Metro

Olympus Dying? (Make Olympus Great Again)

About the defib thing, I was thinking that maybe if players had to buy them from medics directly for like 10-20k, then medics wouldn't lose any money? But I don't really care if they're added or not. 

36 minutes ago, The White Tiger said:

I feel as while the player count is rising, the quality of the server is declining. I remember back when MC was a huge power house, PcP was around, and you couldn't drive a car without getting blown up through dysnc on this server. Everyone didn't just care about cartels and frag tages. There weren't a ton of asylum guys coming to be toxic. There weren't forum warriors roasting each other every chance they get. Altis Life was fun, and don't get me wrong it still is, but the quality and type of fun has changed so much that to some people, it really is dying. I love this server, and I will continue to play it, however I have realized that It has gone a direction that I may not like it to to go to. Altis Life used to be fun, filled with rp, and focused on interaction. Now everyone's focus is putting other people below themselves and killing each other at cartels. It's about the next montage clip that gets you rep on the forums and in the next gang filled with a bunch of shit talkers. Hopefully one day it goes back on the path that a lot of people prefer, but until then, to some people, the server will continue to die. 

It's generally just how things go in a game's lifecycle. The allure wears off over time and people feel like they've done everything so they routinely do the only thing that seems interesting to them anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It's generally just how things go in a game's lifecycle. The allure wears off over time and people feel like they've done everything so they routinely do the only thing that seems interesting to them anymore.

Yeah maybe its arma 3, there's definitely competition up coming with the flop that might be identity and the new, arma looking game. Altis life will always be fun, but your right, the lore of it has worn off and it just doesnt feel the same as it used to. I remember having a blast just trying to do a mushroom run in my hummingbird back then, now, it just isnt nearly as fun.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 3:49 PM, The White Tiger said:

I feel as while the player count is rising, the quality of the server is declining. I remember back when MC was a huge power house, PcP was around, and you couldn't drive a car without getting blown up through dysnc on this server. Everyone didn't just care about cartels and frag tages. There weren't a ton of asylum guys coming to be toxic. There weren't forum warriors roasting each other every chance they get. Altis Life was fun, and don't get me wrong it still is, but the quality and type of fun has changed so much that to some people, it really is dying. I love this server, and I will continue to play it, however I have realized that It has gone a direction that I may not like it to to go to. Altis Life used to be fun, filled with rp, and focused on interaction. Now everyone's focus is putting other people below themselves and killing each other at cartels. It's about the next montage clip that gets you rep on the forums and in the next gang filled with a bunch of shit talkers. Hopefully one day it goes back on the path that a lot of people prefer, but until then, to some people, the server will continue to die. 

I agree 100% with you but now the community is toxic and that's how we have to be. After a couple years another change will come about and maybe people will be even great toxic kids. Who the hell knows

• Like 1

I mean things would be a lot better if everyone stop trying to prove dick size to each other. No one cares to be called "scats" or "shit" etc non-stop. It's the toxicity that is leading to the decline. No one cares to hear from a cop that you've killed like 7x and on his 8th time back he gets you and then says "Wow, you're so bad", "Wow get good", "Wow you got rekt", etc. This is the type of shit that only promotes others in the chain and cycle to become more toxic. If you want change and want the gameplay to become "better" it has to be from the community and players. No amount of development will change the negativity among players. Also, money has a huge play in this. Yeah, you probably had a lot more fun when you first came to the server because it was a challenge, the other gangs were robbing you and you had to play different. Once you get established you really have nothing more to work for. So instead of going around and making your own fun you sit on a rock at a cartel and spew negative shit in side chat about how other gangs are trash because they don't want to come to a slaughter at a cartel or some shit. The servers not dying. The fun is simply dieing for you because you can't make your own fun.

I am comparing these to Asylum because Asylum is essentially the "only" competitor for Altis Life servers based in the US. All these are based on S1 for both communities.

Fun Facts:

• Olympus #1 is ranked #11 among Arma 3 Servers..
    • Asylum is ranked #15
  • We have more players online during non-peak hours compared to 30days ago. We use to hit points where there was less than 20 online. Now it's usually always 25+
  • Our servers are full for a longer period of time (compared to Asylum)
  • We average 71 players
    • Asylum averages 65 players

Oh and threads like this don't exactly help the morale of the community or show us in a good light. Once again... if people would stop comparing each other and treating this as a competitive game play of who "wins" it'd be a lot better. Of course no one will actually do this because most of you need to hold on to your "e-peen".

Also, for those of you who like say all these textures are causing "texture bugs". Make a reproducible editor mission with vehicles & textures that causes you to get "texture bugged". Note that it's not always textures that relates to frames. There is a lot of things in Arma that you probably don't know about that can affect your FPS. So please stop making this "connection". Some of you say its vehicle textures, some say its objects, some say its sounds. Just stop... We get it, it annoys you. No one forces you to play. This is something that was NOT introduced in only Olympus. It happens elsewhere and it's known by BI, they have no way of producing it so they can't exactly fix it. We also don't know what causes it so, we're not just going to start blindly removing shit in hopes it will fix your shit at the loss of content for others. I know people who get texture bugged daily. Then there's myself who gets it maybe 3x a month. Then there's some who have never had a texture bug in their entire game play. 

• Like 7

On 12/30/2016 at 11:57 AM, Produs said:

I remember Olympus, and i'm sure a few others do when Zues was the man in charge. 

I remember Olympus when the Admins would have to intervene in situations because the cops couldn't handle things on their own.

We called it getting Zues'd and it happened a few times. 

That was the good old days, when possums were possums and mammoths were mammoths. 

I remember when Zeus would crash in the middle of the square and drop his Chief of police gear like every 15 minutes because his Asian connection was so shit

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

• We average 71 players
    • Asylum averages 65 players

Don't forget that asylum has 5 servers and olympus 2, ofcourse they will average a bit lower. But asylum has way more players than olympus for sure