Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

A few things about Olympus

First, let me preface this by saying that i have played on this server for over two years and love the server. This isn't a "haha olympus is horrible fuck the admins" rant. just some things that I think could be fixed/made better.

1. Corporals looking for lethals. Now, when there is a fed going on with 15 armed rebels, I completely understand going to lethals right after the 3rd wave. But when corporals get killed 3 or 4 by their bad judgement and then get pissed of and flip that switch to lethals, even though there is no real justification. For example: The other day I was in Pygros as a fresh spawn. I had only a protector and was alone with no gang members on. I engaged a corporal and killed him. He then came back 3 times and got killed 3 times by me. He then proceeded to come back and lethal me. He could have just as easily tazed me. This has also happened many other times, such as at a jail with only 2 or 3 people left alive, and corporals are still going for lethals. There needs to be better judgement when to lethal and when to not.

2. Textures bug. This only happens to me on olympus. No texture bugs on asylum, KOTH, or anything else. Everyone knows the things that cause it, such as APD vehicles and helicopters, as well as the hospitals. The very small amount of rp that is gained from these things is not worth the bugs that make the game unplayable. Simple black and white with a little text for the APD, and almost vanilla hospitals. Sorry you wont be able to lift weights in your free time medics.

3. Feds and especially Blackwaters have gotten significantly harder to do. With the new things like BW HQ and rules like guns hot on ghosthawks after bomb blows, the last 6 feds i have been on cop for, only 1 was successful and there was about 15 people. I have not seen a BW been done in a very long time. There should be some rebalancing so its possible to do Feds and BW without 15 people. "yea but my gang of 8 held off 6 deputies and 4 P.Os" hurray for you, but if you have 10 people thats 2 to a gate plus one jump and one on bomb. with just 2 corporals and and a few P.Os and deputies, the deputies just need 1 lethal each, and then its extremely easy for cops to push in through a gate with only 1 person or go jump and sneak defuse. 

4. Cartel Fights are boring and repetitive. A year or two ago everyone was friendlier and people would get revved and leave after a fight much of the time. Now 90% of the time you go to cartels you either get roached from a km away or you have to beg other gangs to come fight. New cartel locations would be nice.

5. CSAT clothes plus GA is 4 shots from a 7.62. This makes other guns not viable choices. In my opinion CSAT clothes should be removed, and 7.62 should be much more expensive, at least 250k. When the server was right after the wipe, many people used 5.56 and 6.5, with a few using 7.62. Now every Kavala scat and their grandmother runs around with 7.62, because everyone already has their houses and vehicles and just have millions of dollars lying around for guns. combat was a lot more fun with varied guns, now the only practical thing is a 7.62.

These are just some ideas, I'd like to hear your thoughts

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Black Water and Fed robberies aren't meant to be easy. You're breaking into a government facility. You would be lucky to come away with your life.

That's what I was thinking. Plus most big gangs who do feds aren't doing it for the money. They already have plenty, most of the time they're just doing it to have a good time.

Guest G.O.A.T.

If you think Feds/BW's should be easy...you're very wrong.

I've seen/been a part of multiple less than 10 man feds with and against MC, majority of them have been successful. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to successfully do a fed with 15 people unless they're all apes.

2 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

If you think Feds/BW's should be easy...you're very wrong.

I've seen/been a part of multiple less than 10 man feds with and against MC, majority of them have been successful. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to successfully do a fed with 15 people unless they're all apes.

I'm saying that you need about 15 people to do a fed, which imo is too many. but tbh if a gang was able to hold 4 gates plus jump and bomb with 10 people then either they are gods or were fighting cops with no lethals. 

13 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Black Water and Fed robberies aren't meant to be easy. You're breaking into a government facility. You would be lucky to come away with your life.

Yes but balance is a thing as well and if you do manage to hold out for 20 minutes, which is hard enough to do against multiple corporals, if theres a sAPD on your truck will just get raped by a ghosthawk

23 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

1. Corporals looking for lethals. Now, when there is a fed going on with 15 armed rebels, I completely understand going to lethals right after the 3rd wave. But when corporals get killed 3 or 4 by their bad judgement and then get pissed of and flip that switch to lethals, even though there is no real justification. For example: The other day I was in Pygros as a fresh spawn. I had only a protector and was alone with no gang members on. I engaged a corporal and killed him. He then came back 3 times and got killed 3 times by me. He then proceeded to come back and lethal me. He could have just as easily tazed me. This has also happened many other times, such as at a jail with only 2 or 3 people left alive, and corporals are still going for lethals. There needs to be better judgement when to lethal and when to not.

