Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

extend direct chat distance

This is a big issue I am coming across, constantly getting engaged without me knowing I am getting engaged so I just die. I cant hear a thing after like 5-6 meters, and I know its not  a problem with my headset (Razer Man O'war.) Just a pissoff to get robbed and think it is RDM constantly because no one speaks loud enough, or they are too far away.

• Like 1
  • Admin
16 minutes ago, MrRonSwanson said:

This is a big issue I am coming across, constantly getting engaged without me knowing I am getting engaged so I just die. I cant hear a thing after like 5-6 meters, and I know its not  a problem with my headset (Razer Man O'war.) Just a pissoff to get robbed and think it is RDM constantly because no one speaks loud enough, or they are too far away.

I mean, it's the shooter's job to make sure he will be heard. If he is trying to yell at you from down the road, he is wrong. If he is using verbal engagement he needs to be close by. If the person is arguably too far, they need to send a text for engagement. 

For instance, if I'm at the kavala gun store and see someone running passed the church headed to kavala square and I say on a regular voice "hands up or die" and expect them to hear me, I'm wrong. If I know his name and think he might not hear me, I should send a quick text, wait 5 seconds, then shoot from the distance. When in doubt, prepare a text. 

If im you I'd record. If you absolutely hear no engagement, it's worth reporting. If they say it from down the road and expect you to hear it, it's their own fault. IRL if I gently yell down the road, more than likely the person either can't hear me or has no idea what I said. 

Also, not hearing things after 6 meters sounds like your end. I can hear people a lot further than 6 meters and I have nothing special of a headset. 

Expected me to hear them over a helicopter spooling down, lost a tempest device and 600k worth of diamonds because of it. Just a little irked that it happened. And I have everything maxed in audio all the time from playing APD. Can't really report it either. This has happened on 4 separate occasions now, shadow play has been acting up lately so I can't record at all. Probably just going to stick to APD for now tbh.

4 hours ago, DanteFleury said:

I mean, it's the shooter's job to make sure he will be heard. If he is trying to yell at you from down the road, he is wrong. If he is using verbal engagement he needs to be close by. If the person is arguably too far, they need to send a text for engagement. 

For instance, if I'm at the kavala gun store and see someone running passed the church headed to kavala square and I say on a regular voice "hands up or die" and expect them to hear me, I'm wrong. If I know his name and think he might not hear me, I should send a quick text, wait 5 seconds, then shoot from the distance. When in doubt, prepare a text. 

If im you I'd record. If you absolutely hear no engagement, it's worth reporting. If they say it from down the road and expect you to hear it, it's their own fault. IRL if I gently yell down the road, more than likely the person either can't hear me or has no idea what I said. 

Also, not hearing things after 6 meters sounds like your end. I can hear people a lot further than 6 meters and I have nothing special of a headset. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Matt The Savage said:

I have an idea... when you are landing and see a fully gear guy running at you and pointing his gun at you fly the fuck away??

Clearly said tempest device so I wasn't flying, was sitting in diamond dealer and I hear a chopper land, doors open. Wait a few seconds and then I get shot.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:02 AM, Matt The Savage said:

I have an idea... when you are landing and see a fully gear guy running at you and pointing his gun at you fly the fuck away??

You literally even quoted the part where he said he's in a Tempest, where in that quote did you get that he was in a Helicopter?