Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

McDili, AMA!

1. If you had the pick of the liter when it came to players, who would you choose to take with you when the going gets rough? (just a few, doesn't need to be a whole team)

2. Top RP moment on the server?

3. Once and for all, state that I was Chief of Police before you.

4. Boxers or briefs?

We have been at this a long time bud. Lets keep this community running great, and I am excited for the future of Olympus!

Would you support an insurrection against Tai (A Democrat) to become Chief of Police; and then use your knowledge as a Border Patrol officer to build a wall (Walls work, I know I build things) around Kavala to keep the scats from invading the rest of Altis?

2 hours ago, McDili said:

3. To piggy back on #1, and again this isn't representative of staff, I have issues with how strict we are being on censorship. That doesn't mean that I won't enforce what the staff as a whole is enforcing. I won't deviate from my duties just because I have a difference of opinion. But I have always been of the opinion that this is the internet. You can turn off the internet whenever you want, and unlike the real world where bullying and the like can be inescapable, it's perfectly avoidable online. That being said, I don't see the need for censorship outside of enforcing against racial slurs and explicitly sexual conduct. I think right now, it has caused more harm than good. Where before it was barely an issue, now it's basically just another tool for folks to use in a ban war when they aren't actually offended.

This is the best I've seen it written, +200

37 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

1. If you had the pick of the liter when it came to players, who would you choose to take with you when the going gets rough? (just a few, doesn't need to be a whole team)

2. Top RP moment on the server?

3. Once and for all, state that I was Chief of Police before you.

4. Boxers or briefs?

We have been at this a long time bud. Lets keep this community running great, and I am excited for the future of Olympus!

1. Peter Long! Never forget the free for all event before we were staff.

2. This will be a little long, but this was actually very recent. Just two weeks or so ago we had @Jaeger Mannen in custody. I decided to process him at Pyrgos HQ. I know Jaeger likes to RP sometimes, and I love the sound of his voice almost as much as he does. I decided to RP about how much I hated him and his cult, we engaged in a very circular philosophical debate. Both roleplaying as if we've had to deal with other in frustration for years on Altis. When I brought up the ritualistic sacrifices, his justification was a religious obligation and saw nothing wrong with it. As an officer of law tasked with bringing justice to criminals, I decided it was time to go off book. I stuffed him in my SUV and started heading south. I mentioned in frustrated anticipation how much his rituals have haunted the populace, and that I was going to put a stop to it once and for all. How every time we put him in jail he weasels his way out of it. Every time we think we kill him, he heals and comes back stronger. Not unalike the Trees he worships. 

We arrived at a beach. I took him out of my car and placed him on the shore where the ocean meats the sand. I started giving a speech. Talking about how the ocean of justice was going to drown his cult. Talking about how he has caused too much death and destruction. The speech was drawn out, and it wasn't recorded so I don't remember it well. But my ending quote I won't forget, and neither will Tree. The final words that went through his head before the bullet did: "Today, Justice. Tomorrow, Peace."

3. That is not a question, sir!

4. Boxers!

25 minutes ago, Moose said:

Would you support an insurrection against Tai (A Democrat) to become Chief of Police; and then use your knowledge as a Border Patrol officer to build a wall (Walls work, I know I build things) around Kavala to keep the scats from invading the rest of Altis?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Joel said:

If you were not to have a Admin position, or be Senior APD would you love Olympus the same ?

I loved Olympus before I became Senior APD and Staff. So, yes.

11 minutes ago, iPopsicle said:

Are you Phantom L0rd?

He and I definitely look strikingly similar and have the same eyebrow twitch, which is pretty sketchy.

But I'm not permed on twitch, so nope.

3 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

When are you selling the PT cruiser and getting a fucking dank car with that government salary?

Actually I just put in my 2 weeks notice last Friday and will start my new, also government job on the 22nd which pays a lot better.

I also settled a lawsuit over a week ago. The PT cruiser's days are numbered.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

I'm a Republican. ...And I'll have you know CoP was spoon-fed to me by Dili himself. If you want to contain Kavala, give the Chief an Armed Blackfish. I'll come through four times per reset and let loose with the guns. Problem solved. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in your lifetime that you either regret, or don't regret

Making @Fat Clemenza Chief. No Ragrets

Seriously though, I inherited 10k from grandparents and moved to Ohio for some chick. Spent 10k on her and beer. I coin it as the "Ten thousand dollar lesson" that I learned about managing money. That was 5 years ago

Just now, Augustus said:

the moment/decision you most regret that you have made on Olympus 

Ya know, on Olympus I think I've played my cards right all the way through. I've made some mistakes along the way, but nothing outstandingly dumb that I can remember. The most severe mistakes could be a SGT I promoted which really in the grand scale of things isn't a big deal. I don't really regret anything on Olympus, at least not that I can think of right now.

6 minutes ago, Jorbis said:

How has life been as the last air bender?

f396066eabad35b54ff91d22b2b1f7d7.png

Ask @Grandma Gary about how life is every time I'm reminded of it.

5 hours ago, McDili said:

In December 10 of 2015, "Doomsday" happened. Some of the staff went rogue and crazy. All in all it was handled after about an hour or two. The servers were already hurting for population badly, and their hadn't been an update in a couple months.

The day Olympus fell, but was rebuilt on the ashes and became what it is today. (Better imo)

good times. good times.

28 minutes ago, McDili said:

Ya know, on Olympus I think I've played my cards right all the way through. I've made some mistakes along the way, but nothing outstandingly dumb that I can remember. The most severe mistakes could be a SGT I promoted which really in the grand scale of things isn't a big deal. I don't really regret anything on Olympus, at least not that I can think of right now.

We all know you mean @Huskers   :Kappa:

1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

How did McDili become your IGN?

Funny story.

My friend was getting me into WoW back in the BC days. He was going to create a character to level with me. We couldn't figure out any good names so I suggested abbreviating popular slogans.

His name was Bkhiyw. My name was McDili.

Bkhiyw = Burger King Have iyour way.

McDili = McDonalds I'm Lovin It.

23 minutes ago, ScreaM said:

Was Rugg permed off forums?

Idk