Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Gang tags

Ok, so a while ago, I was on cop and while I was running a suspect to HQ a friend of his came up and shot me, I claimed it was rdm but moderators said no because they had gang tags. I claimed it wasn't gang tags, but the staff member said that since they had the same name, for example it was like bob frank, and jimmy frank. Something like that. But that doesn't seem like gang tags. In the rules it says [] or () is to be used, or understandably using any symbol other than letters would work, and I'd like for the rules to state clearly what gang tags or engagement tags are supposed to be. I think that tags should have to be a symbol or something other than letters. I'd love for this to be changed in the rule book because I think it is very confusing. And it would be even more confusing if I was in Kavala and was being chased or attacked by someone who only had one name the same as mother person in custody.

hopefully this makes sense, I wrote this really fast in my English class at school. I am really bored, and people are talking about lord of the flies book, and it is so not interesting. So yeah, would love to see a much more clarified rule/s about gang/engagement tags.

Yeah, I agree with this. Make it so tags have to be at the front of your name too, *cough* bfo *cough*. On the terms of tags though, they're always pretty boring. Maybe we could add a larger variety of characters allowed on tags? Gang on Asylum such as Tenacity, т, and Prime, have such cool and unique tags. I understand that it's hard to alphabetically organize these tags in text messages, but since they're special characters, they automatically go to the top of the list. It's not as annoying as most think.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Make it so tags have to be at the front of your name too, *cough* bfo *cough*. On the terms of tags though, they're always pretty boring. Maybe we could add a larger variety of characters allowed on tags? Gang on Asylum such as Tenacity, т, and Prime, have such cool and unique tags. I understand that it's hard to alphabetically organize these tags in text messages, but since they're special characters, they automatically go to the top of the list. It's not as annoying as most think.

1 hour ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

hopefully this makes sense, I wrote this really fast in my English class at school. I am really bored, and people are talking about lord of the flies book, and it is so not interesting. So yeah, would love to see a much more clarified rule/s about gang/engagement tags.

That's a good book

1 hour ago, Detective Rando said:

Have you not heard of the Detectives :( no brackets here

It's also at the front of your name, and is pretty clear, but people who aren't next to each other t

in the phone book or don't have clear tags like [BFO] should put it in brackets, or something, cause when you have two guys at opposite ends of the phone book, with semi to very unclear tags should have to have them made more clear.

1 hour ago, heyday said:

That's a good book

Lol we're only at chapter 3, quite boring so far, but feel free to spoil shit for me if you want

2 hours ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Ok, so a while ago, I was on cop and while I was running a suspect to HQ a friend of his came up and shot me, I claimed it was rdm but moderators said no because they had gang tags. I claimed it wasn't gang tags, but the staff member said that since they had the same name, for example it was like bob frank, and jimmy frank. Something like that. But that doesn't seem like gang tags. In the rules it says [] or () is to be used, or understandably using any symbol other than letters would work, and I'd like for the rules to state clearly what gang tags or engagement tags are supposed to be. I think that tags should have to be a symbol or something other than letters. I'd love for this to be changed in the rule book because I think it is very confusing. And it would be even more confusing if I was in Kavala and was being chased or attacked by someone who only had one name the same as mother person in custody.

Who told you that having the same name is similar to a gang tag? I don't believe we have ever considered people with the same name as "having gang tags".

3 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Who told you that having the same name is similar to a gang tag? I don't believe we have ever considered people with the same name as "having gang tags".

I believe it was mercury, it was a while ago. But yeah, I was running a guy to air HQ cause I crashed my car and like 8 minutes after I had him in restraints this guy comes, and *bang bang* I'm dead, and I was told it wasn't rdm since he had the same "last" name. That's the rough idea of it. Don't have the evidence anymore, if I did I would send it to you, but yeah, I was told that there names engaged them as the same person.

Gotcha, I mean you should use your head if they have similar names because chances are they're in a group even if they don't have gang tags. It does say they need gang tags in order to engage said person as a gang. Resubmit the ticket and request an admin to look at it if it was anytime recent. If its not recent then don't bother re-submitting the report.

2 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Gotcha, I mean you should use your head if they have similar names because chances are they're in a group even if they don't have gang tags. 

Yeah I didnt even see the guy, he shot me in the back. If I had seen him, I probably would have been able to defend myself a little better, but yeah, I didnt realize he was there. I just think people interpret gang tags themselves, which is why I would love to see it get clarified in the rule book.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Vincent Jacobs said:

If there is going to be a rule change about name please do not continue to allow symbols to be used. It is very confusing to new players to see a text message from someone saying "hands up or die by new kings" and then someone with the * walks up to them and blasts them.

Simple. "Hands up or die by * New Kings" or something of that sort

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Has NOTHING to do with sorting names... Has a lot more to do with saving your player data using special characters and then loading that data back in so that you have your gear next time you connect...

Never said that's the only reason, just one I know has been mentioned.