Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Lane's fresh spawn adventures! >:(

Hi. I'm lane.

This is the story of my 5 days on OLYMPUS servers.

-Day 1

Spawn in

Collect fruit

Buy 4 wheeler

Buy hatchback sport

Hatchback sport stolen by Andre.

Kidnapped by TMP clan.

Shot in the head.

-Day 2

Respawned

Join TMP

Do drug runs

Buy helicopter

Crash helicopter

Kicked from TMP clan (used me to gather drug money, and then dumped)

-Day 3

Spawn in

collect money via drug runs (frogs mainly)

gain $400k after several hours

-Day 4

Finally buy new helicopter

Andre a crip gang member holds me up, steals helicopter, and chops it.

All because I talked to (messaged) a dude who he didn't like. Once.

Leaves server

Andre RDM's, NLR's, Ghosts, Meta games, and breaks nearly every rule that would otherwise be bannable.

Yet he remains because his ego is so large and fantastic that even the admins of the server don't care.

You have read the story of a fresh spawn, fed up with this servers inadequate staff.

Edited by Lane
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Juwanna Man said:

Did you record and report? If not don't complain

No, I didn't record, you think just anyone can record their gameplay?

32 minutes ago, TheKronos said:

OMG great story!!! is there a movie coming soon???

There will be a movie when quality administrators are assigned to this server.

39 minutes ago, Lane said:

um yeah I get 30 frames 5km when all you can see is blue and I record every thing

39 minutes ago, Lane said:

What are they supposed to do when there is no video proof. like sentencing someone to prison without evidence.

47 minutes ago, TheKronos said:

um yeah I get 30 frames 5km when all you can see is blue and I record every thing

What are they supposed to do when there is no video proof. like sentencing someone to prison without evidence.

Oh, idk, check the logs, and the NUMEROUS reports and video evidences sent in against Andre.

People send in videos of him breaking the rules, but he never gets punished, what is my video going to do if the Admins simply don't care? :D

14 minutes ago, Lane said:

Oh, idk, check the logs, and the NUMEROUS reports and video evidences sent in against Andre.

People send in videos of him breaking the rules, but he never gets punished, what is my video going to do if the Admins simply don't care? :D

No... The logs don't say if someone uses voice chat, and even if it did, how can anyone prove what was said in voice chat?

You say the admins don't care, but if you don't record, they can't prove that anyone did anything wrong unless they were spectating the player for a whole 5 minutes prior to you being killed/robbed or whatever. How would you like it if the police came to your house and said, you're going to jail for 4 years and 2 months because Jimmy Bobworth said you robbed a gas station?

The reason videos people submit of him breaking rules don't work is because the evidence is most likely insufficient. The rule says that when you engage someone, you are engaged for 5 minutes, that means you need to submit an RDM report with 5 minutes of footage up to the point of death to prove that he did not engage you via voice chat. Text messages are logged but as I said above, voice isn't. Don't be fucking stupid and state that the admins don't care.

1 hour ago, Lane said:

To say the admins don't care about the community that they work so hard for is very disrespectful. Although i i don't always agree with some of the staff decisions i've never questioned their ability to make them. If you think that logs give you everything you need to actually ban someone and then your obviously way inexperienced to judge them.

6 hours ago, Lane said:

Just know that the staff of olympus are not paid staff. they do this because they want and like helping the community out. 

6 hours ago, CheeseGrater said:

Your story bored me.

You're unoriginal name bores me, but of course, you don't care about my opinion, right? Vice versa.

6 hours ago, Bow said:

No... The logs don't say if someone uses voice chat, and even if it did, how can anyone prove what was said in voice chat?

You say the admins don't care, but if you don't record, they can't prove that anyone did anything wrong unless they were spectating the player for a whole 5 minutes prior to you being killed/robbed or whatever. How would you like it if the police came to your house and said, you're going to jail for 4 years and 2 months because Jimmy Bobworth said you robbed a gas station?

The reason videos people submit of him breaking rules don't work is because the evidence is most likely insufficient. The rule says that when you engage someone, you are engaged for 5 minutes, that means you need to submit an RDM report with 5 minutes of footage up to the point of death to prove that he did not engage you via voice chat. Text messages are logged but as I said above, voice isn't. Don't be fucking stupid and state that the admins don't care.

I apologize if I am repetitive, but not everyone can record, and I'm not going to sacrifice my enjoyment of a game and run it like shit just so I     M I G H T    get a dude yelled at by an uncaring official (this is my opinion based on what I have seen, and it is unchanging).

Just now, Lane said:

You're unoriginal name bores me, but of course, you don't care about my opinion, right? Vice versa.

I apologize if I am repetitive, but not everyone can record, and I'm not going to sacrifice my enjoyment of a game and run it like shit just so I     M I G H T    get a dude yelled at by an uncaring official (this is my opinion based on what I have seen, and it is unchanging).

Then if your not prepared to record, then why are you making a complaint about it? That's like having the right to vote, but not voting, and complaining about the results. If you had been prepared to make a difference, then you can complain.

On 8/9/2016 at 6:10 PM, Bow said:

Then if your not prepared to record, then why are you making a complaint about it? That's like having the right to vote, but not voting, and complaining about the results. If you had been prepared to make a difference, then you can complain.

Issue with that is that you guys could entirely prevent the problem with a good staff onboard.

9 hours ago, Lane said:

Issue with that is that you guys could entirely prevent the problem with a good staff onboard.

You are absolutely wrong. We have good staff, we would need 200 staff to completely eradicate RDM/VDM issues, each of those members of staff would then have to spectate 1 player each 24/7 to make sure they are engaging correctly. Essentially what you are saying at that point is, "I'm too lazy to record even in 360p and get RDMers banned so I want a member of staff to spectate me every second that I play so I have a trouble free session".

Your post is fucking stupid and pointless, Olympus has no doubt the best system to deal with RDM/VDM or whatever the issue is, 5 minute videos show the whole story from beginning to end so they can eliminate any rule breakers.

The rules are clear and if you can't follow the rules then don't play on the servers.

Lane, you wouldn't listen to Gang leaders, you kept talking on comms about petty problems when we were dealing with a serous ones, and you were under the age limit as well. The Olympus servers are arguably the best servers for Altis life. As others have said you need to be recording in order to be able to report rule breaking. Keep chugging away at getting frogs, coke, and shrooms in the early hours of the day when there is only 50 people on and you will get enough money to become comfortable in the game and be able to procure nice kit. You demonstrated that you were a good shot several times, I am sure you will be successful, good luck.