On 1/9/2017 at 5:10 AM, Rogue said:

we need rules and regulations on blind folds.

For right now we're monitoring how and when they're being used. We will not regulate the use of them unless we have too, hopefully (and I know i'm probably going to eat these words) common sense is employed and we don't need to.

23 hours ago, Bow said:

Yes there is, now that your comms are physically taken from you so you cannot be seen on the map or use group chat anymore, if their friends still come to save their friends then you can just report them and they will be dealt with.

It's never that simple unfortunately, just because someone shows up is not proof that somebody fail RP'd. Gangmates could have predicted what HQ you were taking them to based on where you caught them. Or they could be simply checking each HQ 1 by 1. Or you could have been spotted on the way there.

This is why people rarely get banned for this. Having no hex when restrained helps but the only black and white reports I've seen for this are when the detainee hot mics his TS comms on accident.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McDili said:

It's never that simple unfortunately, just because someone shows up is not proof that somebody fail RP'd. Gangmates could have predicted what HQ you were taking them to based on where you caught them. Or they could be simply checking each HQ 1 by 1. Or you could have been spotted on the way there.

This is why people rarely get banned for this. Having no hex when restrained helps but the only black and white reports I've seen for this are when the detainee hot mics his TS comms on accident.

I understand that, I get that people will just say that they stuck a GPS tracker on the car blah blah blah plane following them blah blah blah

But I think there needs to be a bit more regulation on blindfolds, for instance I was blindfolded for a 30k bounty and taken to the HQ after like 10 minutes. I think that no matter how much of a criminal you are, you should only be blindfolded when being transported to a HQ which isn't in the same area/city as the one of which you was restrained in. For example, if I catch you in Kavala at the castle whilst your playing with friends its quite obvious that you're going to Kavala HQ so blindfolding adds no benefit apart from its harder to find the route the cop is taking you into HQ. Saying this, blindfolds should be used on members of a gang or group when they know there are others playing with them.

So if I am in Kavala under the name Tick Tock without a gang or any friends there really isn't a need to blindfold me to take me into HQ. On the other hand, if I have the name [OS] Tick Tock and get tazed and the cops know for sure there are other [OS] in the area then blindfolding me should be a necessary precaution. Blindfolds only work for transport because its very obvious which HQ you're in when you are being processed. Just my 2 cents, I hate blindfolds as much as you do CSAT clothing =)

15 minutes ago, Bow said:

-snip-

I am still on the fence for blindfolds, not on either side of the argument right now because they haven't been out for a while yet. I was just chiming in about the Fail RP stuff for when you take someone's comms/gps.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 7:28 AM, Bow said:

I actually disagree completely with cops having blindfolds, I understand why but the amount it is used is a bit overkill. I think it completely kills the experience when being blindfolded because its impossible to see anything (obviously) but I'm not exactly playing the game to see a black screen. The problem is that cops often die and being blindfolded when that happens is silly because you can't let anyone know.

I think instead of your screen going black, it should just be really blurred. Seeing a black screen just pisses me off especially when its the cops putting it on.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Regardless of new features and functions, you will always have the very few that gripe, complain, and moan. It's inevitable. What is trivial to experienced players that have learned to adapt and love challenges are perhaps too challenging to other folks that expect being fed with a silver spoon so to speak. I will not go into specifics, I tend to ignore posts that are just plain ridiculous or the ones that are too soon that try to instigate an issue to the community. 

• Like 2

It really should be easy to use Blindfolds in a manner that it needs to be. Unfortunately people will abuse it like anything else they can. 

If I catch you at kavala square,there is literally no point in me blindfolding you for the trip to HQ. Even if it's Black market, weed pro, or office building. I'm obviously taking you back to kavala HQ. 

If you're a high dollar bounty and I catch you in pursuit and have access to a helicopter, I'll blindfold you and bring you to a random HQ that probably isn't the nearest to me. Once we land, I will pull you out, bring you to wherever I'm processing you, and take off your blindfold. 

Also, other cops. Please don't blindfold someone until they are actually being transported. Don't blindfold them right after you restrain them in the middle of a fight. That's how you get killed and they are stuck with a blindfold. 

Use your common sense and it won't be a problem. Continously abuse the blindfold and we lose them. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 4:03 PM, Ziggy Stardust said:

So wait a minute, youre telling me that the police are allowed to employ the use of blindfolds? What is that trash? I can tell you whats going to happen right now is, combat blind folds. *Tazed* restrained and blindfolded within the same second. Add an animation because you know they will blind fold you every time you are arrested, no matter what.

Looks like you're wrong boi. Have not seen any sign of combat blind folds so you sir are a fucking MONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not worried about being blind folded while transported, that is not the issue, the issue for me would be when im blindfolded and just sitting there on a black screen while the cops get into a shoot out or they forget about me, that would be my issue. I agree with some of the other people ive seen talking about how you should wait til youre actually moving someone to blindfold them. I would prefer to not sit there for 15 minutes blind folded. Id rather just get up and walk away.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.