Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

why do vigis have such a bad rap and get so much hate? its not our fault everyone and their mother has to be a criminal, we only sit in towns to try to help people and stop robberies, a criminal souldnt be able to walk through a town when hes wanted.

51 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

why do vigis have such a bad rap and get so much hate? its not our fault everyone and their mother has to be a criminal, we only sit in towns to try to help people and stop robberies, a criminal souldnt be able to walk through a town when hes wanted.

the day i vigilante rps with me and knows the full extend of rules then talk to me

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Rogue said:

the day i vigilante rps with me and knows the full extend of rules then talk to me

I know them and rped with you yesterday for a second :D i was the guy oarked on the road who said he was checking his map :P

• Like 1

Vigi's aren't liked cause you don't really have a chance of getting out of it when you're caught. A lot of them don't know the rules very well, which doesn't help, and they just show up at bad times. Otherwise, i think it's cool, someone to help the cops out a little.

Everytime im on civ i see in side chat- how much can i send someone to jail for? Do i have to read charges? In my 1700 hours on olympus.. only had one *good* experience with a vigi who knew his shit, cough Docjoe* before i knew em. Every other time its just RDM or i was engaged properly.. but nothing else is followed through correctly. Makes me sad.

Vigilantes are general disliked due to:

1. The role has a lack of RP most of the time

Most vigilantes will capture you and send you straight to jail, without much of a chance to explain yourself or your charges. I have seen very few vigilantes that are arresting someone RP with that person. The most you usually get out of them is your charges read off and notified you're being sent to jail. 

^^ Not complaining either. The role is meant to be a money making role for those who need it and those who want justice brought to criminals that can't/don't/aren't in the APD.

2. The stereotypical vigilante, breaks rules

While most vigilantes that I have seen follow the rules perfectly or with little flaws, it is noted that people only really remember the situations in which generally, a new player that hasn't fully read/understand the rules, has either RDM'd or Vigi Abused them. This has created a stereotype for vigilantes which will most likely never end. 

3. The consequences of being vigi'd are among the worst

If you get killed by a rebel, you can get epi'd or revived. If you get caught by the APD, you can RP with an officer for less risk and can pay a ticket so you don't have to go to jail. If you get vigi'd, you get sent to jail. Nothing else. People would rather spend time RPing with an officer and then spending $600k on tickets then spending 3 hours in jail because a vigilante caught you when you spawned in Athira. 

These are just a few reasons why there is a large hate for vigilantes. 

@reno walkins

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

1. The role has a lack of RP most of the time

Most vigilantes will capture you and send you straight to jail, without much of a chance to explain yourself or your charges. I have seen very few vigilantes that are arresting someone RP with that person. The most you usually get out of them is your charges read off and notified you're being sent to jail. 

^^ Not complaining either. The role is meant to be a money making role for those who need it and those who want justice brought to criminals that can't/don't/aren't in the APD.

Also, don't forget that rp is kind of pointless with a vigilante. They can't lower a ticket, or give you a pardon, or anything a cop can do. Maybe you can send them money but then you would still have your bounty and would be able to get vigi'd by someone else, or by the same person. But, they could make it more interesting I do agree.

Also, like cops, reading charges and then sending to jail is required, which kind of makes it not really rp. If they asked why you would kill people, or why they would deal drugs to kids who are gonna die because of it, that would be rp. Doin what's required isn't really rp at all imo. I don't vigi so I don't know what I would do if I caught someone. If I know they have friends nearby, I might just send to jail, but if it's some random person, I might consider rping a little more. Kind of hard though cause you never know when or who might show up to save the guy.

• Like 1
Just now, Jesse said:

Which tbh, if I catch someone worth 1m or something I'm not gonna RP with him because chances are he'll stall for his buddies or who knows some other vigi might try and jack him from me. No thanks, straight to jail you go m8.

