Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

In my opinion i would make it where you can buy multiple to use on one person so that way if his timer is almost up you can continue to epi-pen him so his timer will reset but if his timer runs out then he is dead for good. The time wouldn't stack either so say a person has 43 seconds left on his timer someone can epi-pen him to reset back to 5 minutes to keep him alive. Also will there be a timer somewhere on the screen so we know exactly how long we have to live?

An Epi-Pen is used for an allergic reaction not a fucking bullet wound. Terrible idea tbh, why can't we just have defibs and make it so when you get revived you can't be defibed again for 10 minutes  (medics are able to revive you though) and you only get a little amount of health when you get revived? Everyone is asking for defibs, not epi-pens. Is it that hard to listen to your community? I haven't seen anyone ask for an Epi-Pen.

• Downvote 4
30 minutes ago, FuzyDice said:

An Epi-Pen is used for an allergic reaction not a fucking bullet wound.

While I agree that a bullet wound would take more than Epinephrine to permanently fix, that is why it only gives you a 5 minute timer. Epinephrine (aka adrenaline) is a drug that "plays an important role in the fight-or-flight response by increasing blood flow to muscles, output of the heart, pupil dilation, and blood sugar." In essence, the idea is that it's letting your body shoulder the traumatic effects of being shot for a couple minutes while you try to get to a hospital for treatment. Your body would be producing adrenaline on its own at the time for this exact reason. That being said, you would probably need a large shot. A standard epi-pen for allergic reactions / asthma would not be enough to help, but this is Altis. Of course this probably wouldn't be used in real life, but the concept itself is not complete insanity.

Edited by DoctorK
6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Epi pens is only what peter wants.

Wrong. It's the compromise.

The point of it is if you use it in a fight you'll get to fight for 5 more minutes and make some plays (Unless you get shot again, of course). Or you can use it after the fight and get revived.

Even if during transport you don't make it to the hospital then your dead body is in a vehicle, so you just request revive.

Btw we switched up the prices based on Muthinator's idea. I think it's 15-20k for an epi-pen and then to get a dopamine shot you either buy it from the medic for 10k or buy it at a hospital for 30k. (something like that)

So you still save money on your loadout at the end of the day, it's not pointless at all it's like one-third to one-half of your loadout cost. Hell all you gotta do to make sure you get revived is get into the passenger seat of any vehicle. Even if you don't make it you can still get taken to a medic. It's a great way to include medics and still give you guys the option to use this in a fight/pick up your guys after a fight.

Deal with it, you're not getting defibs. You're getting epi-pens. We feel like it's the best middle ground. It's obviously going to be more expensive than a medic. If it saves you money on your loadout it's almost always worth it if a medic isn't available or if you just don't want to wait on one.

Ok I actually like this idea but....  Have to agree 5mins seems rather short, take this as an example. Fighting a pyrgos rebal ( I think the furthest one from any hospital ) weather your defending or attacking there's no way your gunna get to a medic or hospital within 5mins, I could suggest either increase the time limit on being alive or add a few more hospitals around the map or even small shops designed as a health clinic much like the town clinics but these ones would be outside and they only offer the dopamine shot? 

I just feel that 5mins in most areas where fights are common is not long enough 

7 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

Ok I actually like this idea but....  Have to agree 5mins seems rather short, take this as an example. Fighting a pyrgos rebal ( I think the furthest one from any hospital ) weather your defending or attacking there's no way your gunna get to a medic or hospital within 5mins, I could suggest either increase the time limit on being alive or add a few more hospitals around the map or even small shops designed as a health clinic much like the town clinics but these ones would be outside and they only offer the dopamine shot? 

I just feel that 5mins in most areas where fights are common is not long enough 

I think that making it back before the 5 minutes expires isn't meant to be thought of as a requirement when using epi-pens. Sure you will die again, but the 5 minutes is really meant to be used to get you to a vehicle at least, which then allows your friends to transport you to a medic for revive. In essence, epi-pens are really just being put in to make death a little more flexible, and with some effort, avoidable. It also keeps medics involved. So like many have said, it's a happy medium between defibs and nothing.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Muthinator said:

I made a suggestion to Peter that goes as such:

Epi-Pen $15k - $20k

Dopamine shot via medic - $10k

Dopamine shot via Hospital - $20k - $30k

The risk vs reward is there but it makes it cheaper on the front end where the risk is.  It also makes it more cost effective to get your shot from a medic.  Peter will likely amend the post to whatever he comes up with but I figured I would make mention to the proposed change before the focal point becomes the cost.

aye my boy muthinator getting positive rep

• Like 2

@FuzyDice  Instead of saying that my idea is stupid and that I don't listen to my community how about you sit your little butt down and take a listen. All I do on a daily basis is listen to my community. I listen to every bitch and gripe, every complaint, every player report, ban appeal, and comp request. I handle (with the staff) every frigging one of your issues so that as a community you can have a good time here. You all bitched and moaned about wanting another way to get revived. I gave you one that also took into consideration the R&R and APD, which are a huge part of this community. You are being an idiot. If you don't like it, don't use it. Just keep complaining in side chat about how useless medics are. Other people who have dissenting opinions at least present thier ideas. Your posts are frankly useless.

