Jump to content
Talindor

APD Handbook Update 1/8/2016 @ 12 am.

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Minor updates to the APD faction.

Promotion Requirements

Corporal :

  • Minimum of (10000 minutes) of play time

 

Chapter III - Use of Force

  1. Vehicle Shooting
    1. When fired on the officers may return fire on that unit(s) with the intention of disabling the unit(s).
    2. This includes any weapons such as hand guns, assault guns, Titans, .50 Cal, ect
    3. The officers may only fire back when they have a positive location of the unit(s) that have fired
    4. If the officers are starting the engagement APD must send a text to a member of the criminal unit from an officer within the vehicle before firing letting them know they will be fired upon by the APD if they do not surrender
      1. Once it has been determined that the suspect is clearly evading, they are cleared to open fire upon the fleeing assailant. 

Number 4 verse one everyone have already done this, however we removed texting the suspect fleeing in their vehicle as they already knew they were being pursued.

 

Chapter V - Hostage Situations

A player may not be pardoned if their bounty is $1 Million+ or if they have an Escaping Jail charge and/or Hostage situation charge.

 

Chapter X - Checkpoints & Patrol Guidelines

Altis Highway Patrol (AHP) uniforms and vehicles can be utilized at any time if necessary.

 

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

Ghosthawk Patrol - Ghosthawk patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher.  These patrols are utilized for a heavy APD response to large gang actions or high risk rebel activity.

Minimum Crew - Pilot + one Gunner - Sergeant or higher must be online.

 

Ghosthawk rules: Previously SGT had to be present at the situation. Now, SGT just has to be in the server.

 

 

New Squad will be Implemented shortly! 

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Chapter X - Checkpoints & Patrol Guidelines

Altis Highway Patrol (AHP) uniforms and vehicles can be utilized at any time if necessary.

Yes. Thank you. Best Decision 2017

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice update :) i like the idea of a sergeant + just needs to be online, maybe the dust on my hunter or ghosthawk wont keep building up lmao.
was there any news on the old corporals uniforms coming back? i heard they were in progress??

Can we also get a written rule in the APD section for guys with lethals and criminals that refuse to exit from pilot or co-pilot seat. Due to arma logic you cannot pull ppl from a pilot or co pilot position so our only option is to give them the old "Please exit from the heli or you will be lethaled out!" This however is not stated in the rules. The amount of ppl that have tried to abuse this on me and say "Its not in the rules to say you can do that!"

Other than that look forward to a new squad too, glad to see activity booming again and the joys of spamming in to get on a full server!!!

@Goat @Talindor @McDili

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

nice update :) i like the idea of a sergeant + just needs to be online, maybe the dust on my hunter or ghosthawk wont keep building up lmao.
was there any news on the old corporals uniforms coming back? i heard they were in progress??

Can we also get a written rule in the APD section for guys with lethals and criminals that refuse to exit from pilot or co-pilot seat. Due to arma logic you cannot pull ppl from a pilot or co pilot position so our only option is to give them the old "Please exit from the heli or you will be lethaled out!" This however is not stated in the rules. The amount of ppl that have tried to abuse this on me and say "Its not in the rules to say you can do that!"

Other than that look forward to a new squad too, glad to see activity booming again and the joys of spamming in to get on a full server!!!

@Goat @Talindor @McDili

If they refuse this would be a clear situation that falls under tasers not adequate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Once it has been determined that the suspect is clearly evading, they are cleared to open fire upon the fleeing assailant.

I REALLY like this one. 

 

 

24 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Altis Highway Patrol (AHP) uniforms and vehicles can be utilized at any time if necessary.

being I have a nice hard on for the AHP unis, I LOVE this one. 

Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talindor said:

If they refuse this would be a clear situation that falls under tasers not adequate 

ok cool im happy with that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think about it for a sec, a known criminal refuses to get out of a chopper knowing taser do nothing, what can you do as a corporal to handle the situation within your power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Think about it for a sec, a known criminal refuses to get out of a chopper knowing taser do nothing, what can you do as a corporal to handle the situation within your power.

i know its an obvious one but its more for the ppl that abuse it, so they know what to expect and then dont bitch about it for 30mins PM'ing me in game that im wrong lmao xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

i know its an obvious one but its more for the ppl that abuse it, so they know what to expect and then dont bitch about it for 30mins PM'ing me in game that im wrong lmao xD

I always ignore those text messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talindor said:

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

Ghosthawk Patrol - Ghosthawk patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher.  These patrols are utilized for a heavy APD response to large gang actions or high risk rebel activity.

