Something Big is Coming

Think of it this way. This will improve comms because you will be forced to be as specific as possible, instead of just saying "I'm behind that rock to the left, don't shoot me." Use some creativity. It's working on getting fixed and will come out with the next update. Until then, be creative, better your comms, and stop whining.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Grandma Gary said:

No hexes adds a new dynamic to being good at Arma.  It speaks volumes about the people here who are completely unable to adapt.

LITERALLY GET GOOD!

It has nothing to do with the ability to adapt to new things in ArmA/Altis Life. If this was an ArmA update that purposely made group hexes like this, and there was no way to fix it, things would be much different. This is purely a bug that we do not want to deal with. Not some new dynamic opportunity for improvement or sign from the altis gods that the community needs to learn how to adapt. The game isn't functioning as intended, this is a bug and people want it fixed, simple as that.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Muthinator said:

Honestly, why dont the admins delete this garbage.  This is the kind of worthless shit that we dont need more of on the forums.

If an admin or developer could make a post saying "update on 6-8 12pm" instead of "be patient" posts like this wouldn't be made every day. Gets annoying when we can't get an eta.

This reminds me of when the radar on the helicopters disappeared like 1.5 years ago. Everyone bitched about it for a few weeks... and then everyone sort of forgot about it. Now the general consensus seems to be that its better like this.

34 minutes ago, orcpoc said:

If an admin or developer could make a post saying "update on 6-8 12pm" instead of "be patient" posts like this wouldn't be made every day. Gets annoying when we can't get an eta.

It's in everyone's best interest not to have an ETA. I don't know how much you understand about game development but a dev that gives out ETA's usually ends up pushing out unfinished buggy builds. It makes them rush things to try and meet the deadline. Either that happens, or they simply don't finish it in time and then they don't meet the deadline which just pisses everyone else off even more.

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It's in everyone's best interest not to have an ETA. I don't know how much you understand about game development but a dev that gives out ETA's usually ends up pushing out unfinished buggy builds. It makes them rush things to try and meet the deadline. Either that happens, or they simply don't finish it in time and then they don't meet the deadline which just pisses everyone else off even more.

I think the main thing that people don't understand is that people like @Muthinator, @djwolf, @Fedot, and @ToeKnee, just the developers in general work their arses off doing the new updates, and they all have jobs and lives. For these other people whining that are not as busy and this is a large part of their entertainment, or just people that are younger and do not have to deal with jobs and such don't understand that this development is not their job, it is their hobby and contribution to the community. If you want to whine at the developers, you need to have knowledge in coding and know what they go through, and be willing to do the same. Just my perspective, not directed toward anyone in particular.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, #freeTheL9g9nd said:

Something big is coming my friends, these admins of Olympus entertainment need to start opening their ears a little more.  We want hexes, we know there is a fix to this, that is why I think we all bond together and make this happen.  These cruel people who only care about what they want not what the server wants, I realize the admins are volunteer but they need to start adding more features people want to see instead of focusing on adding a useless court house.

-thx

Are you high?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Benjamin Remer said:

FIX HEX'S. There shouldn't even be an argument about this between the staff. Just fix hex's. If it's what the majority of the community wants, THAN DO IT!

@Poseidon already posted that they are fixed. Go play and find out! ;). Again. It's not that we don't want to do it. The fact that the devs don't want to give an ETA is actually favorable for the community because if we do give one and it is not met people will bitch and moan more. On that note. They are fixed. 

15 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

FIX HEX'S. There shouldn't even be an argument about this between the staff. Just fix hex's. If it's what the majority of the community wants, THAN DO IT!

Weren't you leaving like 2 weeks ago or something?  You don't even know what you're talking about half the time you just try to flame "THE MAN."  The argument was never "should hexes be fixed or not?"  The whole thing was that it wasn't getting done as quickly as some kid wanted.  Like I don't even play except for maybe 4 or 5 times a month anymore and even I got this shit figured out.  It isn't an activity issue that causes you to not know what the hell you're talking about, it is about straight intelligence (or lack thereof). 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Benjamin Remer said:

lol, they've been fixed dude. Take a chill pill, hop on the server and stop trying to start shit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Benjamin Remer said:

YEAH SHUT UP IDIOT

#Bandwagon