Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?

Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, TheRandomOne said:

So you mean it would help them out and potentially help eradicate incompetent players on the APD?

Make it happen @G.O.A.T.

possibly, but i doubt it would happen, doesn't seem like something sAPD would be concerned with although would be nice 

2 minutes ago, Monkeyslap53 said:

@GoatOr message goat in ts and ask him to pullout that Ghawk :D

While cops will always be at a disadvantage during federal events, there's things they can do to minimize them (tactics/teamwork). And systems can be put in place to help them out without needing to grab sr APD everytime. That will make more people not want to play cop and feel useless if the only way they can win is through sr APD hopping on

while we are on the topics of cop can we get some police to actually respond to medic calls for help when we are in danger or held hostage? last three times iv been held up there have been 13 cops on and not a single one responded, there wasnt any feds going either. medics have something in place where if we dont respond we get in trouble, or atlest message the person that no help can be given. -yes this is some grade A salt, but point stands

I'm up for PO lethals as long as we make it harder to obtain the rank of PO, and think about it... most other Altis life servers give deputies lethal assault rifles. There is no reason that PO's shouldn't get lethals but we should make the punishment for missusing them very harsh, something like a demotion to deputy and promotion back to PO held by 2 weeks, or even a removal from the force, or a forced vacation.

• Like 1
Just now, Ajax said:

I'm up for PO lethals as long as we make it harder to obtain the rank of PO, and think about it... most other Altis life servers give deputies lethal assault rifles. There is no reason that PO's shouldn't get lethals but we should make the punishment for missusing them very harsh, something like a demotion to deputy and promotion back to PO held by 2 weeks, or even a removal from the force, or a forced vacation.

I agree although I feel like this is something sAPD would not agree with, or be thinking about, but not

you never know.

12 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

while we are on the topics of cop can we get some police to actually respond to medic calls for help when we are in danger or held hostage? 

Yes it is annoying to be in danger as a medic, but it doesn't compare to the chaos that the APD have to deal with. Where one of the most annoying things on medic is getting RDM'd in Kavala, on the APD you could have your HQ camped for easily 30 minutes to an hour. 

Just because there isn't a federal event doesn't mean that the APD isn't busy. They are almost always in the middle of something. 

Another reason is generally medical calls are either in the middle of the city (where the cops are usually at), in the middle of a red zone (sometimes too far for the normal PO to respond quickly to, also a ton of medics still can't comprehend the idea that only sAPD can respond to a rebel or cartel area, so that rules out like 60% of requests), and then in the middle of no where. - the point I am getting at is that the location is usually rather inconvenient. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

while we are on the topics of cop can we get some police to actually respond to medic calls for help when we are in danger or held hostage? last three times iv been held up there have been 13 cops on and not a single one responded, there wasnt any feds going either. medics have something in place where if we dont respond we get in trouble, or atlest message the person that no help can be given. -yes this is some grade A salt, but point stands

Sorry the APD gets spammed 24/7. I dont even look at my 911 anymore unless its a terror or some shit. Too many troll kids, dont have time for that sorry mr. Medic. Its a medics job to be aware of a situation where you might be taken hostage right.. 

All i want is a 5min cd for 911.. and ill be happy. 

Cops complaining being shot and tazed is dumb

you know whats fucking dumb? 

Ghosthawks being used at any point possible

thats fucking dumb, not being shot in the back by someone who has a weapon that is less powerful than yours.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Cops complaining being shot and tazed is dumb

you know whats fucking dumb? 

Ghosthawks being used at any point possible

thats fucking dumb, not being shot in the back by someone who has a weapon that is less powerful than yours.

I know feels bad when that ghost hawk comes during the blackwater and you cant even shoot out the engine anymore.

56 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Yes it is annoying to be in danger as a medic, but it doesn't compare to the chaos that the APD have to deal with. Where one of the most annoying things on medic is getting RDM'd in Kavala, on the APD you could have your HQ camped for easily 30 minutes to an hour. 

Just because there isn't a federal event doesn't mean that the APD isn't busy. They are almost always in the middle of something. 

Another reason is generally medical calls are either in the middle of the city (where the cops are usually at), in the middle of a red zone (sometimes too far for the normal PO to respond quickly to, also a ton of medics still can't comprehend the idea that only sAPD can respond to a rebel or cartel area, so that rules out like 60% of requests), and then in the middle of no where. - the point I am getting at is that the location is usually rather inconvenient. 

I get this, but its also a problem when you get held hostage for 15 minutes only to end up getting shot in the end because cops didn't feel like actually responding to something that warrants it. and theres always 4 cops messing around in square

• Admin
1 hour ago, reno walkins said:

Just because there is no fed or bw doesn't mean they are sitting around having a campfire. Fights happen everywhere and cops can't respond to your calls. It's very rare I find myself not in a fight on cop and if I'm not I always make sure someone responds to hostage situations. Plus, if you hit your panic button across the map, by the time we get there I guarantee you are already a hostage and long gone from the location. Unfortunately it's not as easy as just making it to you when you ask.