+1

24 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

2. Textures bug. This only happens to me on olympus. No texture bugs on asylum, KOTH, or anything else. Everyone knows the things that cause it, such as APD vehicles and helicopters, as well as the hospitals. The very small amount of rp that is gained from these things is not worth the bugs that make the game unplayable. Simple black and white with a little text for the APD, and almost vanilla hospitals. Sorry you wont be able to lift weights in your free time medics.

"It's an Arma thing" -OS

Yet I've never gotten a texture bug on any other server, ever.

+1.

24 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

3. Feds and especially Blackwaters have gotten significantly harder to do. With the new things like BW HQ and rules like guns hot on ghosthawks after bomb blows, the last 6 feds i have been on cop for, only 1 was successful and there was about 15 people. I have not seen a BW been done in a very long time. There should be some rebalancing so its possible to do Feds and BW without 15 people. "yea but my gang of 8 held off 6 deputies and 4 P.Os" hurray for you, but if you have 10 people thats 2 to a gate plus one jump and one on bomb. with just 2 corporals and and a few P.Os and deputies, the deputies just need 1 lethal each, and then its extremely easy for cops to push in through a gate with only 1 person or go jump and sneak defuse. 

This, I can't agree with. If you keep communications under control and you work together, Feds/Bw/and jails are extremely easy to do. It's not necessarily manpower you need, mostly teamwork. Blackwater is by far the easiest to do in my opinion, and most of the ones I've participated (either with or against) have been quite successful. If you think about it, Corporals and below have to drive in an open field for 400-600 meters and if you can't shoot them out before they reach you.... Well... I heard MC was recruiting. 

27 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

4. Cartel Fights are boring and repetitive. A year or two ago everyone was friendlier and people would get revved and leave after a fight much of the time. Now 90% of the time you go to cartels you either get roached from a km away or you have to beg other gangs to come fight. New cartel locations would be nice.

Fat +1, couldn't agree with this more.

28 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

5. CSAT clothes plus GA is 4 shots from a 7.62. This makes other guns not viable choices. In my opinion CSAT clothes should be removed, and 7.62 should be much more expensive, at least 250k. When the server was right after the wipe, many people used 5.56 and 6.5, with a few using 7.62. Now every Kavala scat and their grandmother runs around with 7.62, because everyone already has their houses and vehicles and just have millions of dollars lying around for guns. combat was a lot more fun with varied guns, now the only practical thing is a 7.62.

Another +1, very important point here. Remove Csat and make the cheapest 7.62 be 150k(Rahim 150k, Mk-1 175k and Mk-18 160k). 

29 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

These are just some ideas, I'd like to hear your thoughts

Great fucking post man. I was gonna make something of this sort and post it on the forums but you literally took the words out of my mouth. Great ideas brought up and you gave possible solutions for some of them as well. +1 dude

• Like 5

My gang seems to have a decent success rate for fed's and I feel like they are in a good place. Your going to get rolled if 3 SGT's and a LT are on, but that's going to be the case regardless of how easy they make it. Even with a Ghosthawk in the air we have gotten away with the money; it is suppose to be hard.

I do agree on the CSAT thing, and I also believe that lethal's are pretty heavy right now. These things should (and in some cases are) be looked at.

42 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

@Jesse

Edited by J0h
20 minutes ago, Phizx said:

+1

"It's an Arma thing" -OS

+1.

This, I can't agree with. If you keep communications under control and you work together, Feds/Bw/and jails are extremely easy to do. It's not necessarily manpower you need, mostly teamwork. Blackwater is by far the easiest to do in my opinion, and most of the ones I've participated (either with or against) have been quite successful. If you think about it, Corporals and below have to drive in an open field for 400-600 meters and if you can't shoot them out before they reach you.... Well... I heard MC was recruiting. 

Another +1, very important point here. Remove Csat and make the cheapest 7.62 be 150k(Rahim 150k, Mk-1 175k and Mk-18 160k). 

Great fucking post man. I was gonna make something of this sort and post it on the forums but you literally took the words out of my mouth. Great ideas brought up and you gave possible solutions for some of them as well. +1 dude

Didn't you get demoted for lethaling at the wrong time? kekekek (If I'm wrong, then oops)

Just now, Ham said:

I mean, lethals play a part in a successful fed.

