Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 12/28/2016 effective immediately.

Guest G.O.A.T.
13 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Pleb Civ: I WANT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND GUNS AND BITCHES AND A JET.

APD: No

BRAP BRAP jail.

Who thought this was a good idea?

That's just simply not how it works with the lower ranks and you know it.

Cops are very hesitant to call off negotiations (I.e. They failed) because of how it's written in the handbook. Additionally, if a SINGLE part of it is done incorrectly they will face administrative action, from either the APD or Staff.

5 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

That's just simply not how it works with the lower ranks and you know it.

Cops are very hesitant to call off negotiations (I.e. They failed) because of how it's written in the handbook. Additionally, if a SINGLE part of it is done incorrectly they will face administrative action, from either the APD or Staff.

I always get scared cause all the derps are just chillin around the area, is that allowed and should i record/report that?

Guest G.O.A.T.
5 minutes ago, Silton said:

I always get scared cause all the derps are just chillin around the area, is that allowed and should i record/report that?

Cops are more than welcome to surround the area where the negotiations are taking place.

1 hour ago, Silton said:

I mean if you're a civ and you requested a lone negotiator and you spot a +1 outside somewhere, there is nothing stopping you from blowing the hostage's brains out at that point if cops didn't adhere to your demands.

I'll probably hate myself for saying this but if civs want cops to take their negotiations more seriously then they outta actually follow through on their threats more often. At least on the SAPD level for that matter, junior ranks cave in pretty quick so it doesn't really apply to them as much.

Cannot possibly count how many times people say "Come alone" and eventually they spot other cops and get talked out of killing the hostage for it. At all times the APD is going to try and setup a shot on you in case negotiations fail and in the case that SAPD is online, they WILL try to setup shots and find a good opportunity to call it off.

If you're a civ you gotta keep this in mind. If you see other cops outside or wherever, there's a high chance that at the very least you will be lowballed on an offer because the cops may feel confident enough to take you out if negotiations do fail. This isn't always the case, I've been in a few where we setup but negotiations were met and we walked away. But in most cases, this is what will happen if you let other cops get in. So if you see other cops outside, it's safe to assume you're probably going to get caught anyway. May as well pop the hostage and in doing so teach the APD a lesson.

Also if you pick a good wide open location there's a much lower chance that the APD are going to be able to setup. And if you're in a group, spread your guys out. I can't tell you how often they all stick together in the same spot negotiating. It's tactical suicide. If you got guys setup on the outside looking in even just for spotting purposes, it gives you so much more leverage in the negotiation as a hostage taker because the second you call out cops that you can't possibly see, it sets alarms off for us cops because it means there's more than likely at least one other civ who has a shot on the hostages. You put yourself in a much better bargaining position when you have that advantage.

• Admin

It does suck for the little guys trying to do hostage negotiations but I love that this was implemented to be honest. Kudos to you guys. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

It does suck for the little guys trying to do hostage negotiations but I love that this was implemented to be honest. Kudos to you guys. 

Tbh Gary is partially correct in regards to little guys. If SAPD are on then the little guys almost always fail regardless. As Goat said it's not the case though when SAPD are not playing, which as most know is more often than not.

Anytime a big group does it, talking like 4-5+, it's almost always in the civ's favor regardless.

• 2 years later...