Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

• Yes
    • no

What the title means, is that Vigis to taze cops is against server rules aka vigi abuse. With the way the "New Dynamic System" they can do it freely. My suggestion is that people with a vigi license can not restrain cops. But if you have a tazer but a rebel training or no vigi at all feel free.

• Like 1

Vigilante's goals aren't to go for unwanted people, they're suppose to get criminals and turn them in.

1 hour ago, DeadPool1337 said:

What the title means, is that Vigis to taze cops is against server rules aka vigi abuse. With the way the "New Dynamic System" they can do it freely. My suggestion is that people with a vigi license can not restrain cops. But if you have a tazer but a rebel training or no vigi at all feel free.

I agree with @DeadPool1337, vigilantes are in a way suppose to get people who are wanted and turn them in. Vigilantes now are just tazeing cops and taking their gear/taking them hostage. I like the idea that if you're a Vigilante, you can't taze and restrain cops. You can restrain cops if you're a rebel and freely use a tazer and get cops that way. 

• Admin

OMG. I HATE this new thing. Everyone that agrees that this should be a thing does NOT play cop. It is the most annoying thing in the whole world. Fucking being tazed, retrained and robbed three times in an hour. Fuck that. I have never really been salty salty in this game but this really messed it up for me. I hope something is done about this. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

OMG. I HATE this new thing. Everyone that agrees that this should be a thing does NOT play cop. It is the most annoying thing in the whole world. Fucking being tazed, retrained and robbed three times in an hour. Fuck that. I have never really been salty salty in this game but this really messed it up for me. I hope something is done about this. 

Can we stop with the shitty arguments yet or do we want to just copy and paste what we said from last time? Because you're a broken record without a real point.

• Admin
Just now, TheRandomOne said:

Can we stop with the shitty arguments yet or do we want to just copy and paste what we said from last time? Because you're a broken record without a real point.

Nope. Its my time to bitch and moan. 

Don't start with me. 

• Admin

Also @TheRandomOne I vouched for your news team. Now don't make me regret it and stop acting like staff. 

So let me bitch and moan in peace. Thank you. 

Just now, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Also @TheRandomOne I vouched for your news team. Now don't make me regret it and stop acting like staff. 

The news team is irrelevant to this discussion, but thanks for your support.

• Admin

The news team is irrelevant to this discussion, but thanks for your support.

You're welcome. 

I agree with bubbaloo, it shouldn't be allowed. It's gotten out of hand. I didn't hop on arma for 5 or so days, decided to finally get on to get my hours. Within an hour and a half of playing, I got taken hostage twice, and just as heading off this other deputy was getting taken hostage again, all by the same guys. Yesterday, I was getting on when I heard "I'm getting kidnapped", noped the fuck out so fast.

It might not seem bad to civs, but cops are usually out numbered and have shit armor. It's even worse for deputies, because we can't get out of city limits without having a PO with us. There's no way to get away from it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

So let me bitch and moan in peace. Thank you. 

Make a valid point and I will. I've listen to quite a few cops complain about the tazing/robbing and it's pretty much they're just salty they have something to actually lose. They can't just throw their bodies at something until they win. This is good, maybe it'll help break some of them of the RetardRushTM they always do. 

Also server rules should be for equality of opportunity for every side, but it shouldn't change to try and equalize the skill level.

• Admin

Make a valid point and I will. I've listen to quite a few cops complain about the tazing/robbing and it's pretty much they're just salty they have something to actually lose. They can't just throw their bodies at something until they win. This is good, maybe it'll help break some of them of the RetardRushTM they always do. 

Also server rules should be for equality of opportunity for every side, but it shouldn't change to try and equalize the skill level.

Listen. I have spent 2 years here without bitching and moaning on the forums. I'd say its my time. But on a serious note. Its not about the skill level. It is an issue. One that did not happen as often and it has gotten to the point of being annoying. I have always been a bad arma player yet like I said before I have been robbed about 4 times in my 2 year APD tenure. Just two days ago I got robbed 3 times in an hour. This really has gotten out of hand. 

Let's get @Tman15tmb @Talindor here for some insight. And hey @G.O.A.T. is the leader of the faction. Lets see how he feels about it. 

• Admin
Just now, Jesse said:

Just thinking out loud in general how civs can restrain cops now easier. The prison/jail stuff that has now been "fixed" with a rule could've been done before as well... All people had to do was taze the last cop in the wave and 3 to 1 them... Bam restrained and captured cop. 

Also, cops take so much from rebels, why is it a problem when you get captured or fall  to a rebels better positioning and tactics to potentially have a scenario with them where you're in their shoes?

