Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

1 hour ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Stopped after the fight by the dead civs on the ground. Kay.

I get what you're trying to say though, but I hate the item in general as of now. I think it's useless for most combat/gang oriented things.

Uh, no I mean stopped by whatever else they happen to be dealing with wherever they are on the map. If they get taken hostage by a different group and can't make it to you in time, for instance.

The thing is, Defibs aren't interesting. They're a no brainer. You'd use it in every single situation that you could use them in because there's no reason not too.

We don't like that, it's too easy for our tastes. Faction balance aside, defibs are a thing that you would bring to every single situation because in every situation its worth it if you get to use it.

We don't want something that nets you a positive gain out of every single situation.

Not only that but defibs make the "Zerging" tactic more effective and make it more of a numbers game. It encourages rush tactics and careless defense. That isn't what we want, we would rather you actually worry about dying.

The other thing is, death is meant to be a consequence. The design of it all is that if you die you either respawn and buy a new loadout or you request a medic and wait some time. You might get back in the fight, you might not. The point of it is that you pay a small financial price and a little bit of time to get back up and it nullifies NLR. Overall medics cost you less money and sometimes it costs you less time. Obviously, some civs can take advantage of this and cost you longer wait times (I.e.- telling medics not to revive you) and inevitably lead to you respawning anyway which leads to a lot of wasted time.

Our solution to that was Epi-Pens. But Epi-Pens aren't a cure-all and it isn't meant to be. You essentially get two options. You either get back up in the fight and try to make an impact on it for the next 5 minutes and die again, or you can potentially negate the wait time of a medic.

Both options costs someone money, naturally. Even if you get back up in the fight and win it, you can spend the last precious bit of time to get in the passenger seat of a vehicle and be taken to a medic. But the point of it, is that there's a risk involved. You only get a short time, so you have to use it wisely. 

At the end of the day, epi-pens aren't always going to be worth it. And that's exactly what we wanted.

3 hours ago, McDili said:

I get it, but it's something you will probably never see me pick up.

Only reason you'll ever see it in my inventory is if it gets buffed or one of my guys dies at rebel for some reason, other than that, no way. It's just not worth it.

The whole situational thing is cool in theory, but when it comes down to whether it is worth or not, most of the situations it's used for usually never happen, making it, usually, a waste of money.

Edited by Vanilla Coke

I get it, but it's something you will probably never see me pick up.

Only reason you'll ever see it in my inventory is if it gets buffed or one of my guys dies at rebel for some reason, other than that, no way. It's just not worth it.

The whole situational thing is cool in theory, but when it comes down to whether it is worth or not, most of the situations it's used for usually never happen, making it, usually, a waste of money.

We're aware people think it's not that good.

Many said medics were useless, yet the same fellas bitched and moaned when someone used medics against them. Instead of realizing medics were actually useful to have, they complained that they shouldn't be in the game or shouldn't be able to do what they do when in reality they could have used them just the same to benefit themselves.

This is exactly what I expect to happen with Epi Pens.

12 hours ago, McDili said:

We're aware people think it's not that good.

Many said medics were useless, yet the same fellas bitched and moaned when someone used medics against them. Instead of realizing medics were actually useful to have, they complained that they shouldn't be in the game or shouldn't be able to do what they do when in reality they could have used them just the same to benefit themselves.

This is exactly what I expect to happen with Epi Pens.

On the topic of medics, they're useless because people are dicks to them all the time, no one likes being bossed around, so just let them be.

Again, good idea but a couple changes could put this thing in my inventory 80-100% of the time. The death after 5 minutes is really a put-off, a change to 10 minutes will make it more viable, for me at least.

Just a small change like that is enough for a player like me to invest in it.

Edited by Vanilla Coke

On the topic of medics, they're useless because people are dicks to them all the time, no one likes being bossed around, so just let them be.

Again, good idea but a couple changes could put this thing in my inventory 80-100% of the time. The death after 5 minutes is really a put-off, a change to 10 minutes will make it more viable, for me at least.

Just a small change like that is enough for a player like me to invest in it.

Yeah the time limit has been the most criticized part of it, as always after it actually becomes a thing it can still change. I believe we want to wait and see actual in-game examples of it to decide if its good or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My only question is when you get the epi pen revival , are you fatigued whilst getting up? Are you in full list standing stance? Epi pens seem like a cool fast way for a last Stand,  so I'd you got up slow or fully it might be rather useless

1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

My only question is when you get the epi pen revival , are you fatigued whilst getting up? Are you in full list standing stance? Epi pens seem like a cool fast way for a last Stand,  so I'd you got up slow or fully it might be rather useless

Epi pens don't have any negative effects beyond the 5 minutes you have to get to a hospital to get dopamine to stop you from dying.

