Jesse

Voice Your Opinion - Gang Sheds

Hello,

With the ability to purchase yourself and your gang a cool place to hang (the industrial sheds) right around the corner comes a few questions. I've already posted this same thing basically in a different forum asking for staff input as well.

Figured I'd let you guys suggest what you HONESTLY think would be the best answers to the following questions/features regarding the sheds. Your responses will be read by myself at least... and any suggestions you have that would make the sheds better for future development are also appreciated. Please don't post useless and troll shit on here... If you do there's a good chance I won't make posts like this again... I'm sensitive. How to Give Constructive Criticism

Remember: Be genuine in your answers and reasoning as well as consider the future. If we price it low for the current features adding a bunch of cool shit later won't be so feasible. So keep in mind that at a later date you will be able to use this for vehicles as well and potentially other things! Feel free to suggest future development ideas regarding gang sheds on this thread. Keep in mind the scarcity of sheds per server and combined. Also, if you're in a large gang keep in mind not all gangs are large!

Number of Sheds on Altis: 128

Initial Shed Features Include:

• Allow a gang leader to purchase a gang warehouse
  • Gang members can spawn at this location
  • Gang members can use crates/virtual inventory at this location
  • More features will likely be added to this system in the future

Future POTENTIAL Shed Features:

• Pulling of vehicles (non-air) Confirmed feature
  • Vehicle storage
  • Some sort of facility for something... (crafting?) idk...

The current questions:

1. Cost to purchase?
  2. One per server or just one between the two?
  3. Initial storage capacity
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level.
  4. Initial crate number
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature))
  5. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired)
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired)
  7. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any?
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...)
    1. Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system
    2. Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep"
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, tkcjesse said:

The current questions:

1. Cost to purchase?
    1. Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level.
  4. Initial crate number
    1. Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature))
  6. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired)
  8. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...)
  1. $7,500,000
  2. Individual server, gives gangs a chance to get a good location
  3. Per crate? Same as a normal house crate
  4. 2
  5. All should be able to access crates.
  6. ^
  7. 10
  8. Owner should have to login atleast once every 30 days.
Edited by Jmb
  • Like 5

Hello everyone First this is all my opinion on the matter and just giving it so others can see it ( does not mean its correct ) and im going to try the sandwich method from your constructive criticism post XD

Cost to Purchase? Im not a house owner nor do i spend alot of time with the houses my criticism here is little i just know definitely more than a house.

One per server or just one between the two? In my opinion i definitely think only one per server, there are a lot of gangs the demand for these will probably be high. seeing as there "server" gangs where that gang only plays that server i would see no reason to have a warehouse on both servers.

Initial storage capacity: again no real criticism here, more than a house :)

Number of upgrades able to be done & associated storage capacity and price per level.: i would say treat is almost like a 4 crate house give it the same ability to inspire too.

Initial crate number: as said previously 4 crates :D

Ability to add additional crates? (i.e. can purchase more "crate storage slots" (would be a new feature)) : Yes this is a gang house after all a lot of people will be using it

Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired): Ah now this ... THIS is what i came here to talk about my friends, in my past i have been in gangs where the leaders or top brass would hold the gang funds or any other gang related power for themselves. Who is to say certain gangs would not do that. This to me is a negative but on the flipside, WE do have MINECRAFT kids who if gang levels are not required to access arma crates will grab everything they can and raid for the "diamond swords". I have talked to many others about this and from the info i have gathered at this time i would say to NOT allow everyone access to arma crates and give it a required gang level to interact. that way only TRUSTED members will have access and will give the recruits something to look forward too. the minecraft kids will have to wait another day to get into my base >:D

Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired) : See Above

Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any?: SO that we dont have that 1 rich guy buying up all the warehouses, at least a gang of 7

Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...) : just like a house someone in the gang has to be alive

Have the OWNER be online every so often like current house system : Yep sounds good to me

Require gang to pay a "monthly upkeep" :YES and the more its upgraded the more the rent is

All in ALL i love the idea and thank all who participated in This idea and for those who donated to get this awesome feature added i love you 2. Also TKCJESSE i commend you on coming out to the "wilds" and asking us. now that i look at my post this looks alot more like opinion then criticism but maybe through reading you will find things to think upon and sway the mind.

