Cartel Feedback - Serious Replies Only

Hey all, 

Now that the new Cartels are in (mostly) I want you nerds there fighting. Flesh them out fully,  hit them with every strategy both on defense and offense. Once you think you have a grasp on them,  please leave some feedback below. I would like hear a bit of feedback in regards to tweaks that could be made to better improve the cartel experience FROM A DESIGN Standpoint. 

Serious feedback only,  trolls will be permanently moderated,  reported,  banned,  and have their accounts wiped. 

Go! 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, 7om said:

The cartel on the south flats with the church is a good spot. One thing bad about it is the big tower. Remove that and replace it with a command center or  another deer stand.

Is the big tower too op for the surrounding area? Too laggy ?  Not enough cover to push? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Peter Long said:

Is the big tower too op for the surrounding area? Too laggy ?  Not enough cover to push? 

Its all of what you said. For future designs always try exclude the big tower, its just to OP and laggy af. 

Another thing, the cartel on the very north of the map. The castle, above meth lab, is to difficult to push, its way to easy to defend as there is so many highpoints that you simply cant get to without being seen/shot. Im not to sure what could be done to balance it other than to maybe add a couple deerstands on the outside for the attackers to get

20 minutes ago, RambleR said:

Imo take away the north west cartel above meth pro. My reason, castle has only one jump spot up unless dropped in an orca. Way too ez defending imo. 

I agree, it's very one-sided. 

28 minutes ago, RambleR said:

Imo take away the north west cartel above meth pro. My reason, castle has only one jump spot up unless dropped in an orca. Way too ez defending imo. 

Its also far as fuck away from everything

• Like 2

I really like how the new cartel below the salt flats looks and I'm sure it will be fun to fight once all the lag from the area gets removed.

I was in the bottom of a bi hut and I began watching the stairs because I heard foot steps but when the person rushed me I was un able to see the person and only see there gun.

6 minutes ago, Garrett said:

I really like how the new cartel below the salt flats looks and I'm sure it will be fun to fight once all the lag from the area gets removed.

I was in the bottom of a bi hut and I began watching the stairs because I heard foot steps but when the person rushed me I was un able to see the person and only see there gun.

Spooky.

New cartel by salt is fun to fight. Just need to get rid of that big tower and add a buy hut or something. The inside of the cartel is pretty open maybe a few more sand bags or broken vehicles/helis for cover you can push up too/defend from both inside and out. I agree NW castle is pretty OP to defend especially since the ga rigs can tank a lot of nades. 

On 2/20/2017 at 2:41 PM, Peter Long said:

Big towers are cancer regardless. Remove the North West cap on that castle and remove the big tower at salt falts. 

We will be good for sure if that happens!

I am working in building a new cartel right now that will replace the castle one. It sucks because the castle is in the perfect spot. Any changes I make from a design standpoint will have minimal impact when it comes to balance there, so for that reason I'll move it. 

As for the big tower, I'll ask the community in a poll. Other than the tower, is the salt flat cartel fun to fight? 

haven't fought there yet but looks balanced, i like the deer stand to counter the people pushing the rocks attacking, although obviously the big towers are making it hard for people to fight places considering the lag in them and everytime someone drives in with an ifrit i shoot them out from the tower so it seems kind of unfair to attackers, but ill be looking forward to everything you guys are doing keep it up im having the most fun fighting now then ever

On 2/20/2017 at 2:05 PM, Eazy1 said:

Its all of what you said. For future designs always try exclude the big tower, its just to OP and laggy af. 

Another thing, the cartel on the very north of the map. The castle, above meth lab, is to difficult to push, its way to easy to defend as there is so many highpoints that you simply cant get to without being seen/shot. Im not to sure what could be done to balance it other than to maybe add a couple deerstands on the outside for the attackers to get

There is a large amount of cover from the tower to push other parts of a cartel. If you rush the bottom and drop on the top with a heli you can do some major damage. From what I have seen lag has not been an issue but I feel tower lag may be an issue in the future as it once was. I think it could be left for now and see what happens

4 hours ago, Solomon said:

There is a large amount of cover from the tower to push other parts of a cartel. If you rush the bottom and drop on the top with a heli you can do some major damage. From what I have seen lag has not been an issue but I feel tower lag may be an issue in the future as it once was. I think it could be left for now and see what happens

No decent player would let you close to the top of a tower with a orca. 

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Would making it a destroyed tower be a worthy option? I know they don't offer much for cover but if we angle it well enough might be decent?

They are pretty glitchy tbh

I think it would be better to add something like a lighthouse if possible

(Lighthouses are glitchy, and sometimes laggy. The upside to this is that they have the height advantage, and at the same time you can be wallbanged/shot from anywhere you stand in it. So it evens itself out pretty well)