You are revived at 100HP and have no negative effects towards fatigue. You just have to use your 5 minutes wisely. Whether that's having a second chance at beating your enemy or just the convenience of getting up and going to a hospital without waiting on a medic, and in rare cases both. 

5 minutes ago, McDili said:

Epi pens don't have any negative effects beyond the 5 minutes you have to get to a hospital to get dopamine to stop you from dying.

You are revived at 100HP and have no negative effects towards fatigue. You just have to use your 5 minutes wisely. Whether that's having a second chance at beating your enemy or just the convenience of getting up and going to a hospital without waiting on a medic, and in rare cases both. 

Sounds pretty dope, ever thought of adding in maybe an item to extend the timer and make it expensive?

X name pill , costs 15k adds 1.5 minutes on to your life time before your heart explodes.

Allows players at a cartel to have a little bit longer life span like they want but essentially at a cost of another load out which is the point of the deaths penalty anyways. This item of course would be stackable and weigh 10 space each 

Edited by Sugarfoot
5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Sounds pretty dope, ever thought of adding in maybe an item to extend the timer and make it expensive?

X name pill , costs 15k adds 1.5 minutes on to your life time before your heart explodes.

Allows players at a cartel to have a little bit longer life span like they want but essentially at a cost of another load out which is the point of the deaths penalty anyways. This item of course would be stackable and weigh 10 space each 

Yeah. It wouldn't add too much time, but it would add enough to extend your time without being too OP. Good idea.

• Like 1
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Allows players at a cartel to have a little bit longer life span like they want but essentially at a cost of another load out which is the point of the deaths penalty anyways

It's possible, we may just tweak the times later too. It's going to be implemented first, if it has issues we can always tweak it.

Not sure if you're super familiar with our loadout prices but generally a competitive loadout is between 150-200k. Epi pen is sold at hospitals for 15k. Dopamine is also 15k(I believe). But the cost is split between the player that buys the epi pen and uses it on his fallen comrade and then the one who gets revived and has to spend 15k for the dopamine. Alternatively, you can receive dopamine from medics for free.

I have personally tested the Epi pens from Meth cartel, which is the southwestern most cartel farthest away from a hospital. Best viable hospital from there is Pyrgos (Because kavala is littered with vigis) and getting revived at meth cartel, hopping in an orca and spooling up, I arrived at the Pyrgos hospital with about 1:30 minutes left. Obviously if you're being revived mid-combat you probably won't make it so you might make the most of it by fighting to the end. But consider that Meth Cartel is the farthest away from anywhere else that you might die, except for maybe Meth processor. 

Anywhere else on the map and 5 minutes is more than enough time.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

It's possible, we may just tweak the times later too. It's going to be implemented first, if it has issues we can always tweak it.

Not sure if you're super familiar with our loadout prices but generally a competitive loadout is between 150-200k. Epi pen is sold at hospitals for 15k. Dopamine is also 15k(I believe). But the cost is split between the player that buys the epi pen and uses it on his fallen comrade and then the one who gets revived and has to spend 15k for the dopamine. Alternatively, you can receive dopamine from medics for free.

I have personally tested the Epi pens from Meth cartel, which is the southwestern most cartel farthest away from a hospital. Best viable hospital from there is Pyrgos (Because kavala is littered with vigis) and getting revived at meth cartel, hopping in an orca and spooling up, I arrived at the Pyrgos hospital with about 1:30 minutes left. Obviously if you're being revived mid-combat you probably won't make it so you might make the most of it by fighting to the end. But consider that Meth Cartel is the farthest away from anywhere else that you might die, except for maybe Meth processor. 

Anywhere else on the map and 5 minutes is more than enough time.

My sediments was let's say I get epi pen revived at a cartel. If I was to fight the rest of that cartel it would probably last around 15 to 20 minutes max, which using the pill idea I said would take around 10 pills to finish the cartel and 150k which would be another load out cost. This would also be 100 space of virtual inventory which wouldn't be enough for one player to hold so you would have to share between teammates causing an even greater hit or miss situation like you are looking for

Guest G.O.A.T.
11 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

RedPillBluePill_full.gif

4 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

My sediments was let's say I get epi pen revived at a cartel. If I was to fight the rest of that cartel it would probably last around 15 to 20 minutes max, which using the pill idea I said would take around 10 pills to finish the cartel and 150k which would be another load out cost. This would also be 100 space of virtual inventory which wouldn't be enough for one player to hold so you would have to share between teammates causing an even greater hit or miss situation like you are looking for

True, it's not a bad idea. It's a money sink and people would probably see a use for it.

After the Epi Pens get implemented, we may explore that idea further.

• 2 months later...

I think its crazy to see how it was going to be implemented and how it actually settled in and its still good, I just wish like epi pen money was distributed between medics and stuff even though I think medics already make quite a profit

Maybe if we had a banks in each spawn city money could build up there, Like each town has taxes that go to that bank and