Upcoming Features Teaser

Watch in HD so you can read shit on my small ass monitor. Also, these features are in extremely early stages. The final product will most likely not look very much like this, but it's good to start some hype. Major amounts of credit also go to @Poseidon for doing most of the server side and UI shtuff.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, Lucki said:

-1 for using Adele.

+1 for creating something that allows us to create our own economy.

+1 to avoid getting neg rep from others.

Total: +1

(I'm still going to get neg rep for this anyway, most likely, LOL)

The original song itself sucks, but I'm a Proximity fanboy and that remix just came out today on their channel, and I was like, yes.

+1 for auction idea
Wouldn't it be hard to keep up with when the server is having issues? I feel like it might have issues with getting items from one player to another, then the wiring of the money, and the bidding in general.

10 minutes ago, Phizx said:

+1 for auction idea
Wouldn't it be hard to keep up with when the server is having issues? I feel like it might have issues with getting items from one player to another, then the wiring of the money, and the bidding in general.

Queries and handling of data don't take as long as people think. In fact they're almost instant. The thing that takes so long is the thing to ensure no one is trying to glitch or exploit the system. Also, server performance is really good right now, so that's not really a problem.

27 minutes ago, Phizx said:

Yeah exploiting the system is one thing but it would be quite annoying if my bid went out into thin air once someone outbid me instead of it coming back to my bank account (for example).

In this system, when you are outbidded, your money will likely come back to you in the form of a deposit, using the system you see near the end of the video. It won't matter whether you are online or offline.

Just now, Grandma Gary said:

You made a typo on the internet and I was doing the right thing and pointing it out for others to see.

Thank me later. <3

20 minutes ago, djwolf said:

In this system, when you are sniped, your money will likely come back to you in the form of a deposit, using the system you see near the end of the video. It won't matter whether you are online or offline.

I see otherwise :Kappa:

• Head Admin
24 minutes ago, djwolf said:

In this system, when you are outbidded, your money will likely come back to you in the form of a deposit, using the system you see near the end of the video. It won't matter whether you are online or offline.

I broke the website doing this but it was worth it!

Holy shit, an auction house nice. My compensation list will be so fucking huge. I have way too many helicopters blowing up on me.

Will there be some kind of escrow service where people can put a house for sale at a minimum value and whoever wins the bid is automatically made the owner to stop people scamming other people?

Can't wait to start Bows auction house of fucked up hatchback sports :)

Also, get Ares to record on his 5760x1080 resolution then we can have a video of both extremes

Edited by Bow

this looks really cool, but what would it be useful for? there aren't many unique items in the game. What comes to mind are police items but that's really it. 

(if we had an arms dealer type cartel where you could get discounted weapons, then that gang could sell those discounted weapons on the auction house. just throwing ideas out there)

anyone else have ideas?

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, grizzlybear said:

this looks really cool, but what would it be useful for? there aren't many unique items in the game. What comes to mind are police items but that's really it. 

(if we had an arms dealer type cartel where you could get discounted weapons, then that gang could sell those discounted weapons on the auction house. just throwing ideas out there)

anyone else have ideas?

If you had a Katiba for doing runs then decided after the run you wanted to get a MK18 to go fight you could just through the katiba on the auction house so you dont lose a lot of money

1 hour ago, grizzlybear said:

anyone else have ideas?

I second this idea, discounted weapons could be bought by gang members and then sold on for cheaper prices to people who don't own the cartel.

Possibly an extension to this idea would be, the longer a gang holds the arms dealer cartel, the cheaper items become (until a lowest price is reached, example 70k for an MK18 as lowest price if cartel is held for 12 hours straight or something).

2 hours ago, grizzlybear said:

anyone else have ideas?

Are you kidding? I'm gonna be selling huge lots of lithium and phosphorus.