Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Medics need permanent repairs. Tell me what you think?

Medics need permanent repairs. What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, AlantheVIGI said:

Yes we need to have permanent repair tools. Just a waste of money continuously buying them.

Toolkits are extremely cheap for medics, don't complain.

One of my educations is as a auto mechanic and i'm just going to say that you dont throw away the tools you have unless they break but then again you dont drive around with a spare engine or 4 extra wheels and it doesn't take 30 sec to repair a vehicle thats hit a rock, tree or a human ive seen it and cleaned some cars after it i mean the toolkit is a universal storage unit of spare parts that's able to repair a vehicles that should have been totalled in 30 sec so i really dont see the problem in people buying a new toolkit after every use.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 1

How about as well as a tool kit, R&R has the option to purchase that pretty blue toolbox that you see by all the upgrade stations and it has unlimited uses. But it can only be loaded into the back of an offroad or hemmt, kinda like towing a vehicle. And code it a repair option when near a vehicle, sorta like the fuel truck. Add a pretty price tag on it as a money sink and wallah!

50 minutes ago, Mack said:

How about as well as a tool kit, R&R has the option to purchase that pretty blue toolbox that you see by all the upgrade stations and it has unlimited uses. But it can only be loaded into the back of an offroad or hemmt, kinda like towing a vehicle. And code it a repair option when near a vehicle, sorta like the fuel truck. Add a pretty price tag on it as a money sink and wallah!

Like the idea. Other servers use the off-road as a way to repair a vehicle without using a toolkit.

8 minutes ago, Mooey said:

Other servers use the off-road as a way to repair a vehicle without using a toolkit.

You can do the same the hint is in the name Offroad (Repair) its just a retextured version of this.

offroad-fuel.jpg.fa6d0bba74635537df894a6

You should know this because you read the handbook 

3.4. Repairing Fees: (Invoice Required)

3.4.1. Toolkit Repair: $2,000

3.4.2. Off-Road Repair: $2,500

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

I mean I can make it so you repair and it takes money from you and takes longer. So basically it costs the same as buying the repair kit + have increased time.

If you can make it so it costs more money to repair without a tool kit, and maybe takes longer without one, then I am fine with that.  let me know how complicated that is and how fast it would be implemented.  

Not regarding to this, but I've seen on some other server that all the cars u spawn from any garage, they come with the " smallest backpack with a toolkit " in their inventory. I donno if it would be a good idea here, but imho it would be easier, especially for the new players to get used to repair and stuff. 

can u also do the repair without toolkit to apd as well? Just wondering... just an idea or sth. :)

• 2 years later...
On 2/2/2017 at 9:25 PM, Mercury said:

It does irk me slightly that the toolkit just vanishes into the ether. "Hmmmmm I just finished fixing my car but my tools have all vanished into a puff of smoke"

Also, @Ignis you'll pay for that....

I agree, I believe the monopoly on toolkits by Big Pharma needs to stop at the RnR door. I'm tired of hauling ass in my Quilin just to get a flat tire, then fix it up with my last kit, get another flat, and be stuck at lower speeds when responding to calls- wait where am I?