Gas Stations Robberies are NOT redzones!

Chapter 13: Red / Illegal Zone / Rebel Outposts

Spoiler
  1. Red zones are KOS, no RP is required by Civilians. Gas Stations are never redzones.
  2. APD may patrol red zones excluding Rebel outposts every 10 minutes
  3. For APD and Rebel Outposts refer to the APD Master Handbook.
  4. VDM/NLR/Ect are still enforced in red zones.
  5. Medics may only be killed inside an illegal zone if the following criteria is met, a Medic must be warned to leave the area through either an EMS text, Direct Chat, or Warning Shots before a Medic is killed. (Firing warning shots at a Medic may only be done inside illegal zones.) 5 seconds must be given to give the Medic enough time to leave the area. If the Medic abides by the warning and tries to leave the area then you cannot continue shooting at the Medic.

I updated this portion in the rules to include it. Be aware, this is not a rule change because no where in the rules does it say that gas stations are a redzone when being robbed. But I suppose some people were not clear on this so I put it in there.

1 hour ago, Sociopathic said:

Its funny, cause there is gonna be a lot more RDM reports because people are gonna try to verbally engage with the loud ass sirens going off.

"so and so" is robbing a gas station.

-looks at map

OH shit i'm right next to him

-opens menu-message- "so and so" - "Hands up or die"

-waits 5 seconds

Shoot and kills him

EZ no ban.

• Like 1

Medics may only be killed inside an illegal zone if the following criteria is met, a Medic must be warned to leave the area through either anEMS text, Direct Chat, or Warning Shots before a Medic is killed. (Firing warning shots at a Medic may only be done inside illegal zones.) 

Thank God. Warning shots. Or has this been in place for a while?

• Admin
8 minutes ago, DeathSnare said:

Edited 7 minutes ago by DeathSnare (see edit history)
Only staff can see this message

It has :P 

22 minutes ago, DeathSnare said:

Medics may only be killed inside an illegal zone if the following criteria is met, a Medic must be warned to leave the area through either anEMS text, Direct Chat, or Warning Shots before a Medic is killed. (Firing warning shots at a Medic may only be done inside illegal zones.) 

Been like this for a few months now bud.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, DeathSnare said:

Has been in place but a lot of people have mistaken this rule and shot warning shots even outside of red zones. Pretty often at that. 

I love how warning shots can only be used inside a redzone, yet everyone uses warningshots to engage a medic all over the map.. I am gonna remember that next time i recieve warningshots outside of a redzone and land..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

and killing medics because a civillian said to revive a player is a no no since medics cant be told to revive players. so when u say revive so and so and u have 5 seconds or ill kill u and the medic says its part of his job to revive players while ur counting and then the medic hears 5 and then gets shot.  thats a no no we get tired of civilians always telling us to revive players or face death.

R&R Handbook currently lists gas station robberies as "illegal areas" along with everything else - maybe this was leading to confusion @Muthinator ?

Are red zones and illegal zones different things, or are we using the terminology interchangeably?  If they're the same, maybe use the same word across all of the handbooks and rules? @McDili

34 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

R&R Handbook currently lists gas station robberies as "illegal areas" along with everything else - maybe this was leading to confusion @Muthinator ?

Are red zones and illegal zones different things, or are we using the terminology interchangeably?  If they're the same, maybe use the same word across all of the handbooks and rules? @McDili

26 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

I noticed that and wondered the same thing.  As far as I was concerned they were KOS for civs while active.  I guess I will need to amend the R&R handbook.

Red zones and Illegal zones are different terms to describe the same thing: A KOS zone for civs. Gas stations have never been redzones in the actual server rules. It was a common misconception as when you robbed it, the icon was red, so some folks inferred that it was an illegal zone. It was not, and never has been. As you can see when I created this thread in October, the OP mentions it was not a rule change. Just a clarification.

As of right now, the only illegal zones are the red crosshatch areas on the map, the cartels, and the Federal Reserve/Jail/Blackwater while it is being robbed.