So wait a minute, youre telling me that the police are allowed to employ the use of blindfolds? What is that trash? I can tell you whats going to happen right now is, combat blind folds. *Tazed* restrained and blindfolded within the same second. Add an animation because you know they will blind fold you every time you are arrested, no matter what.

• Like 2

I like it the blind folds, it helps when you taking a players coms to ensure that he doesn't just tell his gang where he is going anyways.

• Like 4

Well I can assure you that no APD officer will "combat Blindfold you" or even run up to a player with a gun to simply blindfold him/her while in combat, It's placed for the cops to add role play and i'm sure our fellow APD members will use it at the correct time for safe measures and convenient role play.

i agree the blind fold needs an animation, i think its a good idea but when you get tazed, restrained and then instantly blindfolded before a word is said its abit over the top!! also i think there should be a timer like restraints ( unless there is one ) if cop dies and i dont know where i am and cop forgets where i was or cant get back to me over time should lose the effect and unrestrianed?

• Like 2

Yes, cops can now use blind folds just as much as civs can. This is mainly for the gps and comms takin, preserving the rp. 

Regarding being restrained and left unattended because the officer died. The time limit set for the unrestrained will kick in and blindfold will come off if unrestrained.

This feature is very much needed for both factions

• Like 3

When I'm restrained you don't loose your blindfold... we tested it on a fellow deputy and he was running around running into walls and shit

12 minutes ago, Ajax said:

When I'm restrained you don't loose your blindfold... we tested it on a fellow deputy and he was running around running into walls and shit

Open inventory and remove the balaclava. That's how to remove blindfold yourself.

I do like the idea of having an animation some more things. I'll discuss it with dev team

Could you just blindfold someone so you can break a rule infront of them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fedot said:

Yeah I like to dupe on cop so blindfold has become very convenient

4 hours ago, Fedot said:

classic fedot

• Like 1

Well I have been "Combat Blindfolded" 2 times already, one by a policeman and one by a vigilante. I know that vigi rules are not as strict but damn fix it guys cmon. Just make it a bar like "Blindfolding player" and have it just take like 10-15 seconds.

On 1/9/2017 at 9:49 AM, MrBoonie said:

(Me)APD HANDS UP OR BE TAPED! *Tazes* (me)Shhhhhh Shhhhhh it'll be alright, I'll keep you safe....... (them) I can't see!!! (Me) ik it'll be alright just going to take you to my love shack.

BROWN SUGAR APPROVES OF SAID LOVE SHACK

• Like 2

I actually disagree completely with cops having blindfolds, I understand why but the amount it is used is a bit overkill. I think it completely kills the experience when being blindfolded because its impossible to see anything (obviously) but I'm not exactly playing the game to see a black screen. The problem is that cops often die and being blindfolded when that happens is silly because you can't let anyone know.

I think instead of your screen going black, it should just be really blurred. Seeing a black screen just pisses me off especially when its the cops putting it on.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bow said:

I actually disagree completely with cops having blindfolds, I understand why but the amount it is used is a bit overkill. I think it completely kills the experience when being blindfolded because its impossible to see anything (obviously) but I'm not exactly playing the game to see a black screen. The problem is that cops often die and being blindfolded when that happens is silly because you can't let anyone know.

I think instead of your screen going black, it should just be really blurred. Seeing a black screen just pisses me off especially when its the cops putting it on.

yea but when you say "im taking your comms" people just keep talking in their ts and theres no way to enforce the rules.

Yes there is, now that your comms are physically taken from you so you cannot be seen on the map or use group chat anymore, if their friends still come to save their friends then you can just report them and they will be dealt with.

• Like 1

I strongly agree that cops should have Blindfolds.

Too many times I have taken coms of a detainee and all of a sudden 5 people are rushing up on me and off they go with the detainee with my dead body laying there.

I have been using blindfolds on people who are in high populated gangs during transport. Once I begin my processing I make sure to take off the blindfold prior to getting their license during the LIST process. 

I don't see why there is a huge complaint on blindfolds except that now people can't say their exact position in Teamspeak or other 3rd party voice communication devices.

It is only really useful during transport to an unknown HQ. If we pick someone up at meth, then we can go to any of 4 HQ's and they won't know. If I'm in Kavala, then I'll obviously only be going to Kavala HQ.

bow, I get your point, "they'll get banned and yeah". But 1. I don't want to have to fill out reports and worry about reporting, I just want it to not happen, and 2. Many people can't record so all that happens is they get away and you get jack shit and 3. You can't prove they were meta gaming. They can say it was a lucky guess and you'll have no way of knowing if there truthful or not. 

Im also the only person I've seen get banned for meta gaming, it got lifted. I mean I just never see dipole get banned for it. More people get banned for hacking then meta gaming. Like huh? Idk I'm just tired rn and took a final.

4 hours ago, Bow said:

Yes there is, now that your comms are physically taken from you so you cannot be seen on the map or use group chat anymore, if their friends still come to save their friends then you can just report them and they will be dealt with.

Uhh hurr the car was trackered uhh hurr they already knew

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.