Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus Gang Life

The biggest issue right now with fighting ( that's fighting anyone anywhere ) is the texture bug issue! I hate to say it but I've only ever got it on Olympus and can't understand why? I play KOH & WASTELAND and never got a single texture bug and they have textured vehicles the lot! That what makes me not want to fight, the chance of going CQC with someone and getting the bug just before!? 

We did a fed a week ago 10 of us doing it and I think like 10+ cops 6 of us got texture bugged 4 times throughout the whole event! And it caused us to loose out on a big bust ( 460 gold bars!!! ) we only got just over 300 out. 

When that texture shit happens regularly that would put anyone off fighting!! 

Part of the issue with gangs is the fact that Gang A with 4 members on has no incentive to fight Gang B with 12 members on. Unless your gang is a bit zergy, you generally are outnumbered so there's no point they feel. 

Personally I know myself and the guys I play with don't mind, makes it a fun challenge.

So....smaller gang size limits? I don't really like the idea myself but I guess it'd put things on a more level playing field.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Pretty solid answer tbh. When all these gangs do that shit honestly, I tend to say we're not going to bother with them. It's annoying.

Take this video for example: 
https://youtu.be/3NYcaFZxCjU?t=1m37s

VX is basically talking mad shit. We're in the middle of a fight and they non-stop spam messages and say shit in chat. This fight was 10x better and more worth it in our opinion compared to going to a cartel and sitting on a rock for 15 minutes.

that video is 10/10 memes considering Ms. Smiths 4th grade special ed class is better than VX

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, I Am Fuzzy said:

Remove gate 4 at the fed. 

+1 this , we should have buffs to rebel side a bit , even if saying we already have 7.62 , its kinda hard when cops outnumber you 2:1

And when I say buffs im not saying big stuff , like small things could equal things

• Like 1
1 hour ago, De Fuk said:

we need to bring fatal back :D

I will be extremely disappointed in you if you leave me with THEM

Remove CSAT fatigues and we will be set to go.

There are several occasions in which I can recall wankers on cartel caps tanking four, maybe more 7.62shots resulting in me trading with set wanker.Personally I'm not to fond of paying 130k for a gun which unless the opposing side is one tapped and or at close range will take a couple shots then just go heal and be set. This creates a fight where the only way to win is to get a tap which personally makes me question whether I wish to fight or not.

Edited by William 'Daniel' Wallace
Banter
22 minutes ago, HyperGoat said:

+1 this , we should have buffs to rebel side a bit , even if saying we already have 7.62 , its kinda hard when cops outnumber you 2:1

And when I say buffs im not saying big stuff , like small things could equal things

What exactly would you buff? Rebels already overpower 95% of cops. the other 5% are equal pretty much.

Arma is a game of advantages, if you're outnumbered it should be hard, that's one less advantage you have. You then have to make up for it by playing smarter and more tactically. 

It's the same with cops, their gear isn't as good so they have to play more tactically since 7.62 will win every time otherwise in a spray and pray match.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Pretty solid answer tbh. When all these gangs do that shit honestly, I tend to say we're not going to bother with them. It's annoying.

Take this video for example: 
https://youtu.be/3NYcaFZxCjU?t=1m37s

VX is basically talking mad shit. We're in the middle of a fight and they non-stop spam messages and say shit in chat. This fight was 10x better and more worth it in our opinion compared to going to a cartel and sitting on a rock for 15 minutes.

the only reason we talking shit is to get people to come to cartel, at least usually

What's funny to me is the fact that all the big gangs do is fight cartels and do Feds to the point where it's not even fun anymore, then they wonder why the server is getting stale. When people say that Olympus is dying, it's either because they're stuck doing the same shit everyday, or that nowadays it's nearly impossible to get anywhere on this server if you aren't part of some highly-skilled gang. I feel that at the very least, a good place to start is adding more fresh content. The last biggest update we've had was adding Blackwater, which is basically just a different variation of the fed, and most of the new donation rewards haven't been anything too big. 

What's even more annoying is some people have some pretty amazing ideas for things we could add to the server, but if it's in any way related to Asylum, people talk shit. The hilarious thing is that the more I see people make some unoriginal joke about how a certain feature is on Asylum, it makes me want to play that server more.

2 hours ago, HyperGoat said:

To be honest , gang life is dead because of buffs in the APD , I remember the constant feds and jails there used to be but like how theres always 16+ cops on they are too scared

Normally the only gangs that ever do feds are huge skilled gangs, and they have both the money to afford losing a load-out and the skill to be confident in the fact that they won't, so I seriously don't think that's the issue.

18 minutes ago, Augustus said:

the only reason we talking shit is to get people to come to cartel, at least usually

You should know that won't work on us. We don't organize fights and we don't get baited into them like we've got something to prove.

