CSAT Clothing, should we remove them?

Remove CSAT Clothes?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove CSAT clothing?

9 hours ago, [SoA]Steve said:

The stomach area of the pilot coveralls has very poor hit box registration. CSAT with a GA is 5 shots. pretty consistently. I don't think CSAT should be removed because those "sick one taps" won't be a thing anymore. Everyone will be dying in 1-2 shots.

I rather the rating of one taps deteriorate than having people tank my shots 80% of the time and only hit a one tap if I'm lucky enough for them to have 75 hp. 7.62 is the strongest caliber in our server , and they cost almost twice the price of the Katiba , so for it to take 1/4 of a 20 round mag to kill someone is ridiculous . We almost never see guns like the katiba in cartels even though they aren't that small of a caliber . One taps were sick when people tanked , and even when they didn't , so that doesn't matter . A one tap is a one tap .

Edit : Forgot to add that I've even taken as little as 1-2 damage from a mk-1 numerous times . I've called it out plenty of times to where people would vouch for the fact . Not that it's too important , but rooks consistently do 1-3 damage a shot to the chest which is an entire rook mag + to the chest for a kill

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

If we remove CSAT stuff, people will just wear the next best thing. Pointless IMO, everyone will just look the same and wear that next best item. lol..

As much as you don't want to hear it. The GA carrier should be removed, only because it looks gay af..

If CSAT is gone all the clothing is only cosmetic, so people would wear whatever they feel looks good. Not to mention there's a lot of clothes we could replace the CSAT clothing with. No other clothing gives armor afaik.

1 hour ago, Mr Liam said:

Can someone Source a CREDIBLE Armor rating for all clothing/vests on Arma 3? Maybe people need to see Default armor ratings for both Clothing and armor to better Appreciate this poll?

And or make a better informed decision?

You could try googling it, but it's hard to find anything. The in-game editor values are also inaccurate. I posted the tests I did in-game which shows the important facts regarding how many shots it takes with 7.62 with and without csat. I don't see how it isn't credible.

I think all CSATS should be removed. I also think that maybe they could replace the textures of the pilot coveralls with one of the textures of an unliked rebel clothing (that would be voted), so there would be pilot coveralls, but they would be purely cosmetic. They would have the armor values of a non-op cloth. I am unsure if this is actually possible though.

Edited by Augustus
51 minutes ago, McDili said:

You could try googling it, but it's hard to find anything. The in-game editor values are also inaccurate. I posted the tests I did in-game which shows the important facts regarding how many shots it takes with 7.62 with and without csat. I don't see how it isn't credible.

I think it's that they want physical numbers. You're videos are perfectly credible, it's just people want numbers. 

Also, Jesse just doesn't like the look of ga. And cause everyone will find the next best thing, and then everyone will wear that.

16 hours ago, McDili said:

I'll respond to your "I have the experience" argument with a "I have the facts" video:

There is no De-sync in the editor whats so ever i honestly don't think any clothing should be removed Rebel is supposed to be A little more over OP then actual cops or civilians 

16 hours ago, McDili said:

I'll respond to your "I have the experience" argument with a "I have the facts" video:

There is no De-sync in the editor whats so ever i honestly don't think any clothing should be removed Rebel is supposed to be A little more over OP then actual cops or civilians 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mini said:

you're an idiot <3

Edited by TroyOGG
Just now, Mini said:

What does dsync have to do with the tests in editor?

1 minute ago, McDili said:

It doesn't. Unfortunately you can't fix stupid though.

The reality is either it tanks (we know it does) and people want to be able to tank still or it doesn't tank (even though it does) and it'd be no big deal to remove them.

Sidenote, I love that I've seen a lot of the people who said it doesn't tank only rocking CSAT clothes when in game.

3 minutes ago, McDili said:

he is saying that when people have desync is seems as they tank more but in reality your shots aren't connecting due too multiple reason not desync alone.

Desync isn't a issue and neither is CSAT just don't miss.

6 minutes ago, McDili said:

Desync or lag could make someone tank more on Olympus. But that doesn't mean anything, nor is related.

also, an article of clothing shouldn't double how many bullets you can take. Like "oh, this Nike shirt and bullet proof vest saved me from 4 bullets, but the vest only saved me from 2 of them". Like huh? A $500 shirt shouldn't take as many bullets as a $50,000 vest.

12 minutes ago, DeathSnare said:

if you aren't going to remove csat from rebel add back pilot coveralls because they looked nice imo :P 

Csat and pilot coveralls are different. Pilot coveralls gave an armor level. Csat doesn't have an armor level, it just has armor b/c it's csat clothes. So, no, it will not be added to rebel, it will stay in BW.