Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus Gang Life

Imo i see that alot of gangs just play cop, medic or other games (My gang had all six cartels today cause no one would fight) and only few gangs have the skill and player count to fight making a bunch of "randy" gangs. I don't know about s2 but the only people we consistently fight is r and VX 

33 minutes ago, Silton said:

Imo i see that alot of gangs just play cop, medic or other games (My gang had all six cartels today cause no one would fight) and only few gangs have the skill and player count to fight making a bunch of "randy" gangs. I don't know about s2 but the only people we consistently fight is r and VX 

Yup. Server 1 is really dead rn, with absence gone, and -O- somewhat inactive.

What can solve the issue is bringing back the warzone, I think a lot of old players and gangs will come back, and potentially bring some Asylum players over here, because I'm pretty sure fights are pretty dead right now over there as well. Also, maybe adding that cartel point system that Matt the Savage and a few others mentioned, that could influence some of those smaller gangs to start doing cartels.

• Like 1

Tbh this is the best you are going to get, Arma isn't what it was like 1 year, or 2 years ago. The new gangs that pop up never want to fight because you have shit talking gangs *Cough* Absence *Cough* Who tell them they are shit 24/7. Who wants to be called shit 24/7 when they are trying to have fun?

Edited by Sonny Asif
  • Like 4

To be honest I think that gangs are always trying to set up cartel fights...asking if people are coming, when they are coming...etc. to me this kind of kills it. The only arranged fights should be gangwars. If you want to go to a cartel go, don't announce it to the whole server and ask if people want to fight you there, they will see a gang took it and go fight if they want to. Before there was this surge of people only fighting cartels there were more fights on the server, at places such as random illegal areas or in a city. To me those fights are a lot more fun than sitting at a cartel behind a rock. 

Geez long post..... Basically let's have more fighting in other areas of the map, it is more sporadic and unpredictable! 

• Like 1

Fights aren't what they used to anymore. Arma 3's gang life is slowly dying on all the servers I've played on, and the fights aren't as fun anymore either. We shouldn't have to arrange fights. People used to always show up to defend their cartels, now people just make money. People run from fights, and don't want to fight at all. I don't know, obviously some of us bought this game for other reasons, I bought an ArmA gang for fights, but now I say this I'm gonna get told go play wasteland but people who say that haven't fought a cartel. "New Areas" can only help so much. Fights are dying and players are leaving, i don't think its coming back hahahahaha

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Linka said:

Fights aren't what they used to anymore. Arma 3's gang life is slowly dying on all the servers I've played on, and the fights aren't as fun anymore either. We shouldn't have to arrange fights. People used to always show up to defend their cartels, now people just make money. People run from fights, and don't want to fight at all. I don't know, obviously some of us bought this game for other reasons, I bought an ArmA gang for fights, but now I say this I'm gonna get told go play wasteland but people who say that haven't fought a cartel. "New Areas" can only help so much. Fights are dying and players are leaving, i don't think its coming back hahahahaha

Exactly why I think  a cartel point system should be implemented, to give other gangs an incesntive for showing up to a cartel and killing people.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sonny Asif said:

Tbh this is the best you are going to get, Arma isn't what it was like 1 year, or 2 years ago. The new gangs that pop up never want to fight because you have shit talking gangs *Cough* Absence *Cough* Who tell them they are shit 24/7. Who wants to be called shit 24/7 when they are trying to have fun?

This True why can't everyone be nice?

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Pretty solid answer tbh. When all these gangs do that shit honestly, I tend to say we're not going to bother with them. It's annoying.

Take this video for example: 
https://youtu.be/3NYcaFZxCjU?t=1m37s

VX is basically talking mad shit. We're in the middle of a fight and they non-stop spam messages and say shit in chat. This fight was 10x better and more worth it in our opinion compared to going to a cartel and sitting on a rock for 15 minutes.

Excuse me, but who are you? Don't fight cartels? Must be irrelevant... :Kappa:

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, HyperGoat said:

To be honest , gang life is dead because of buffs in the APD , I remember the constant feds and jails there used to be but like how theres always 16+ cops on they are too scared

Nah. There was a week where all of us did feds like 4 days in a row. Some days we had 6 or 7 people and would fend off cops for several waves. Then when we thought we might lose, we left. Almost no one got caught in all of those feds we did. We had a lot of fun, especially when they used their striders and hunters against us and we still fended them off. People just need to stop being pussies and worrying about losing a fight or two. That happens. You don't see sports teams cancel a game cause they have a couple more people injured than the other team. No, they fight through the hard fight. I was on cop, and my gang fled in some quilins and was tailed the whole way by a scout plane. We never caught any of them cause they were smart about it and kept running. Then they hid from us and got picked up in a heli and left. No one got tazed, and no cops died, but it was a solid 20-25 minute chase. I had fun trying to catch them, and i bet it was fun for them. 

People just need to be smarter with their fights and not be pussies. So what they have 2-3 more people, if you play smart and work together, you can easily win fights.