• Like 1
Just now, Dante Fleury said:

Just because there is no fed or bw doesn't mean they are sitting around having a campfire. Fights happen everywhere and cops can't respond to your calls. It's very rare I find myself not in a fight on cop and if I'm not I always make sure someone responds to hostage situations. Plus, if you hit your panic button across the map, by the time we get there I guarantee you are already a hostage and long gone from the location. Unfortunately it's not as easy as just making it to you when you ask.

no I get that, I just mean iv been in 3 hostage situation in main towns and not once did a cop respond

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

wow cops are shit they have the same gear as that guy and lost 6v1 do you have a point??

They don't lose 6 v 1. These guys get taken in a one by one manner. For instance: I was tazed during a fed last night. I knew where the cops were taken from their voices so I cut the corner and got shot from behind by 2 people. I then take cover and start fighting with the 2 members only to be tazed from behind. 

Unfortunately it's not always avoidable. If they can take one cop per wave they are going to take over fast. Not saying cops shouldn't push on a more tactical level, but it's not always that clear cut. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dante Fleury said:

They don't lose 6 v 1. These guys get taken in a one by one manner. For instance: I was tazed during a fed last night. I knew where the cops were taken from their voices so I cut the corner and got shot from behind by 2 people. I then take cover and start fighting with the 2 members only to be tazed from behind. 

Unfortunately it's not always avoidable. If they can take one cop per wave they are going to take over fast. Not saying cops shouldn't push on a more tactical level, but it's not always that clear cut. 

dont go alone and its alot harder to be restrained cause they have to taze you all at once to restrain

• Admin
1 minute ago, Berg02 said:

dont go alone and its alot harder to be restrained cause they have to taze you all at once to restrain

Like I said, not always that clear cut. At this point we already had minimal numbers and had 2 officers (corps) taken. So my best bet was to try to push and lethal the one with the tazer and hope to God get them unrestrained. I think through time we will get better tactically with it. 

The only real issue I have with it is that feds and blackwater were already so easy as a civ. At least in my experience. Now without senior Apd on, it can easily become a cake walk. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Monkeyslap53 said:

@GoatOr message goat in ts and ask him to pullout that Ghawk :D

When you tag the wrong @G.O.A.T.

4 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

Cops being able to be tazed and restrained is bullshit, should not be allowed at all. You can outnumber cops 3:1 if you really want them to surrender, but you shouldn't be able to taze and restrain them, Taze a cop then surround him when he/she is down instead of having the ability to restrain them.

6 minutes ago, Sociopathic said:

When you tag the wrong @G.O.A.T.

Cops being able to be tazed and restrained is bullshit, should not be allowed at all. You can outnumber cops 3:1 if you really want them to surrender, but you shouldn't be able to taze and restrain them, Taze a cop then surround him when he/she is down instead of having the ability to restrain them.

no thanks there is no reason it shouldn't happen. get used to it and use better tactics. 

I think cops should be able to be restrained... I think that instead of removing things or adding more rules, change what we already have... I think a change to wave rule would be best so that if the last officer is rendered "incapacitated"- be it dead or alive and restrained- that a new wave starts. If that officer is lethaled by other officers or shot by rebels, they cannot return...  Make it so that you either capture the entire damn police force to be able to sit for 2/3 of the jail/bw/fed time, or risk them coming back... If the rebels can taze and restrain the entire police force, they deserved their free BW/Fed/Jail...

I agree that making cops sit and wait 15 minutes because our wave rule is flawed to this situation is dumb, and it should accommodate this more recently prevalent style of cheesing the fed/BW/jails.

1 minute ago, AnUrbanNoob said:

I think cops should be able to be restrained... I think that instead of removing things or adding more rules, change what we already have... I think a change to wave rule would be best so that if the last officer is rendered "incapacitated"- be it dead or alive and restrained- that a new wave starts. If that officer is lethaled by other officers or shot by rebels, they cannot return...  Make it so that you either capture the entire damn police force to be able to sit for 2/3 of the jail/bw/fed time, or risk them coming back... If the rebels can taze and restrain the entire police force, they deserved their free BW/Fed/Jail...

I agree that making cops sit and wait 15 minutes because our wave rule is flawed to this situation is dumb, and it should accommodate this more recently prevalent style of cheesing the fed/BW/jails.

What i have been doing is if an officer is tazed and restrained. You act like he is not there. At redzones (Meaning active J/Bw/fes). @G.O.A.T.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Edge said:

What i have been doing is if an officer is tazed and restrained. You act like he is not there. At redzones (Meaning active J/Bw/fes). @G.O.A.T.

That is correct edge. Confirmed it with several mods throughout the last couple days.

11 minutes ago, AnUrbanNoob said:

You're clearly not understanding the problem. Cops are allowed to go back anyway if someone gets tazed or restrained in a red zone. And they can already kill the cops in each wave so gazing them in each wave does not deserve millions of dollars, millions of dollars worth of guns or letting serial killers escape. That's dumb as shit to be honest with you. Very poorly thought out idea imo.