THANK YOU FOR THE READ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jmb said:
  1. $7,500,000
  2. Individual server, gives gangs a chance to get a good location
  3. Per crate? Same as a normal house crate
  4. 2
  5. All should be able to access crates.
  6. ^
  7. 10
  8. Owner should have to login atleast once every 30 days.

Just now, tkcjesse said:

1. Cost to purchase?
  4. Initial crate number

1.  10 million
  2. One per server
  3. 1000 Initial
    1. 3 Purchasable upgrades. Each cost 10 million giving 3000 storage
  4. 2 initial crates
    1. 2 per upgrade of storage for a of 8 possible crates
  5. Not a specific 12345. The option to allow specific people by giving them special crate keys. 
  6. ^ special y item keys*
  7. At least 5
  8. Be on at least once a week
    1. ^
    2. The hideout is already supposed to be extremely expensive I don't think adding more to it over time it a good idea.

1. Cost to purchase?

$5 - $7.5 million from gang funds.

1. One per server or just one between the two?

One between the two

1. Initial storage capacity

About 4 upgrades, storage space = 4000?  

1. Initial crate number

Initial crate number 4 with the new feature to get more storage spots till 6 crates

1. Gang level required to access Arma crates (if desired)

4?

1. Gang level required to access virtual items (Y Menu - Inventory) (if desired)

1. Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any?

1. Activity Requirement to maintain shed ownership? (Only owner can sell at this time...)

Owner online every so often AND Monthly upkeep of $500k and and additional $100k for each additional crate after 4

LMK your thought!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Opus said:

Great post!

22 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Required number of gang members to purchase a shed, if any? 15

So, curious as to why you felt that a gang should have 15 members in order to purchase one of these? Personally I felt like 8 was a fair that would give the smaller gangs that prune members the ability to have a shed as well. I mean why not? As a person who has led a large gang of 22 active people on Asylum a year ago, personally I enjoy the small gang action a lot more. Why should we restrict it to large gangs?

5 minutes ago, DaneG said:

I definitely love the monthly upkeep idea, it means @Solomon can stop being a gang funds jew ;) 

It's a good way to get some money circulating and get some of these rich gangs/folk to start spending and working too!

• Like 1

Just now, tkcjesse said:

Great post!

So, curious as to why you felt that a gang should have 15 members in order to purchase one of these? Personally I felt like 8 was a fair that would give the smaller gangs that prune members the ability to have a shed as well. I mean why not? As a person who has led a large gang of 22 active people on Asylum a year ago, personally I enjoy the small gang action a lot more. Why should we restrict it to large gangs?

It's a good way to get some money circulating and get some of these rich gangs/folk to start spending and working too!

About the members thing. The number can be low IF AND ONLY IF. You make a rule about people making several gangs with same tags and buying several gang hideouts. Because it will happen and all the hideouts will be bought up by rich kids.

1 minute ago, Taxi said:

IS this asylum

No,

060a75ca736f008539f20b22f06dbf8a.png

No sure your reasoning for such an idiotic comment... As this is very different than the gang system Asylum has. Asylum you can do any building. Asylum there isn't an upkeep requirement. Can use the inventories at any gang level. Asylum has no up-gradable Y inventory. Asylum has the gang house count as a player owned house.

Your reply counts as a "useless and troll post".
Thanks for being cancer.

• Like 5

Just now, tkcjesse said:

No,

No sure your reasoning for such an idiotic comment... As this is very different than the gang system Asylum has. Asylum you can do any building. Asylum there isn't an upkeep requirement. Can use the inventories at any gang level. Asylum has no up-gradable Y inventory. Asylum has the gang house count as a player owned house.

Thanks for being cancer.

Well honestly, you're making gang sheds which originated in asylum.... Sounds like a bit of stealing to me...

