what?

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

For what reason would you want to hold them hostage? They are of zero value to you. You can control who medics revive, or who they respond to. You affect gameplay with them. Same with cops. How would kidnapping news team members do anything worthwhile? 

The reason why they can't is because they're essentially of no worth to any faction. It'd just be ANOTHER thing APD would have to deal with. They have zero means of defense. They could also be "caught with their pants down" easily... 3 News Team members following a story. 2 random dudes come and kidnap them. Ez. Done. Medics are constantly on the move, from call to call.. News Team won't be the same.

Whats your reasoning to wanting to kidnap them beyond another means of an ez target to clear your bounty? 

If you say its for some great RP...
 Why wouldn't you just say "Hey, news team member! I'm going to do something and want you to cover it for me. It'll have great footage for you!". How is the News Team member that you blindfold, take their communications and such going to be able to record your great endeavor...?

What he said.

counter point at one thing, medics also, cant deend themselves and has a bigger hindrance from being held, so i dont really see the reason there. and if anything a news reporter can write a article about the being held captive.

now, if i have a reporter being very annoying after i told them to leave the area would i be allowed to kill him after giving multiple chances? or would it be like the medic rule

17 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

counter point at one thing, medics also, cant deend themselves and has a bigger hindrance from being held, so i dont really see the reason there. and if anything a news reporter can write a article about the being held captive.

now, if i have a reporter being very annoying after i told them to leave the area would i be allowed to kill him after giving multiple chances? or would it be like the medic rule

You will not be able to kill News Team members, however if a News Team member is in your face and you ask him to leave and he still continues to stay in your face... that would classify as trolling and we would take action on that. 

Obviously it depends on the situation but that's what it would be like.

4 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

actually how about tazing them and removing them? then there is no loss of life

Not sure if you'll be able to taze News Team. We still have to work out some details regarding some of this kind of stuff and what features will be available at launch and what will be down the road. But if they are being "trolly" and abusing not being able to die or be taken hostage, then administrative action will be taken. Basically, we want News Team members to be respectful and act as though they could die or be taken hostage.

i just dont want a news team recording me if i told them to leave and in my face, following me around. i know it sounds b****y but dont really like the idea of my crimes being recorded with out being able to stop it.

1 hour ago, reno walkins said:

i just dont want a news team recording me if i told them to leave and in my face, following me around. i know it sounds b****y but dont really like the idea of my crimes being recorded with out being able to stop it.

If you mean crimes by server crimes, like RDM, you won't have to worry about that. 

1 hour ago, reno walkins said:

If you tell them to leave and they stay in your face and don't care for their life, they will get in trouble because they have to value their life.. But if they're following in a heli 500m in the air and you can barely see them, then they're fine. As long as they're role playing and act as though they could die or be taken hostage and take precautions so that they avoid those situations, they're doing fine in my book. 

33 minutes ago, Pledge said:

If you mean crimes by server crimes, like RDM, you won't have to worry about that. 

Kent robbing and such

24 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

If you tell them to leave and they stay in your face and don't care for their life, they will get in trouble because they have to value their life.. But if they're following in a heli 500m in the air and you can barely see them, then they're fine. As long as they're role playing and act as though they could die or be taken hostage and take precautions so that they avoid those situations, they're doing fine in my book. 

Long as that heli sound ain't bien annoying

39 minutes ago, Emad said:

News team , more textures ,more texture bug

Technically you are right, but we will have 3 total textures for 3 vehicles. For reference, APD has around 16 vehicle textures, and depending on how many uniforms are available for the seniors, upwards of 8 uniform textures. R&R has around 12 vehicle textures I think, and 6 uniform textures. Both also have a lot more objects and shit in their HQ's/Hospitals. I can tell you, the news stations have less than 40 objects split between 2 news stations.

I'm copy pasting what I said on Organdos status:

Like many have said, for the majority of people taking news team hostage would only be to help clear bounties.

With that said, if a gang "asked" me to follow them and I thought they would deliver some great RP I'd spend the next 2-3 hours "captured" by them for great footage/RP. So if that's something you're interested, let me know and we can definitely work something out.

1 hour ago, Emad said:

News team , more textures ,more texture bug

Good job on making posts relevant to the topic. +1

With that logic lets make sure to hold back on any faction textures, and just use default textures straight from Bohemia. 

Three new textures should not make that significant of a difference in the amount of texture bugs you already get.

But in all seriousness there is really no physical value to capturing a news team member except for an APD hostage negotiation. Just read what Jesse said guys.  

3 minutes ago, DABESTeva said:

Can we take news teams veichles?

No. You can not take news team vehicles or gear.

I advise you to go here, because it clearly states under equipment, that news Team members may not be robbed of their vehicles or gear.

Just now, DANGUSDEAN said:

No. You can not take news team vehicles or gear.

I advise you here, encause it clearly states under equipment, that news Team members may not be robbed of their vehicles or gear.

That's gay i was really hoping to take a news team helicopter. 

11 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Good job on making posts relevant to the topic. +1

With that logic lets make sure to hold back on any faction textures, and just use default textures straight from Bohemia. 

Three new textures should not make that significant of a difference in the amount of texture bugs you already get.

But in all seriousness there is really no physical value to capturing a news team member except for an APD hostage negotiation. Just read what Jesse said guys.  

Thanks man , it takes practice, I try to make it 100% relevant, I can give practice courses.

but 4 real can news team do drug runs 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Emad said:

Thanks man , it takes practice, I try to make it 100% relevant, I can give practice courses.

but 4 real can news team do drug runs 

Nope,they can't do civilian activities. But they can accompany civs to get a story on the drug trade on the island (think vice news)