Minimum Crew - Pilot + one Gunner - Sergeant or higher must be online.

 

Ghosthawk rules: Previously SGT had to be present at the situation. Now, SGT just has to be in the server.

Couldn't that be an issue. There's probably a good explanation, but I can't see it. You're saying a senior can give people who don't have access to lethals, A FUCKING 6.5 GATLING GUN!!!! Now granted, the seniors aren't going to hand them out willy nilly, they're going to be careful with it. But, that means that if the cops in it start rdming or breaking rules with it, they cant be stopped by the senior who would ram it into the ground to stop them. now a group of two can rdm, and rdm, and rdm until either an admin blows them up or they get shot down by very angry enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

Ghosthawk Patrol - Ghosthawk patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher.  These patrols are utilized for a heavy APD response to large gang actions or high risk rebel activity.

Minimum Crew - Pilot + one Gunner - Sergeant or higher must be online.

 

Ghosthawk rules: Previously SGT had to be present at the situation. Now, SGT just has to be in the server.

Anti Fedot Clause?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fedot said:

Anti Fedot Clause?

Me being online is that.

 

2 hours ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Couldn't that be an issue. There's probably a good explanation, but I can't see it. You're saying a senior can give people who don't have access to lethals, A FUCKING 6.5 GATLING GUN!!!! Now granted, the seniors aren't going to hand them out willy nilly, they're going to be careful with it. But, that means that if the cops in it start rdming or breaking rules with it, they cant be stopped by the senior who would ram it into the ground to stop them. now a group of two can rdm, and rdm, and rdm until either an admin blows them up or they get shot down by very angry enemies.

Seniors will still be responsible for the actions of the ghosthawk. If cops start RDMing with a ghosthawk, that will be the end of a shortly lived APD career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Couldn't that be an issue. There's probably a good explanation, but I can't see it. You're saying a senior can give people who don't have access to lethals, A FUCKING 6.5 GATLING GUN!!!! Now granted, the seniors aren't going to hand them out willy nilly, they're going to be careful with it. But, that means that if the cops in it start rdming or breaking rules with it, they cant be stopped by the senior who would ram it into the ground to stop them. now a group of two can rdm, and rdm, and rdm until either an admin blows them up or they get shot down by very angry enemies.

The rule was modified mainly for the seniors. If they felt they can trust officers to man and pilot a ghost hawk they can make that decision now. In reality those chosen officers have shown that they are responsible and mature and consider this as a chance not to mess up their career if they are ambitious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Talindor said:

The rule was modified mainly for the seniors. If they felt they can trust officers to man and pilot a ghost hawk they can make that decision now. In reality those chosen officers have shown that they are responsible and mature and consider this as a chance not to mess up their career if they are ambitious.

On top of what Talindor said, its also really useful when you have 1 or 2 SAPD online, but you need 3 or 4 Ghosthawks in the air to deal with an absolutely crazy situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lucki said:

On top of what Talindor said, its also really useful when you have 1 or 2 SAPD online, but you need 3 or 4 Ghosthawks in the air to deal with an absolutely crazy situation. 

Well, they could do that without this rule.

 

Yes it does require trust and knowing a person, but still, the potential damage they could do with that is unreal. They have 4000 bullets last bullets to use on civs. But I guess they'll get banned and blacklisted. Wouldn't be worth it, unless they're dumb I guess. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deadmansreturn said:

so po/constable planes are not being changed as of this rule update?

Constables no longer have access to the APD planes... They are now for Corps. and higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deadmansreturn said:

so po/constable planes are not being changed as of this rule update?

Whenever they release the racing planes for the APD, I believe they will be coded for Corps+. Might have to ask a dev on that one though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

Whenever they release the racing planes for the APD, I believe they will be coded for Corps+. Might have to ask a dev on that one though. 

The update has already been pushed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll update the handbook accordingly. @Talindor can change the plane access bit in the handbook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Me being online is that.

 

Seniors will still be responsible for the actions of the ghosthawk. If cops start RDMing with a ghosthawk, that will be the end of a shortly lived APD career.

If a SGT isn't in the ghost hawk at the time of its use, does the authorization of going guns hot fall on the pilot?

If not would the gunners have to obtain authorization from the SGT if they sent 3 texts to a heli or came under fire?

Just curious as the it would be the SGT putting their neck on the line with giving a ghost hawk to lower ranks to use in a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.