms do MORE damage than torso shots. But I have also survived 3 Mk1 shots before, and sometimes at long range even 4 shots.

 

The facts are there. I have tested this on Olympus and off Olympus. Olympus is not modded so armor values are IMPOSSIBLE to be different from vanilla arma. I'm only trying to post these videos to educate the community on the facts, because you're telling people that the clothes don't do anything like what pilot coveralls do. They do the exact same thing.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeathSnare said:

people would still buy it just draining there banks entirely if there not rich giving rich people an obscene advantage which isn't good for competitive fights.

I don't fight arma 3 cartels anymore so i'm just saying what I think is better for you guys.

If CSAT cost 200k and a Mk1 cost 130k people wouldn't buy it because they would rather just go out and buy a new Mk. 

I'm not saying make it cost that much I just recommended something :)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove them, people tank way too fucking much. Removing just Pilot Coveralls has no effect, you have to remove all CSAT clothing then really.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Grenade65 said:

Keep CSAT and remove GA rig

GA doesn't tank. One MK-1 shot to the chest gets you down to 75 with CSAT and 75 in the upper arm. One Mk-1 shot to the chest of a carrier-lite gets you down to 85 and does 70-80 damage to the arms. GA has more protection, while the carrier-lite has higher protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joel said:

For something that protects your life... yeah it is realistic.

You're saying a article of clothing should cost more than every 7.62 rifle. That's not realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

You're saying a article of clothing should cost more than every 7.62 rifle. That's not realistic.

It cost around 17k to suit one U.S Military soldier only $400 of that is a M16 rifle which is only a 5.56mm and a 7.62 cost nearly around $700. Not all of the remaining 16.5k is armor but most of it.

So yes it is realistically that armor cost more than your weapon... Life > Weapon 

You said realistically, this is a game we're your clothing tanks more than your vest. 

Edited by Joel
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joel said:

It cost around 17k to suit one U.S Military soldier only $400 of that is a M16 rifle which is only a 5.56mm and a 7.62 cost nearly around $700. Not not all of the remaining 16.5k is armor but most of it.

So yes it is realistically that armor cost more than your weapon... Life > Weapon 

 

Source? 

 

Don't forget that they also have multiple uniforms to wear. Soldiers also carry more than a gun and armor. they carry ammo, which isn't that expensive, but still costs money, they also carry binoculars and fancy night vision. They have a lot of expensive gear and shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DANGUSDEAN said:

Source? 

 

Don't forget that they also have multiple uniforms to wear. Soldiers also carry more than a gun and armor. they carry ammo, which isn't that expensive, but still costs money, they also carry binoculars and fancy night vision. They have a lot of expensive gear and shit.

I counted the clothing + weapons but still doesn't beat the fact that "realistically" you would pay more for decent armor than your weapon. 

I'd appreciate my life over my weapon.

You say it's not realistic to pay more for your armor than your weapon, think about it from a real life perspective not a Arma pov. 

We're here to talk about removing CSAT not how much armor cost in real life. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joel said:

I counted the clothing + weapons but still doesn't beat the fact that "realistically" you would pay more for decent armor than your weapon. 

I'd appreciate my life over my weapon.

You say it's not realistic to pay more for your armor than your weapon, think about it from a real life perspective not a Arma pov. 

We're here to talk about removing CSAT not how much armor cost in real life. 

you reccomended paying $200,000 for a shirt. 

 

But still, just remove it. it is dumb that it boosts the amount of armor you have by so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joel said:

It cost around 17k to suit one U.S Military soldier only $400 of that is a M16 rifle which is only a 5.56mm and a 7.62 cost nearly around $700. Not all of the remaining 16.5k is armor but most of it.

So yes it is realistically that armor cost more than your weapon... Life > Weapon 

You said realistically, this is a game we're your clothing tanks more than your vest. 

The amount of gear definitely costs more than the weapon. +1 to this. 

1 minute ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Source? 

 

Don't forget that they also have multiple uniforms to wear. Soldiers also carry more than a gun and armor. they carry ammo, which isn't that expensive, but still costs money, they also carry binoculars and fancy night vision. They have a lot of expensive gear and shit.

While im not a source, the 5 years I spent in the army came with experiences. To break it down a bit, just the coat, pants, and hat costs nearly 100 dollars. Still havent bought the boots, any protective gear, or ammo. So, Id agree with Joel here. A whole gear set will definitely cost more than the weapon itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DanteFleury said:

The amount of gear definitely costs more than the weapon. +1 to this. 

While im not a source, the 5 years I spent in the army came with experiences. To break it down a bit, just the coat, pants, and hat costs nearly 100 dollars. Still havent bought the boots, any protective gear, or ammo. So, Id agree with Joel here. A whole gear set will definitely cost more than the weapon itself.

He recomended the shirt alone cost more, not a whole gear set including vest and helmet. A shirt is not going to cost more than a weapon alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Orgondo If they don't tank then who cares if it's removed?

 

I mean, they do though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

He recomended the shirt alone cost more, not a whole gear set including vest and helmet. A shirt is not going to cost more than a weapon alone.

"So yes it is realistically that armor cost more than your weapon... Life > Weapon "

That doesnt read 'shirt' 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joel said:

You increased the price of GA rigs awhile ago but like you said they aren't the reasoning behind the tanking... CSAT Fatigues are really the only nice looking clothing. So you could just increase the price of CSAT. Wouldn't fix the problem but if keeping them gets the most votes increasing the price is a start ://

 

1 hour ago, Joel said:

Makem 200k a piece kappa

Looks like he's saying increase the price of csat clothes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

 

Looks like he's saying increase the price of csat clothes...

That was earlier when I made a idea. You then went on to say it's not realistic for your armor to cost more than your weapon. 

Edited by Joel
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it's not realistic for your shirt to cost more than you gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Csat's should be removed, cancer is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like tanking is not a bad thing, so long as you are forced to pay for the extra protection, possibly raise the prices a fair amount to compensate for the amount of protection they offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tanking is a very bad thing in any competitive shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeathSnare said:

tanking is a very bad thing in any competitive shooter.

I wouldnt say ArmA is a competitive shooter, it has competitive aspects but id say its more of a tactical shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna start stocking up and selling a couple months after theyre gone

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.