Welcome to Olympus Entertainment

Register now to gain access to all of our features. If you don't see the verification e-mail please check your junk folder.

Hades

Our Ticket Process!?!?

So I decided to make this post to hopefully help clear up any questions or concerns you as the player may have as to how the staff handle tickets. I'll try to split up the sections but it may be a long read. So if you really want to know our process then read on, if you don't care then you probably will be one of them players who rage quits or even possibly ends up with a ban.

Player Reports 

Spoiler for Player Reports:

A player report is when you feel someone has broken a server rule. Now I say feel because many times players accuse others of breaking rules not because they actually did but just because you may feel it was unfair. While there are times a rule may feel unfair we do our best to make sure the rules keep all players on an even playing field. A single rule change can effect other rules that are in place and so when a change is made we try to think about other situations that it may effect. Now with that said if you know a player is breaking rules then we need you, the player, to submit a proper player report. What I mean by proper is making sure it has all the information we ask for, making sure that the proof is the correct type such as a 5 minute video with audio. Now if you have all the proper proof and have done the ticket correctly the staff then take a look at it. We review any comments you have made along with any proof that was submitted. We start the processes under the assumption that everything we need is there. If everything is there then we continue on and come to a decision on what should be done regarding the player who has broken a rule. We then issue whatever it is to that said player. Now we don't announce it to everyone or speak to anyone but the person who was dealt with about the matter. Even though you submitted the ticket we still won't discuss it with you. We do this out of respect for the banned player. You may ask why respect them, well some players actually do learn after a ban. We don't want there to be anymore issues then there already is so we keep it private.

Now them times when a player report is done and you feel everything is there but the staff think otherwise. Just because a video is submitted doesn't always mean it shows us everything. A simple turning of the camera may miss what happen. A muted video may not let us hear what was said so we don't know if someone said "Hey hands up or die". These are a couple of the issues we run into on a daily basis. While it might be an obvious rule break to some, to others they might go "Ummm what just happen?" We have to always make sure we are 100% before we issue a ban or it will simply cause more issues and even more work for us. When you make a player report you have to keep in mind we were not there so you need to give us all the details so we have a full understanding of what really happen. Now just because someone doesn't get a ban doesn't mean nothing is done though. We keep notes, watch players and observe if lots of tickets regarding the same player are coming in.

If you receive a reply that the name is to generic that means that there are multiple players with the same name. This also means that not enough information was given to us so we could figure out which person it actually was. While you may only see a single player on with a given name, there are lots of others that may have been on in the past with the name. This is why we need to know the date, time & server it happen on. This allows us to check the logs for that time to see which player was actually on. While multiple players can share a name there ID's are different and our logs have record of the different ID's.

So in the end make sure you have provided everything we ask for in a player report otherwise don't get upset if it is denied. If a player isn't banned don't get upset, there is a reason we didn't ban them. 

Ban Appeals

Spoiler for Ban Appeals:

Once a player has been banned they have the right to appeal it. They also have the right to see what it was that got them banned so they can in a sense defend themselves. When we issue a ban alot of times the player isn't even on the server so they don't know what got them banned. In these cases we try to explain why and if requested show them the proof. If the proof is gone then we may remove the ban if we can't remember the situation. Now this isn't because we changed ours minds. Each day we get a lots of tickets and it is pretty hard to remember each and everyone. While certain ones stick out, others we can barely remember. This is why we ask that you keep whatever proof you submitted available to us for at least a couple weeks after.

For those who appeal and get denied there are a variety of reasons why it may get denied. We do our best to explain why in a reply on the ticket. We do try to get your point of view on the matter but we also can't just go based off your word when we have clearly seen something that forced a ban to be issued. This is another part of the reason we tell players to record, it gives you something as well to defend yourself with incase a ban is issued. If you get banned for combat logging and you say "Well my Arma crashed" then take a screenshot when it crashes. It's very easy to take a screenshot when you are in a combat situation and your game crashes on you. If you won't take the time to screenshot it then we have to go by the screenshot or video we already have. If we simply took the word of each player everyone would have an excuse for breaking a rule. Another issue is when players run in groups, if you are putting all your trust into a single person and you get banned then that still falls on you. Each person should know the rules and if you don't it's better to ask then assume. Each person is responsible for there own actions even when running with a group of other players.

With that said, be sure to leave proof up so we may go back to it if we need to. If you have been banned and we deny the appeal it is because we feel you have broken a rule 100%. Also if you have put in a ban appeal DO NOT spam staff members on the forums, TS or in-game about it. We will simply ignore you and it will most likely take longer to look at.

