Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Microphone help

Hi, so some may have seen me since I got my new computer Sunday, but I have one lasting problem that I can't seem to resolve.

my headset mic doesn't work at all. My computer doesn't like, recognize my mic. I see in teamspeak that the thing lights up when I talk, but it just doesn't hear me at all, and no one hears me talking. It doesn't work in teamspeak or in game, and I don't know why. Obviously I need it to work in order to be able to play. 

Ive messed around with settings and stuff on my computer but nothing seems to work. I m able to listen through the headset but the mic doesn't work. Any tips at all.

2 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Hi, so some may have seen me since I got my new computer Sunday, but I have one lasting problem that I can't seem to resolve.

my headset mic doesn't work at all. My computer doesn't like, recognize my mic. I see in teamspeak that the thing lights up when I talk, but it just doesn't hear me at all, and no one hears me talking. It doesn't work in teamspeak or in game, and I don't know why. Obviously I need it to work in order to be able to play. 

Ive messed around with settings and stuff on my computer but nothing seems to work. I m able to listen through the headset but the mic doesn't work. Any tips at all.

is it showing up its enabled in the sounds menu? look up sounds in the start menu and see if it's enabled or showing up or not 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

My computer doesn't like, recognize my mic. I see in teamspeak that the thing lights up when I talk, but it just doesn't hear me at all, and no one hears me talking

I had this problem when i first got my PC, although i was using an Xbox one headset it didn't pick up my mic at all and i knew the headset worked. The way i ended up fixing it was i went into my windows 10 settings and uninstalled my drivers and instead installed the base windows 10 driver. Not sure why but that seemed to work, but it did the job for me and I hope this helps. I also hope you're using Windows 10 otherwise this isn't helpful for shit:P

• Like 1

I'm not home but I know that in the menu where I select microphone I have 3 options: microphone, line-in, and stereo mix. I don't know why, but none of them seem to work.

my drivers all seem to be up to date but I don't know for sure. I think they are.

yes, using windows 10 btw.

http://win10faq.com/fix-microphone-settings/ Try this link out, if you still are having an issue with the mic but have you checked your capture settings under tools then options at the bottom of the drop down menu on teamspeak itself? Is it just teamspeak that the mic does not wok? And what type of mic are we talking about because it might have it's own unique driver that you can download online if so. If it still does not seem to work I will look into it more. 

it's not the Bluetooth one right? And I'm gonna guess since I have beats headphone as well (For Music Only) it uses a jack instead of USB and I know this question might be a bit stupid to ask but did you make sure to have it on the correct Headset/mic jack.

It's the last one to the right in this pic --> 5dd140877a83dab997e437d24e90764d.png<- If you don't seem to have this third option you will need a 4 post to a 3 post converter to break out the mic and speaker

unless it's one of them beats that uses the 2 functions in one plug as a 4 pole 3.55mm audio jack that only works on phones to answer calls (Only way to activate the mic) when listening to music but you've tried it on another computer soooo.....searching for any drivers that may be needed..

Here is where you can buy the converter if you don't have that third jack option: https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-mobile-headset-to-pc-converter

or simply go to your local area to buy one

So, I'm not at home, but I know I have 2 jacks on the back of the monitor and I have 2 on the top of the tower. I have it plugged into one of the jacks on the monitor and I can hear sound through it, but I can't use the mic on it. I'll see if I need to buy that converter or not, but I'll check when I get home in like an hour or so.