Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

! READ ! Quick warning to all

RIP 3500$ #neverforget

I got scammed a couple months ago by clicking a link like that, and if on your steam you have it so that you need to email confirm that your wanting to trade then you can file a report to steam and show that you never got a email confirmation about it and they can track where they went to and get them back, i ended up getting all my skins back within the week! Its worth a try

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most people don't take these things seriously. I was phished before by a group of Turkish guys on CS:GO. A very clever tactic that pulled. Resulted in me losing about $200. Of course Steam has implemented ways to prevent this from happening by adding a "email confirm" option on sending trades. But what they were too idiotic (sorry Steam ;-;) to add is an email confirmation on market transactions. All the hackers had to do was sell all my stuff for super cheap so that I would have no time what so ever to react to it, use all the money they got from selling my stuff, and bought, out of all fucking things, a Well-Worn Sand Dune MAG-7 for $96. Don't let this shit happen to you. And if you slip like I did (I had knowledge of phishing at this time too but I messed up horribly), please first report the person on Steam and Steamrep (have your friends help you out too with the reports), and make a ticket on Steam support that you got phished. They will return all of your items but it is only a one-time deal. So use this with discretion. Also, another big thing is PayPal. I got scammed through that too. I had no knowledge of PayPal and a person that made themselves a close, trustworthy friend to me, exploited this fact and "went first" but with a different form of payment, that would automatically go through when he paid on the trade. Of course I was super lucky and only gave him my CS:GO knife and not my keys too but it was still an extensive amount of money that I lost. So here is another tip, don't do PayPal trades with people without legitimate reputation (a +rep comment on their Steam profile does not count whatsoever), the person buying going first, and being payed the proper way, a business transaction. Avoid PayPal as much as you can anyways honestly. Oh and also, set up a rule on your profile description that states that someone has to comment before they add you. This works SO well and will prevent you from adding hundreds of phishing bots.

Oh, and also, Steam Guard and email confirmation doesn't always work. If you are logged into steam and you are phished, it will most likely give them access to your Steam and they can do things through your computer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2015 at 5:33 AM, Corporal_moob said:

You will confirmed lose all your skins... And you're credit card details will probably be sold to Korean Gangsters.

Hey man, your really messing up my cash flow, us Korean Gangsters are a unique organization.... You can't go around messing with our only source of income like this...

• 3 weeks later...

As long as your Email password is different from your Steam password (and you have Steam Guard) you'll be fine. Just going to a website will not get you infected with a virus.

Also good rule-of-thumb is to never save your info with Steam. I also use PayPal instead of my CC with Steam just incase.