Of course! I am not one who hates vigilantes :P I would send that guy to jail too.. It doesn't make sense to keep wandering around trying to RP with a 1 mil bounty if you're expecting them to get rescued. I think the hate goes more towards when people get sent straight to jail after they have 2 self defense man slaughters for $60k.

36 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Also, don't forget that rp is kind of pointless with a vigilante. They can't lower a ticket, or give you a pardon, or anything a cop can do. Maybe you can send them money but then you would still have your bounty and would be able to get vigi'd by someone else, or by the same person. But, they could make it more interesting I do agree.

Also, like cops, reading charges and then sending to jail is required, which kind of makes it not really rp. If they asked why you would kill people, or why they would deal drugs to kids who are gonna die because of it, that would be rp. Doin what's required isn't really rp at all imo. I don't vigi so I don't know what I would do if I caught someone. If I know they have friends nearby, I might just send to jail, but if it's some random person, I might consider rping a little more. Kind of hard though cause you never know when or who might show up to save the guy.

Although it is required, It still is RP. It is just poor RP. I was just giving reasons that other people likely hate vigilantes. I personally don't mind them especially for this casual RP server, however people think the vigilante aspect lacks too much RP even for this server.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Which tbh, if I catch someone worth 1m or something I'm not gonna RP with him because chances are he'll stall for his buddies or who knows some other vigi might try and jack him from me. No thanks, straight to jail you go m8.

whats annoying is killing 2 people and then "hands up or *BRTTTTTT* be tazed" and then sent to jail

8 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Although it is required, It still is RP. It is just poor RP. I was just giving reasons that other people likely hate vigilantes. I personally don't mind them especially for this casual RP server, however people think the vigilante aspect lacks too much RP even for this server.

Yeah, it is rp, but since it is required to say that stuff by rule, it kind of isn't really. Roleplay, I think, is doing more than required to do. If a cop does only what is required, L.I.S.T. and being done with it, isn't really rp imo. I would tell them to explain charges, or scold them for something they did. Doing only what's required by rule is not breaking rules/fail rp, it's just not really rping, it's just getting through it at bare minimum. I btw don't care about vigi's, I like them cause they are able to keep the wanted list smaller. And I agree, rebels get upset being caught by vigi's cause they don't rp much, but really, rebels almost never rp, they just say hands up or die, then rob you of your stuff, or just kill you to get their bounty up. That's not rp. But yeah, I don't care about vigi's, if they want to rp with me, ok, if they don't, whatever. Obviously I'll be upset if they break rules, but that doesn't happen that often. Whatevs, vigi's keep having fun annoying the shit out of the majority of the server.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, buckie said:

cuz ur scumbags who camp garages waiting for people with a 40k bounty to walk past you rdm him and send him to jail

Like you abide by every rule 

25 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

whats annoying is killing 2 people and then "hands up or *BRTTTTTT* be tazed" and then sent to jail

Well kill a third person wanker

I just started doing Vigi a couple days ago. Most of the time when I've got someone, they cuss  and swear and say something about my Mom. RIP Mom. IF you act that way with me, I run them straight to vigi shop and send them on their way. Most people that I catch don't even try to say why they did something. I gave up a 600k Bounty the other night cause he started telling me why etc.. I could care less about the money. ( I have 31m BTW) All I'm looking for is some RP.

7 hours ago, reno walkins said:

Vigis tend to break rules all the fucking time. Never rp then go on fourms claiming they want rp. Will take any bounty. And are seen as wannabe cops. Overall never vigi unless you wanna be know as a fucking scummy person who no one likes. You posting here wont change our minds.

2 minutes ago, Auri said:

Vigis tend to break rules all the fucking time. Never rp then go on fourms claiming they want rp. Will take any bounty. And are seen as wannabe cops. Overall never vigi unless you wanna be know as a fucking scummy person who no one likes. You posting here wont change our minds.

Chill out. Of course we take any bounty above 40k! Thats our jobs! Plus crims deserve jail :)