This was you:

For example: The other day I was in Pygros as a fresh spawn. I had only a protector and was alone with no gang members on. I engaged a corporal and killed him. He then came back 3 times and got killed 3 times by me. He then proceeded to come back and lethal me. He could have just as easily tazed me.

• Admin

1. I agree some corporals are quick with their lethals. Personally I am, but only in outnumbered situations so that way at least if I die I might lower the threat. If its a 1v1 and the threat is able to be tazed and restrained, there should not be lethals loaded. 

2.I've had the texture bug on exile servers as well. Also on bohemia's discord, multiple people who aren't from Olympus complain about the issue. So while we all personally don't experience it on servers WE play, it's beyond Olympus. Hell, I've had memory leaks in the middle of the desert with no vehicles around. 

3. From the civilian stand point, feds and blackwaters are supposed to be hard. As Tman said, you're breaking into a federal facility. Although feds and BWs are easily don't if you maintain teamwork and communications. Hell, I think the Fed and blackwater can sometimes be too easy. 

Don't really have a solid opinion on the other 2 so I won't touch on them. 

I agree with everything but the fed. As @Legolum was saying, I don't think we've ever done a fed with more than 10 people and we've had decent success rate with generally being outnumbered and with people coming to counter fed us too. Its like I keep telling people, Arma is about playing tactically and using advantages. Numbers mean nothing if you can't play even somewhat smart.

1 minute ago, Berg02 said:

This was you:

For example: The other day I was in Pygros as a fresh spawn. I had only a protector and was alone with no gang members on. I engaged a corporal and killed him. He then came back 3 times and got killed 3 times by me. He then proceeded to come back and lethal me. He could have just as easily tazed me.

Okay? I'm going to lethal when I can.

Guest G.O.A.T.
27 minutes ago, Phizx said:

+1

"It's an Arma thing" -OS

+1.

2f58a2c48201c21ef7f5c990fbe1eb66.png

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, DanteFleury said:

1. I agree some corporals are quick with their lethals. Personally I am, but only in outnumbered situations so that way at least if I die I might lower the threat. If its a 1v1 and the threat is able to be tazed and restrained, there should not be lethals loaded. 

2.I've had the texture bug on exile servers as well. Also on bohemia's discord, multiple people who aren't from Olympus complain about the issue. So while we all personally don't experience it on servers WE play, it's beyond Olympus. Hell, I've had memory leaks in the middle of the desert with no vehicles around. 

3. From the civilian stand point, feds and blackwaters are supposed to be hard. As Tman said, you're breaking into a federal facility. Although feds and BWs are easily don't if you maintain teamwork and communications. Hell, I think the Fed and blackwater can sometimes be too easy. 

Don't really have a solid opinion on the other 2 so I won't touch on them. 

2. Yea I'm sure it can happen sometimes in the desert but its a hell of a lot more likely around an apd prowler.

3. I see what you are saying i have maybe 50-60 success rate as civ, probably just cause im seeing alot of feds from a cop pov now and its shitter gangs.

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Okay? I'm going to lethal when I can.

@G.O.A.T. Just asking is this the official APD attitude towards this? if you get protectored 3 times by a lone dude flip to lethals????

Yes I know its not against the rules just seems like shitty judgement/rp

3 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

2. Yea I'm sure it can happen sometimes in the desert but its a hell of a lot more likely around an apd prowler.

3. I see what you are saying i have maybe 50-60 success rate as civ, probably just cause im seeing alot of feds from a cop pov now and its shitter gangs.

@G.O.A.T. Just asking is this the official APD attitude towards this? if you get protectored 3 times by a lone dude flip to lethals????

I mean, I didn't get to Sergeant on shitty judgment and RP, just saying. 

• Like 1
Guest G.O.A.T.
4 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

The APD encourages officers to use the handbook and the rules defined within it to their full advantage.

Just now, Ham said:

I mean, I didn't get to Sergeant on shitty judgment and RP, just saying. 

not asking the opinion of someone too young to be APD :)

Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

The APD encourages officers to use the handbook and the rules defined within it to their full advantage.

Ok

2 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

not asking the opinion of someone too young to be APD :)

Well, I must be a real good officer to get to a rank and not meet the full requirements, but anyways, bring age into it, you'll get shut down quick.

• Like 1