Smashed. /rant

• Like 9
8 hours ago, FuzyDice said:

An Epi-Pen is used for an allergic reaction not a fucking bullet wound. Terrible idea tbh, why can't we just have defibs and make it so when you get revived you can't be defibed again for 10 minutes  (medics are able to revive you though) and you only get a little amount of health when you get revived? Everyone is asking for defibs, not epi-pens. Is it that hard to listen to your community? I haven't seen anyone ask for an Epi-Pen.

Defibs heal bullet wounds? I didn't know that. Epinephrine is adrenaline if you didnt know and it isn't just used for allergic reactions, its also used to restart people hearts. Do they heal bullet wounds? No, but this is a game. We do listen to the community but the community doesn't always know what's best for the server. We came up with a good middle ground. It's better this than nothing. Obviously things will be tweaked if this doesn't work out. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Rusty said:

If you are going to make these epi pens then make it like defibs at least, make it cost like 20-30k and make it so you can use it as much times as you want, and the person you revive will be on 75hp until he gets a heal and you will have a 10 minute cool down, and so will the person who just got revived, he cannot revive anyone else for 10 minutes, Not everyone is going to buy it so the medics will still have something to do. Also make it so cops have it too, Everyone I have asked about this epi pen thing just laugh's at it and doesn't like it. I don't understand why its so hard to add defibs in, there is a reason why asylum as a lot of players on all 5 of there servers. One of them is defibs, Ask anyone.

Also can we get the ifrit doors back too at least, its a stupid idea and makes fight so awkward because you cannot jump out on people. And everyone but djwolf doesn't like it neither. even admins/mods and all of the rebels too.

I'm good with the ifrit doors being reverted but that's something for a different thread.

I guess if everyone you asked doesn't like it they don't have to use them or they can go somewhere else.

We aren't Asylum and we're not going to mirror them either.

13 minutes ago, McDili said:

I'm good with the ifrit doors being reverted but that's something for a different thread.

I guess if everyone you asked doesn't like it they don't have to use them or they can go somewhere else.

We aren't Asylum and we're not going to mirror them either.

Asylum spooks me bc I'm really bad

I just had an idea, but before I say what it is, let me remind people that death, weather in game or in real life, is inconvenient! People are complaining that epi-pens are an unrealistic way to bring someone to life, but so is every other way! You want realism? Then we should build a university and anyone who wants a defib would have to attend years of education in altis, and would have to transport the body to an operating room before attempting to revive someone.
Buy anyway, my idea/thought was, would it be possible to make it so that people can put dead bodies in their vehicles and then transport the bodies to medics? It would probably be most ideal if only gang or group members were able to do this to avoid people taking dead bodies and putting them where medics can't access them. But this way, if for example someone died in a red zone, then gang members could go and put the body in a car and bring it to town. I dont know if this would be possible though. Any thoughts?

• Like 4
Guest G.O.A.T.
8 hours ago, Rusty said:

If you are going to make these epi pens then make it like defibs at least, make it cost like 20-30k and make it so you can use it as much times as you want, and the person you revive will be on 75hp until he gets a heal and you will have a 10 minute cool down, and so will the person who just got revived, he cannot revive anyone else for 10 minutes, Not everyone is going to buy it so the medics will still have something to do. Also make it so cops have it too, Everyone I have asked about this epi pen thing just laugh's at it and doesn't like it. I don't understand why its so hard to add defibs in, there is a reason why asylum as a lot of players on all 5 of there servers. One of them is defibs, Ask anyone.

Also can we get the ifrit doors back too at least, its a stupid idea and makes fight so awkward because you cannot jump out on people. And everyone but djwolf doesn't like it neither. even admins/mods and all of the rebels too.

If you want things Asylum has so badly, go and play over there. I don't think the majority of people here want the cancer that asylum brings, nor do we want the 'z9rg' mentality that defibs bring. I think what ha been presented is a pretty decent compromise, but you aren't willing to budge from your 'I want Olympus to be Asylum' mentality.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Olympus frames are 10x better, would rather not. just don't understand how many players would come to olympus if that happens.

I have a cat named Rusty and his main life goal is complaining as well, you'd get along quite well. :P

jk

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a more serious level, Epi-Pens, even by name are unique to Olympus if we have them. Just copying something from another server would really pull down on server pride maybe. I'm probably just being too deep into this but I'd rather say, "eff you! We have ____ that is so much cooler/unique."  rather than just having what someone else modded. I don't know/care about how we do this, what is implemented, or what it does. Just as long as we can tell people to eff off when we want to. Cause why not? :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One minor suggestion to this would be the ability to tug someone behind a barrier or something. If someone died while peaking the side of a hex barrier, their body would be left in the open unless the multiple shooters are neutralized. Being able to scoot out and pull him in before being shot would improve the epi pen a lot maybe.

This is just based on my understanding that epi-pens are to be used during a fight more's the like than just trying to secure a medic after a fight.

It'd also help if me deputy squad dies next to me just outside of the cover of my vehicle, and I can pull him back into cover. This tugging feature is unique to invade and annex though, so it's all up in the air again.