1 minute ago, Vincent Jacobs said:

About the members thing. The number can be low IF AND ONLY IF. You make a rule about people making several gangs with same tags and buying several gang hideouts. Because it will happen and all the hideouts will be bought up by rich kids.

Uh what? It's 1 building per gang... You have a minimum member requirement that will be in-place. Plus a monthly upkeep fee, seems awfully pointless to go through the process of upgrading and such for having more than 1 shed. Idk. If they really want to I don't see the harm.

5 minutes ago, tkcjesse said:

No,

Thanks for being cancer.

Thanks for being cancer? I was voicing my opinion.. Man, what happened to this community. I post my opinion and get flamed.. Not only by a fucking member of the community but a autistic Dev.

3 hours ago, tkcjesse said:

The current questions:

1. Cost to purchase?
  4. Initial crate number

One between the two. Kind of force some people to stay on their one server. and give others a chance to get a good location

800 virtual storage capacity first (Can upgrade up to like 3200) 

4 crates and upgradeable up to 8.

Should be able to choose what ranks for this. Like have an option in the gang menu to "Manage Gang Warehouse" and have some configuring options there.

^

no req for members.

Yes activity requirement but no monthly upkeep.

Just now, tkcjesse said:

Uh what? It's 1 building per gang... You have a minimum member requirement that will be in-place. Plus a monthly upkeep fee, seems awfully pointless to go through the process of upgrading and such for having more than 1 shed. Idk. If they really want to I don't see the harm.

I think its very possible that a very large gang would have the idea to break up into smaller (but same) gangs and monopolize the market. I mean there are only a finite amount of the hideouts on the map and there will be very few actually useful locations. Does the map developer intend on adding more of the shacks onto the map in locations that aren't completely useless?

• Like 1

Just now, Taxi said:

Well honestly, you're making gang sheds which originated in asylum.... Sounds like a bit of stealing to me...

What are you Paratus?

d7a869865b91caa1c01dfc41fe5b7b75.png

5 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Thanks for being cancer? I was voicing my opinion.. Man, what happened to this community. I post my opinion and get flamed.. Not only by a fucking member of the community but a autistic Dev.

Voicing what opinion? You made a stupid statement "IS this asylum".

Nowhere in anything you've said so far have you bothered to be at all constructive. Then you ask what happened to this community and call me autistic. Yet, the community is the problem and not you? Yes, logic!

• Like 3

There are (I believe) over 100 warehouses on the map.  Nobody will be left out.  

@Taxi I would suggest stopping now.  Otherwise you will have to eat one of my roasts,  and trust me,  nobody has been able to stomach one yet.  

1 minute ago, tkcjesse said:

Voicing what opinion? You made a stupid statement "IS this asylum".

Nowhere in anything you've said so far have you bothered to be at all constructive. Then you ask what happened to this community and call me autistic. Yet, the community is the problem and not you? Yes, logic!

Calling me cancer when i was voicing my opinion, haha come on. Its only a post don't be offended unless you are Autistic, if so I apologize 

7 minutes ago, Vincent Jacobs said:

I think its very possible that a very large gang would have the idea to break up into smaller (but same) gangs and monopolize the market. I mean there are only a finite amount of the hideouts on the map and there will be very few actually useful locations. Does the map developer intend on adding more of the shacks onto the map in locations that aren't completely useless?

Uh.., obviously places like cocaine processing and salt processing will be moved out of the sheds. However, I don't know much beyond that as far as new homes for npcs and such go that are currently in the sheds.

Just now, Peter Long said:

There are (I believe) over 100 warehouses on the map.  Nobody will be left out.  

@Taxi I would suggest stopping now.  Otherwise you will have to eat one of my roasts,  and trust me,  nobody has been able to stomach one yet.  

Stomach them? Im defending my self? He called me cancer. I called him Autistic, use your brain. Oh wait.

Edited by Taxi

Just now, Taxi said:

Stomach them? Im defending my self? He called me cancer.

Enough.  Unless you have something of note for the development side of gang warehouses then leave the thread.