Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Server 3?

I know it hasn't been too long since Tanoa (which I still miss:unsure:), but as of lately the 2 Olympus servers from what I've seen have almost always been both completely full during peak hours of the day, and not just civs either the APD and RnR normally as of lately have had really high numbers as well. I know I don't understand shit when it comes to adding another server or the work that's needed for that to happen, but waiting 20 mins spamming enter to get into either server on a Monday night never used to happen until after the Christmas Holidays where we got A LOT of newcomers and gangs. Maybe if we could simply add another Altis server to balance the increasing amount of players playing on the servers? I'm not saying I don't like having more players, but there are times I get frustrated trying to get into the servers and I sometimes miss out due to that. I'm not asking for a 3rd server to open up tomorrow, I'm just asking if we will see one in the future for when the servers really start to overpopulate? Let me know what you guys think :) 

• Like 10

Servers cost a decent amount of money and it would be a bit more work for the staff. I'd rather have 2 full servers then a third server with 30 people also. However as long as it was populated decently I wouldn't be opposed.

• Like 3
Guest G.O.A.T.

I think it'd be in OS's best interest if they waited until late spring-early summer to implement a 3rd server, as that's when we will have a population spike (I.E. kids out of school for summer).

13 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

I think it'd be in OS's best interest if they waited until late spring-early summer to implement a 3rd server, as that's when we will have a population spike (I.E. kids out of school for summer).

Well to help the cost out starting the server at nearly 50 people at first to keep cost low. Then gradually raise it the closer to summer we get. Also, the past 3-4 months on donation goals have been met, so I am fairly confident we could afford or even have a surplus maybe to run a 3rd server on low population.

Guest G.O.A.T.
1 minute ago, DeadPool1337 said:

Well to help the cost out starting the server at nearly 50 people at first to keep cost low. Then gradually raise it the closer to summer we get. Also, the past 3-4 months on donation goals have been met, so I am fairly confident we could afford or even have a surplus maybe to run a 3rd server on low population.

Doing that would have the same effect of Tanoa. People would just farm cash over there because no one gives enough of a fuck to rob them. Needs to wait until the kiddies are out of school.

Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

Doing that would have the same effect of Tanoa. People would just farm cash over there because no one gives enough of a fuck to rob them. Needs to wait until the kiddies are out of school.

Good point plus they bring their mom and dads credit cards 

9 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Maybe have server 3 but have one of the old Olympus maps, with the great bridge, old crystal meth pro in the far NW etc.. Not sure if many would play on it though.

if it had old warzone that would be great:D

• Like 2