Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Upcoming Features Teaser

I have an idea that could possibly be incorporated into later updates. Basically I think that a loan system should be incorporated in the server. People are always asking to borrow money so that they can do a run or buy something in order to play. Using a simple equation such as X = A( 1 + B ) . X would be the final amount due, A would be the initial amount, B would be the interest rate [percentage represented in decimal values], and T would be the amount of time [which could be represented in days, and using decimals for hours]. So you could make a UI that allows the user to enter how much money they want to loan someone, the interest if they want interest on it, and the max amount of days before it has to be payed (just in case they decide to never pay it, in which it can be taken back from their bank). It can be a similar system to giving taxi fares, in which one player can send it to someone, and the person it is sent to can either accept or decline it.

Example:

"Can I have a small loan of a million dollars?" [7% daily interest]

X=1000000( 1 + 0.07 )

The loan is payed within 3 days ( ᵡ = 3 ), therefore the final payment received back would be $1,225,043.

$1,225,043=$1,000,000( 1.07 )3

This system would help legitimatize giving out money to help out people with no money in their bank, and would diminish a fear of being scammed. 

1 hour ago, Linka said:

look up proximity on yt, from what DJ said one can only assume it's super recent ^^

Proximity had to take it down due to copyright issues.

On 2/7/2016 at 11:51 PM, Hoot said:

Hey Wolf, you got a link for the Remix I was listening to for this video, was digging it.

Just search for Adele - Hello Absense remix and you will stumble across it. I would download it as soon as you can though, they're all being taken down.

On 2/8/2016 at 2:52 PM, Hex said:

I have an idea that could possibly be incorporated into later updates. Basically I think that a loan system should be incorporated in the server. People are always asking to borrow money so that they can do a run or buy something in order to play. Using a simple equation such as X = A( 1 + B ) . X would be the final amount due, A would be the initial amount, B would be the interest rate [percentage represented in decimal values], and T would be the amount of time [which could be represented in days, and using decimals for hours]. So you could make a UI that allows the user to enter how much money they want to loan someone, the interest if they want interest on it, and the max amount of days before it has to be payed (just in case they decide to never pay it, in which it can be taken back from their bank). It can be a similar system to giving taxi fares, in which one player can send it to someone, and the person it is sent to can either accept or decline it.

Example:

X=1000000( 1 + 0.07 )

The loan is payed within 3 days ( ᵡ = 3 ), therefore the final payment received back would be $1,225,043.

This system would help legitimatize giving out money to help out people with no money in their bank, and would diminish a fear of being scammed. 

This is not the place to do this. Please use the suggestions board instead.

• 11 months later...
On February 8, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Lacroix said:

Example:

X=1000000( 1 + 0.07 )

My head hurts, honestly doesn't take much to confuse the hell out of me. What is math?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...