1 minute ago, OlympusAccount said:

What's funny to me is the fact that all the big gangs do is fight cartels and do Feds to the point where it's not even fun anymore, then they wonder why the server is getting stale. When people say that Olympus is dying, it's either because they're stuck doing the same shit everyday, or that nowadays it's nearly impossible to get anywhere on this server if you aren't part of some highly-skilled gang. I feel that at the very least, a good place to start is adding more fresh content. The last biggest update we've had was adding Blackwater, which is basically just a different variation of the fed, and most of the new donation rewards haven't been anything too big. 

What's even more annoying is some people have some pretty amazing ideas for things we could add to the server, but if it's in any way related to Asylum, people talk shit. The hilarious thing is that the more I see people make some unoriginal joke about how a certain feature is on Asylum, it makes me want to play that server more.

Normally the only gangs that ever do feds are huge skilled gangs, and they have both the money to afford losing a load-out and the skill to be confident in the fact that they won't, so I seriously don't think that's the issue.

Honestly I rarely see feds done. I think for the strictly cartel focused gangs new cartels would help them. As for others, I agree another event type thing might help pique interest. One thing I will say is asylums map looks so aidsy now, so as long as it doesn't turn out like that here I'm down.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

You should know that won't work on us. We don't organize fights and we don't get baited into them like we've got something to prove.

Honestly I rarely see feds done. I think for the strictly cartel focused gangs new cartels would help them. As for others, I agree another event type thing might help pique interest. One thing I will say is asylums map looks so aidsy now, so as long as it doesn't turn out like that here I'm down.

Yeah that's the only turn-off about that whole server. The fact that since there's so many custom buildings and props they added in the mission file, it legit looks like 30% of the map is made of plastic.

Edited by OlympusAccount
2 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

What's more interesting is the fact that I don't really see much interest that could be drawn in more event types that are made to start firefights between gangs. I honestly see more interest in rp-oriented features:
Manufactucturing rifles at the Black Market (Or being able to sell Blackwater weapons and gear at the Rebel Outpost rather than having bids on the forums)
Some form of a government established
The News Team. NEWS TEEEEEAM PLEASE

I made a whole thread about a bunch of ideas I've had for the server while the November Donation was still being determined, but it's so far back I don't know if I could still find it. If even one of those things were added, I'd be super hyped.

9 minutes ago, OlympusAccount said:

What's more interesting is the fact that I don't really see much interest that could be drawn in more event types that are made to start firefights between gangs. I honestly see more interest in rp-oriented features:
Manufactucturing rifles at the Black Market (Or being able to sell Blackwater weapons and gear at the Rebel Outpost rather than having bids on the forums)
Some form of a government established
The News Team. NEWS TEEEEEAM PLEASE

I made a whole thread about a bunch of ideas I've had for the server while the November Donation was still being determined, but it's so far back I don't know if I could still find it. If even one of those things were added, I'd be super hyped.

Totally down for news team. And if we added a government system that'd be dope. A game I used to play ( called Face of Mankimd) had a player controlled government  (senate and all), obviously wouldn't be that in depth, but you could have president/vice president (could get perks like discounts on all legal items, and even the 1 pardon thing from asylum) and you could even have mayors of each major town and they get discounts in their town on stuff or access to pilot helmets or something. Make them get some sort of RP-like influence. Having to have town hall meetings which means you'd have to have either cop security or hire/have private security (i.e. other civs), in case people tried to "overthrow the goverment" or kill public officials or things like that. I dunno, just spitballin here.

Just now, TheRandomOne said:

Totally down for news team. And if we added a government system that'd be dope. A game I used to play ( called Face of Mankimd) had a player controlled government  (senate and all), obviously wouldn't be that in depth, but you could have president/vice president (could get perks like discounts on all legal items, and even the 1 pardon thing from asylum) and you could even have mayors of each major town and they get discounts in their town on stuff or access to pilot helmets or something. Make them get some sort of RP-like influence. Having to have town hall meetings which means you'd have to have either cop security or hire/have private security (i.e. other civs), in case people tried to "overthrow the goverment" or kill public officials or things like that. I dunno, just spitballin here.

Yeah. I did find the thread I created, and I also suggested bringing back the Police Checkpoints and adding some kind of stock market. I was also just spitballing ideas, but the only one I think I'd really enjoy and would be ez to add is bringing back the checkpoints. Maybe we could make the storage system for vehicles more in-depth to allow smuggling items past checkpoints, or maybe even bribing police. Out of all the times I've passed that Kavela Northbound checkpoint, I've only seen cops there twice. Once when I was coming back from an Oil run, and when I sat there robbing people and getting the cop's attention.

16 minutes ago, Nikoteen said:

But you don't fight Cartels?

Of all people I wouldn't expect you to talk about someone else not doing Cartels.