Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

*advice needed* Moving back soon and gonna build a new pc

Been out of the country for 8 months, I'm coming back next month and I desperately need to upgrade my PC. I've never built a PC before so I would like some advice from you guys. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z8jRHN this is what I've chosen so far. I know the basics about building PCs and the parts and shit. What do you guys think? Should I make changes? Are there any incompatibilities? Any thing I need to add? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Looks good, if you are going to be playing ARMA lots though I recommend using more RAM, also with regards to cooling, liquid cooling is good but you will need to make sure you have a good air flow through the computer with a couple decent fans. You'll want that especially if you plan to overclock. Idk about the RAM make you are getting but Corsair is a good make. Graphics cards aren't necessarily majorly important if just for ARMA, a GTX 970 will do you as a solid card and save you 300 dollars, depends if you want to future-proof your PC and how much you wanna spend. The power supply is probably a bit overkill also. Other than that, good specs :) 

Edit: As Ajax said, a small Samsung SSD is also a good shout just to boot up your PC super quick, but not necessary. For the price you can get them for and how much you are spending I'd say it's worth it.

Edited by Maddog
Adding something.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Weathers said:

Been out of the country for 8 months, I'm coming back next month and I desperately need to upgrade my PC. I've never built a PC before so I would like some advice from you guys. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z8jRHN this is what I've chosen so far. I know the basics about building PCs and the parts and shit. What do you guys think? Should I make changes? Are there any incompatibilities? Any thing I need to add? Any help would be highly appreciated.

I'd get an SSD, and you don't really need a 100$ liquid cooler unless you plan to OC your CPU.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Maddog said:

Looks good, if you are going to be playing ARMA lots though I recommend using more RAM, also with regards to cooling, liquid cooling is good but you will need to make sure you have a good air flow through the computer with a couple decent fans. You'll want that especially if you plan to overclock. Idk about the RAM make you are getting but Corsair is a good make. Graphics cards aren't necessarily majorly important if just for ARMA, a GTX 970 will do you as a solid card and save you 300 dollars, depends if you want to future-proof your PC and how much you wanna spend. The power supply is probably a bit overkill also. Other than that, good specs :) 

Edit: As Ajax said, a small Samsung SSD is also a good shout just to boot up your PC super quick, but not necessary. For the price you can get them for and how much you are spending I'd say it's worth it.

You think IL need more than 16gb of ram?? Also how do I get good airflow??

1 hour ago, Quintin said:

@Weathers Were you the guy that left for Egypt awhile ago? Either way, welcome back.

Yeah man that's me, thanks tho I appreciate it

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I would pick up an ssd, doesn't even have to be big just a 256 gb one is good for your os and games

Will do. Ty man

2 hours ago, Phizx said:

You're still alive? :o

Yeah boii. Weathers 2.0 coming back at ya

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

You do realize he has 16gb of ram already and Arma 3 is a 32bit game and only utilizes 2Gb if your ram.. And Gskill is alright Weathers, corsair is better however if you can find some HyperX ram id highly suggest getting it over anything else. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Orgondo said:

You do realize he has 16gb of ram already and Arma 3 is a 32bit game and only utilizes 2Gb if your ram.. And Gskill is alright Weathers, corsair is better however if you can find some HyperX ram id highly suggest getting it over anything else. 

Learn something new everyday.