Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Shadowplay issue.

I built my new PC a few weeks ago and installed GF Experience V 2.11.4 (Because 3 is dogshit) On my old PC this version worked flawlessly. But now it does not record TeamSpeak. It records my microphone and in game sound just fine, but no Teamspeak. I googled it and I cant really find anyone else having the same issue. If anyone here has experienced this and found a fix please let me know.

With the sound on your computer there is something called the default device, as well as the default communication device. For example my headset uses two different types of audio to ensure better quality based on what you are capturing, I.E. voice and in game audio. To fix this issue go to your search bar, type in sound. Go to output and set your audio device (headphones) as both the default device and the default communications device. Afterwards go ahead make sure shadowplay is using the same device aswell. If you have any questions about this or it simply does not work let me know, or I can help you in the teamspeak. Good luck!

12 hours ago, Solomon said:

With the sound on your computer there is something called the default device, as well as the default communication device. For example my headset uses two different types of audio to ensure better quality based on what you are capturing, I.E. voice and in game audio. To fix this issue go to your search bar, type in sound. Go to output and set your audio device (headphones) as both the default device and the default communications device. Afterwards go ahead make sure shadowplay is using the same device aswell. If you have any questions about this or it simply does not work let me know, or I can help you in the teamspeak. Good luck!

Default devices are not the issue I am aware how this stuff works. I don't use a headset nor a USB pair of Headphones. I have an Xonar Essence STX with DT770s as my headphones and a Blue Yeti as a mic. Why would I set my Comm device as my blue yeti? There is a 3.5mm jack through the yeti that relays the sound coming through of the mic itself. From what you said I believe you're just talking about USB headsets as they are (USUALLY) Named the same thing so you would of course want both of your default devices to be the headset (Headphones/Mic) That you currently use.

Edit: better tl;dr No, my windows audio is fine. Turns out that my dumbass had teamspeak specifically set to my sound card, not my windows default. Switched it back to default and bam worked. I'm a dumbass