Comp Reports

Spoiler for Comp Reports:

These are for them times when you have taken a loss due to a server side error, a player breaking rules or something of this nature. Comp is not given to players who kill themselves by doing something in there own control. If you crash your Heli into the side of a mountain because your keyboard got stuck, that is out of our control and won't be comp'd for. If the server goes down unexpectedly then we can comp for it.

When putting in for comp you have to keep in mind we once again need proof of the loss. Putting in a ticket saying "Jon Doe RDM'n me" check ur logs, isn't proof. While our logs catch alot of information they don't catch voice or the whole situation like a video does. We also have no idea when it happen or even where. We need to see firsthand what happen before we can issue comp. If your unable to provide this proof then your going to get denied. Another thing I see players try to do is lie about a loss. A player may submit a video of him getting RDM'd out of a Heli, puts in a ticket and says "My Heli was fully upgraded but I had no insurance" when in fact it did have insurance. Keep in mind we know what upgrades the Heli has, we know when it was bought, we know if there was or wasn't insurance on it. Trying to get more then your suppose to can land you a ban real quick.

Another issue is when players submits comp for housing, while we know there are currently some issues with it we still need the information to process a comp report. Just saying "my crates are gone in my house" does nothing to help. We need to know what server, the last time the crates were in the house, screenshots, ect. Again if all the information we need isn't provided then we can't comp for it.

So when it comes to comp claims, make sure you provide enough info for us. To much is better then not enough. Don't expect us to have all the info just because we have logs. There are so many things that are logged that if we don't know where to look we most likely won't look.

Faction Apps

Spoiler for Faction Apps:

These are them wonderful application you fill out to become an APD, R&R or Comms member. Many players think once they submit one they are obligated to get there interviews right away. This simply is not true. While the seniors in each role do what they can to get interviews done they may not always be able to. If you don't have patience for an interview how are they to know you have any patience in the game. Also just because staff members are on does not mean they do interviews. I myself get multiple messages each day asking me to interview them because I'm the Head Admin. Just because I'm the head admin does not mean I do them interviews. They are left to the appropriate senior members of that role. So please don't spam the staff members asking them to do interviews if they are not even tagged for the role. You are welcome to send a message to a person of the correct role if you have waited a long time or the times don't work but don't spam them. You will most likely get blacklisted and never be able to join that role.

Another issue is not including all the info or just leaving 1 liners in the application. This is a RP server and each factions relies on heavy roleplay. If your can't show interest in Rp in your ticket them it's hard to know if you have it in-game. Now I'm not saying you need to make a huge story but add some details about why you want to play that role. What makes your RP different from others? Things such as this stick out to the people who look over the applications.

With that, when it comes to applications have some patience. The seniors get alot of apps each day and they have to go through each of them. Just because they don't get to yours that day doesn't mean they won't the next day. Don't spam anyone asking for interviews. When they start then join and handle it like every other person. If the times don't work send a short message asking if a different time can be setup for you. When making applications put some effort into them. Don't just do the bare basics as it shows laziness. Whitelisted roles need to be good at RP and if the first impression is you don't care then things most likely won't work out for you in that role.

In the end no matter what type of ticket you put in please have some patience. We will get to your ticket but some tickets take longer then others. If we don't have all the information we need then don't get upset if the ticket is declined. We have plenty of forums posts as well as a FAQ page that explains what is needed for us to process a ticket. If you choose not to read it or not provide everything we state we need then it is not our fault. To those who follow the requirements, Thank you. When we have the proper info it makes it much easier to get through the tickets so we can deal with other matters that we are needed for.

4 people like this

Thank you for clarifying the issues I was having. This helps and is greatly appreciated.

Every ticket I have ever put in from a "player report" to a "comp report" was taken care of and I am very thankful to the staff for this. Keep up the great work Hades and the rest of the Olympus staff!!

Generally my tickets are responded to in a timely matter, some an hour after it's submitted. My only complaint is when you submit a player report and we get told the name is to generic or can't be found in the database. Not sure what the cause of that is tho. 

I'm pretty happy with my ticket feedbacks on Player Reports. Sometimes they get denied and I'm just like "Ugh damn it wtfBBQsauce!" but it's their decision in the end and I can't judge their use of the ban-hammer as i don't know the burden the great wielders of Mjolnir hold.

Also, people don't realize how active all of our admins and moderators are. Every single time I get on the forums, one of the admins/moderators are on, which means they are probably looking at tickets. People don't know how much time they actually give to this family to make it what it is. You also have to think, these guys spend more time fixing server issues, fixing cry babies, fixing complaints, fixing bugs, etc than they do play. Remember that.