Because as my colleagues have said. This has gotten to be a constant thing. Read my post above. It has gotten to the point that's making us not want to play the role anymore. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Just thinking out loud in general how civs can restrain cops now easier. The prison/jail stuff that has now been "fixed" with a rule could've been done before as well... All people had to do was taze the last cop in the wave and 3 to 1 them... Bam restrained and captured cop. 

Also, cops take so much from rebels, why is it a problem when you get captured or fall  to a rebels better positioning and tactics to potentially have a scenario with them where you're in their shoes?

That's how it's supposed to go. Cops arrest, rebels run or kill. Not cops run while rebels take them hostage. You'd think it's about tactics and what not, but believe me, shitty armor has a play in it. Being 3:1'd isn't as bad, I think of it as a way for civs to get apd gear. But robbing cops after restraining them? really? you can make a living off of apd equipment now.

The only times I've been taken hostage wasn't because my positioning was bad, and tactics weren't involved either. I'd shoot a guy 3 times, he'd shoot me once, I'm down. He'd engage me when I'm in a car, I'd get out, I'd get lit up.

8 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Its not about the skill level.

That's definitely part of it. And I don't just mean how well you can shoot, it has to do with awareness/reading a battle, instead of charging in stupidly.

8 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

One that did not happen as often and it has gotten to the point of being annoying.

Like these threads about the topic? :Kappa:

10 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

I have always been a bad arma player

Fix this and it'll happen so much less to you.

11 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

I have been robbed about 4 times in my 2 year APD tenure. Just two days ago I got robbed 3 times in an hour.

You've been tazing/arresting civs for 2 years with little to no chance at repercussions. Now the playing field is equalized and it's suddenly a problem?

Do you want to go play cop right now with me? I'll show you how I don't get robbed every second I'm on cop.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JebronLames said:

The only times I've been taken hostage wasn't because my positioning was bad, and tactics weren't involved either. I'd shoot a guy 3 times, he'd shoot me once, I'm down. He'd engage me when I'm in a car, I'd get out, I'd get lit up.

If tactics weren't involved that might be why ya lost.

• Like 1
  • Admin
Just now, Jesse said:

Numerous other servers have this feature

Olympus should be different from other servers. Not copy them. Anyway. I have 31 million. Its not about the money. Its about getting robbed over and over again having to WASTE 30 minutes every time the rebel takes you hostage, blindfolds you to rob all your shit. The RP? "Drop your shit". Even as CIV I rather die than get taken hostage but now as cop instead of us getting killed we just get tazed and have to waste 30 minutes each time whilst we are ENJOYING the AWESOME "RP" session of getting robbed.

• Like 1
Just now, Jesse said:

What about the upwards of 60 minutes we take from rebels when they get fucked over by cops? Hell even when a cop fucks up as far as initiation goes or processing, etc. We still send them to jail and even if theres a player report or something. They still have served 60 minutes in jail.

Just now, Jesse said:

What about the upwards of 60 minutes we take from rebels when they get fucked over by cops? Hell even when a cop fucks up as far as initiation goes or processing, etc. We still send them to jail and even if theres a player report or something. They still have served 60 minutes in jail.

or u could pay your ticket

That's a horrible argument. Cops arrest civs so civs should be able to restrain cops? Are you trying to balance the two sides?

In that case, some civs should be restricted to vermin + armor level 2. Some civs should never be allowed to leave a town. If at any point, you get engaged by 3 cops who have their po7's out, you must surrender, or you're breaking server rules. I could go on forever.

• Like 2
  • Admin
Just now, Jesse said:

Those are particular scenarios, not ones that happen ALL the time. This NEW AWESOME THING is happening ALL THE TIME. Instead of rebels killing they are just tazing/restraining/robbing. Its shit. Unfortunate that some of you don't seem to get the annoyance of it. Go play cop for a couple of hours. You'll see what I mean. Let me call out @Berg02 here to rob you 17 times. 

• Like 2

Well from my experiences on civ, cop gear has always been a rarity not like black water gear but still much rarer than your average rebel weapons. Now that cops can be restrained people are stocking up on cop gear like no tomorrow and are acquiring it 10x faster. The sad part is majority of the people who are constantly robbing cops aren't even using the gear themselves, they're auctioning it on the forums :/ so now you dont have to earn cop gear and go through the troubles of 3 to 1ing a cop you can simply taze his ass and take his shit. Not just this but playing cop in kavala has been next to unbearable as vigis ARE EVERYWHERE and you are guaranteed to get tazed by someone within the hour. Aside from that I can pretty much tolerate playing in any other city and get tazed every once in a while. 

Maybe there should be a limit to an individual tazing and restraining cops, instead of just individuals ( say i tazed and restrained a cop and took him hostage I couldnt do it again to ANY APD members for 30 mins)