Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Whenever I record (shadowplay) it doesn't capture in game audio

• Admin

I've tried everything and I still can't get it to capture in-game audio. Which is actually activated on the settings. If I eliminate the option of capturing in-game audio surprisingly I can capture in-game audio but not my MIC. If I have the option turned on, my MIC sound is captured but not the in-game sound. 

Any pointers? 

These are my settings, it is as simple as ticking "Record ingame audio and microphone"

c3c470c7b146cca5e7b5ad1c3399fa81.png

Ensure that your microphone is not on push to talk, unless that's what you're going for then familiarise yourself with the needed keybind.

• Admin

Yeah. I have that setting on. And yes. My TS settings are Push to talk. I mean. How else would I have it? If I don't have it like that I can't record both MIC and in-game audio?

What happens is that in the in game audio people's voices are noticeable but with lots of static. 

Yeah. I have that setting on. And yes. My TS settings are Push to talk. I mean. How else would I have it? If I don't have it like that I can't record both MIC and in-game audio?

What happens is that in the in game audio people's voices are noticeable but with lots of static. 

That's not the issue you provided me with initially, in post #1 you said you can't record one without the other. I did not mean push to talk on Teamspeak (And you can have Voice Activation as an alternative, js) but the one with Shadowplay, referencing image below I got mine set to push to talk with it being activated by the tilde key.

780628f2d9c80c683abfbe6d98eb891e.png

To respond to your new issue, I remember having that problem once. I google'd around and found the same website that I used previously and managed to find a fix that worked for me:

e140c97ff46176d58a1b67ae19029afd.png

• Admin

That's not the issue you provided me with initially, in post #1 you said you can't record one without the other. I did not mean push to talk on Teamspeak (And you can have Voice Activation as an alternative, js) but the one with Shadowplay, referencing image below I got mine set to push to talk with it being activated by the tilde key.

780628f2d9c80c683abfbe6d98eb891e.png

To respond to your new issue, I remember having that problem once. I google'd around and found the same website that I used previously and managed to find a fix that worked for me:

e140c97ff46176d58a1b67ae19029afd.png

Thanks man!. I'll try it as soon as I get home tonight.  And yes, I have the same sound chip. I just have the integrated soundcard that came with my mobo. 

Thanks man!. I'll try it as soon as I get home tonight.  And yes, I have the same sound chip. I just have the integrated soundcard that came with my mobo. 

Let me know if it worked, if not I'll dig around the internet more once you update me.

• Like 1
  • Admin

Will do man. I'm usually real good at troubleshooting. But by the time I get home after work all I want to do is have dinner and play Arma. Don't have the energies to start troubleshooting. So thanks again. 

• Admin

Let me know if it worked, if not I'll dig around the internet more once you update me.

Hey man.  I tried it out.  Still have the same problem. I already had the setting like that.  My headset is USB powered but also connect through the Microphone IN input and Audio out inputs.  I don't know if this might be the issue. 

Hey man.  I tried it out.  Still have the same problem. I already had the setting like that.  My headset is USB powered but also connect through the Microphone IN input and Audio out inputs.  I don't know if this might be the issue. 

And this is why I use OBS its way better if u know how to set it up right

No.  I do not have that.  It's fixed now.  Thanks everyone for the input.  

not being rude, but seriously after reading all this would you not like to share your fix? Lol

hate it when people just say I fixed it but don't share 

If you have a virtual audio cable for a TS music bot or sound board, you must get rid of the virtual audio cable. The same thing happened to me.

what do you mean virtual audio cable?

• Like 1
  • Admin

not being rude, but seriously after reading all this would you not like to share your fix? Lol

hate it when people just say I fixed it but don't share 

what do you mean virtual audio cable

Sorry MadJim.  Well I have an Asus Maximus VII hero board.  I went back to my onboard audio SupremeFX settings and just made sure I had them as Konkz mentioned before.  I just reselected everything and made sure I had HEADPHONES chosen.  It just started working again.  I'll take screenshots of my setup  when I get home in the afternoon and gladly share them.  

Edited by Bubbaloo