Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Its kinda ridiculous that i have a nearly 2000 dollar PC and i cant go more then 20 hrs normally on the server with out texture glitching or black screening. I also have tbbmalloc installed which is supposed to help but it still refuses to work.

Literally just crashed my racing caesar because i froze and black screened mid air and force disconnected. Even worse, shadow play wont record shit in arma when the game is crashing or texture glitch no matter what i do. 

I've been on the server for over 2 years now and i never remember there being a texture glitch even 6 months ago... Could you please fix it? As far as im concerned literally everyone is annoyed by it whether they personally are plagued with it or not. Not only does it effect the person who gets texture glitched but it also slows down their teammates/friends.

Thanks, 

TomKingslayer

Main Components:
980 ti
i7 4790k 

1600mhz DDR3 2x8gb 
Asrock z97 fatality.

Storage.

256gb Crucial M.2 SSD(ARMA 3 INSTALL.)
160gb Intel 320 SSD(Windows)
1tb HDD(Random shit, Steam folder for not important games.)

7 minutes ago, TomKingslayer said:

Its kinda ridiculous that i have a nearly 2000 dollar PC and i cant go more then 20 hrs normally on the server with out texture glitching or black screening. I also have tbbmalloc installed which is supposed to help but it still refuses to work.

Literally just crashed my racing caesar because i froze and black screened mid air and force disconnected. Even worse, shadow play wont record shit in arma when the game is crashing or texture glitch no matter what i do. 

I've been on the server for over 2 years now and i never remember there being a texture glitch even 6 months ago... Could you please fix it? As far as im concerned literally everyone is annoyed by it whether they personally are plagued with it or not. Not only does it effect the person who gets texture glitched but it also slows down their teammates/friends.

Thanks, 

TomKingslayer

Main Components:
980 ti
i7 4790k 

1600mhz DDR3 2x8gb 
Asrock z97 fatality.

Storage.

you spent 2k for a i7 4790K 

4790 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 1
Just now, Turtle_Chris said:

I switched my Memory allocator to JEMalloc_bi, haven't gotten the texture bug since.

when you did that did it take longer to load up when you first spawn in? my texture bugs started happening less frequently but I will lag hard as fuck if I drive near a city or anything trying to load everything/

20 minutes ago, TomKingslayer said:

Thanks, 

TomKingslayer

Main Components:
980 ti
i7 4790k 

1600mhz DDR3 2x8gb 
Asrock z97 fatality.

Storage.

It's Bohemia your going to have to wait for them to come out with a patch. Now Olympus amplifies this with the custom textures in the near updates they are fixing it on there end with a new CODEC

22 minutes ago, J0h said:

when you did that did it take longer to load up when you first spawn in? my texture bugs started happening less frequently but I will lag hard as fuck if I drive near a city or anything trying to load everything/

Nope, I personally didn't notice a difference in loading times.

1 hour ago, TomKingslayer said:

Thanks, 

TomKingslayer

Main Components:
980 ti
i7 4790k 

1600mhz DDR3 2x8gb 
Asrock z97 fatality.

Storage.

Change your shadowplay settings under privacy to record desktop so shadowplay will record crashes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bigSMOKE said:

you spent 2k for a i7 4790K 

4790 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I bought all this stuff quite a while back, you also dont know the details of the rest.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Oh, good you're using TBBMalloc, an outdated memory allocation probably. If you have such a GODLY pc why not use "System" for memory allocation and let your PC handle the allocation?

Oh. Also, making a thread like this isn't the best way to get things fixed, etc. It's a BI issue mainly, just for an undetermined reason seems to happen more to SOME people here.

If its a game issue then why doesnt it ever happen on any other servers?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, buckie said:

why the fuck are you on the server 20 hours 

"1v1 me on CQC" - Buckie screams

"ok log on"          - Box yells

*Buckie dies 17 times box dies twice* - Buckie yells "your gay"

*Buckie Disconnects*

"I'm surprised he didn't start throwing plates" - Box

Why are you even talking?

3 hours ago, Mini said:

"1v1 me on CQC" - Buckie screams

"ok log on"          - Box yells

*Buckie dies 17 times box dies twice* - Buckie yells "your gay"

*Buckie Disconnects*

"I'm surprised he didn't start throwing plates" - Box

Why are you even talking?

lmfao jokes when ur on a CQC with ur entire gang killing me and spawn camping me deff, Why r you even talking i forgot who you were tbh 

8 hours ago, buckie said:

lmfao jokes when ur on a CQC with ur entire gang killing me and spawn camping me deff, Why r you even talking i forgot who you were tbh 

Sorry who are you? Go throw some plates you gangless fat virgin cunt

15 hours ago, Mini said:

Sorry who are you? Go throw some plates you gangless fat virgin cunt

lmfao im in a gang nor am i fat? but i dont gotta explain nothing to you,fucking retard who wants attention, Keep Yourself Safe

Come on guys, is it hard to get along? Have normal conversation? I know this is the internet but I would expect some sort of respect to each other and actually go by the forum rules, General Rules, chapter 4 .  As for the texture bugs, we're fully aware of it and it's something that will be here for a while, I appreciate the amount of posts about it to make it aware to the dev's but it's a bit much and I don't want to always keep saying the same thing over and over and I'm sure @Jesse is aware of it as well. And I'm not gonna go all about how it's not the server to a full extent. Bohemia have this issue and it's not friendly to any server with added stuff involved. If anything the dev's you should be going to is Bohemia dev's themselves even tho they're aware of it as well and are trying to find a fix by giving feedback it can help. 

9ff5cb5c933a8ee5f914fee91dc0ad98.png>https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00166

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, TomKingslayer said:

If its a game issue then why doesnt it ever happen on any other servers?

It does.

Otherwise people wouldn't be posting on the arma 3 discord or arma 3 subreddit about it.

You can also find multiple videos about people complaining about how often it occurs and how much of a pain in the ass it is.

It's pretty common knowledge that this is happening for plenty of others outside Olympus. And like Jesse said, it happens to SOME people more on Olympus, but not ALL people. There are some who don't ever get the texture bug. There was a point where I had it occur quite a lot, but sometimes when I play I don't have it happen at all. Sometimes it does, rarely, but other times I won't get it all day. It's completely random and there's no way to track it.

The devs have been working on an experimental idea that we'll be able to test which won't actually prevent it from happening but might possibly make it only last a few seconds... but it might totally not work at all... I mean you have to ask yourself if Bohemia has been trying to fix it this for months, and they're a paid development team that built the game in the first place... you're really placing high expectations on our devs who volunteer to develop a mission file on said game who aren't really equipped nor have the resources anywhere close to what the BI team has.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:00 PM, TomKingslayer said:

Thanks, 

TomKingslayer

Main Components:
980 ti
i7 4790k 

1600mhz DDR3 2x8gb 
Asrock z97 fatality.

Storage.

Damn we have the exact same pc lol, I've got the 970 though. Only 1 500g ssd and 500g hard drive 

11 hours ago, buckie said:

lmfao im in a gang nor am i fat? but i dont gotta explain nothing to you,fucking retard who wants attention, Keep Yourself Safe

Your so inactive it fucking hurts, your trash I don't comprehend how the actual fucking hell you think you have the room to call people out on wanting attention. You are a 13 year old kid who camps forums and doesn't play. So please go throw some plates at your wall.