Generally my tickets are responded to in a timely matter, some an hour after it's submitted. My only complaint is when you submit a player report and we get told the name is to generic or can't be found in the database. Not sure what the cause of that is tho. 

The reason for this is say you put in a report saying John RDM'd me. If you don't include the correct time, date & server then we can't get the info regarding that specific "John". There are many John's that have joined the server at one point of another. Our Database keeps track of them as well as our logs. We have to look through the logs then to verify which John it was. Each server has it's own set of logs as well. Each log then contains multiple types of info depending on the log itself. Basically in the end we have to know the details and if we don't we can't be sure of the correct "John" and in turn it means the name is generic or that multiple players use that name.

The reason for this is say you put in a report saying John RDM'd me. If you don't include the correct time, date & server then we can't get the info regarding that specific "John". There are many John's that have joined the server at one point of another. Our Database keeps track of them as well as our logs. We have to look through the logs then to verify which John it was. Each server has it's own set of logs as well. Each log then contains multiple types of info depending on the log itself. Basically in the end we have to know the details and if we don't we can't be sure of the correct "John" and in turn it means the name is generic or that multiple players use that name.

Whenever I submit a ticket I have the correct time. Is it possible that there are two of the same players on the server you can't tell which one got the kill?

Whenever I submit a ticket I have the correct time. Is it possible that there are two of the same players on the server you can't tell which one got the kill?

Each person has a unique ID along with there name. We have multiple tools we use for checking things, again if the info isn't correct on your end then we can't be sure. Say there is 2 Johns on the server one will be logged as John and the other John (2). In some cases we have to dig a bit more meaning we have to check the logs, not every staff member has access to the logs so sometimes they may not have the info. I've started telling the other staff if they are unable to find the info then to just send the ticket my way and in most cases I can then get the info. Again date, time and server are important when we have to dig into more.

Each person has a unique ID along with there name. We have multiple tools we use for checking things, again if the info isn't correct on your end then we can't be sure. Say there is 2 Johns on the server one will be logged as John and the other John (2). In some cases we have to dig a bit more meaning we have to check the logs, not every staff member has access to the logs so sometimes they may not have the info. I've started telling the other staff if they are unable to find the info then to just send the ticket my way and in most cases I can then get the info. Again date, time and server are important when we have to dig into more.

I assume the general time would be fine tho to? In most cases I get rdm'ed and i report it but the time could be 5 mins off (either early or late). Do the staff check for that exact time or just generally around that time? 

We check the timeframe as in give or take a few minutes. It really depends on who is doing the ticket and what they have access to at that time. Moderators don't have access to the logs so when they look up info they can only do it through the RCON tool. The RCON tool doesn't give all the info such as if a person was logged in an a specific time. In this case they may reply stating the name is to generic because from what they see it is. In the future they will have less of an issue as they will just forward the ticket to an admin for review.

10/10 This is gonna make life so much easier, thanks for putting time into something like this Hades, Can I haz APD M-9 back naow? 

I'm not complaining about patience, but in general how long does it take? How long before a player should start to question it?

We usually can get tickets done within a couple day max but there are times when we get pretty backed up. If you have a ticket that has been open for over a week then you are welcome to send a PM to me about it and I'll try to get to it. Again though don't pester about it, others may be waiting just as you are.

Is there a way to look up your past tickets? I don't have the ticket numbers or any emails

Is there a way to look up your past tickets? I don't have the ticket numbers or any emails

Without the ticket number/emails your best bet is to get a staff member to look them up.

Without the ticket number/emails your best bet is to get a staff member to look them up.

if im not mistaken some time back you used to be able to get EVERY ticket you made sent to your e-mail with ticket numbers and dirrect link. and from what ive seen thats not a thing anymore. so as you said, asking a staff member about tickets youve made would probably be the best solution. unless you know youve gotten a response on one of them and go through your entire email to find it. i myself have 10k + emails from olympus so im not going though all of them for a ticket number lol.

1 person likes this

if im not mistaken some time back you used to be able to get EVERY ticket you made sent to your e-mail with ticket numbers and dirrect link. and from what ive seen thats not a thing anymore. so as you said, asking a staff member about tickets youve made would probably be the best solution. unless you know youve gotten a response on one of them and go through your entire email to find it. i myself have 10k + emails from olympus so im not going though all of them for a ticket number lol.

Some emails offer an advanced search in your inbox so u can search sender and what your looking for Ex: A Response On Your Ticket or whatever the email that gets sent to you gets titled.

I sent you a PM thomas with the info.

I sent you a PM thomas with the info.

All hail lord Hades!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that feature disappeared after the new ticket system was introduced.