Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

On The Topic Of Tazing APD

Guest G.O.A.T.

Guest G.O.A.T.

Since certain members of the staff want to approach this from a more factual point of view, the sAPD has compiled some data for the community as a whole to review. Below I cite times recorded from a week ago, and 2 weeks ago. These are significant because this last week is when the ability to restrain cops was starting to be abused.

FACT: Times (amount of time played) by officers 2 weeks ago were 42% higher than they were a week ago.

FACT: The time lost across all officers in relation to the dip in activity has resulted in a total loss of 600 hours of cop playtime. In ONE WEEK.

It is my opinion that the change where cops were able to be restrained should be reverted, based on this data. I do not want people leaving a faction/the server simply based on an issue that could be very simply resolved.

Let me make this crystal clear: No one has a problem with cops getting tased, but rather the ability for any random with a rook+ to restrain a police officer is the issue at hand. The 3-to-1 rule was not broken before, and it did not need to be fixed. If someone had a problem with an officer not putting their hands up when they were outnumbered, they were dealt with

I will leave it to the community to make their own opinion.

Discuss.

fucking please.

i became a cop for fun rp but its gotten to the point where it is pointless to get on. its not fun anymore because i can just be tazed and restrained at any moment then left naked in the middle of nowhere. ive already been kidnapped a large number of times and its ridiculous.

ive been de-whitelisted like 3 times for inactivity and i responded to a blackwater and spent my whole time restrained in a pillbox. I might be getting de-whitelisted soon again lmao.

+1 though on the post in general. 

I could go either way, but I feel like it wasn't needed to make civs able to restrain cops so I'm not sure why it was added. But, if taze & restrain has to stay take out the 3 to 1 rule. There's no point in having both.

• Like 1

Agreed the three to one rule was harmful enough but fair, now it's almost irrelevant because you can just get a taser and restrain. Thank you also for stating facts to back your opinion.

I must admit even though I've been very active on cop this past week and I was originally in favour of this new update plus I haven't personally experienced this myself yet, but going by other people's experiences and seeing it happen to other ppl in game it has got to the extreme, groups of 5-8 are now gearing up as vigi's and specifically going after cops now and that's a problem, specially when the average group size of apd ( when no seniors are on ) is around 4-5, this makes it real easy to capture cops.

ive had PO's n deputies get worried about seeing groups of ppl holding a vigi gun, that shouldn't be the way apd act!  

The 3:1 rule worked perfect, I agree we should remove the ability to restrain cops. 

• Admin

1000+ to this. Some things are better left the way they are. Not broken? Why fix it? We are not "Another server". We are Olympus. Why mirror? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

1000+ to this. Some things are better left the way they are. Not broken? Why fix it? We are not "Another server". We are Olympus. Why mirror? 

There's an ebb & flow of good ideas in Altis Life as a whole. Just because you model something off of another idea doesn't mean you're trying to become them.  On the Dev side,  this means having cleaner/more organized/better coding. On a game play side, this doesn't mean Olympus is trying to become Asylum. Just meant the Devs recognized a good idea when they saw one.

P.S @G.O.A.T. If a child throws a temper tantrum you don't just give them what they want, that'll just teach them to throw more temper tantrums.

Most of the community knows I am a career cop and play massive amounts of cop with over 774 hours as of today that's a fact. I have lost over 3 million in cop gear (not including orcas just gun,vest, and bipod.) I know many other APD members who hate playing cop when some random tazes them and restrains then and looses a full load out when it is vigi abuse.

• Like 1

OK but the max a civ can have taser wise is a 5.56 spar.. a majority of cops have MXs and other better guns. Also, if a cop gets engaged, its a fire fight , and the best side wins, but in the logic of those who disagree with the tazing, I should just stop playing civ since I lose fire fights due to my lack of skill.. If anything, the tazing of cops is sort of eliminating all of the "trash" cops who lose fire fights, rage, and then leave cop. Which in turn leaves the better and more skilled cops to oppose those who engage and attempt to taze cops. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bucko said:

OK but the max a civ can have taser wise is a 5.56 spar.. a majority of cops have MXs and other better guns. Also, if a cop gets engaged, its a fire fight , and the best side wins, but in the logic of those who disagree with the tazing, I should just stop playing civ since I lose fire fights due to my lack of skill.. If anything, the tazing of cops is sort of eliminating all of the "trash" cops who lose fire fights, rage, and then leave cop. Which in turn leaves the better and more skilled cops to oppose those who engage and attempt to taze cops. 

Agreed, though I'm for remove 5.56 because a vigi shouldn't be more powerful than a deputy. Let the people who played it for easy money because you couldn't ever lose anything leave, there's plenty that will stick around.

7 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

Most of the community knows I am a career cop and play massive amounts of cop with over 774 hours as of today that's a fact. I have lost over 3 million in cop gear (not including orcas just gun,vest, and bipod.) I know many other APD members who hate playing cop when some random tazes them and restrains then and looses a full load out when it is vigi abuse.

I think cop gear prices need to be relooked at because they aren't reflective of this change.

15 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

There's an ebb & flow of good ideas in Altis Life as a whole. Just because you model something off of another idea doesn't mean you're trying to become them.  On the Dev side,  this means having cleaner/more organized/better coding. On a game play side, this doesn't mean Olympus is trying to become Asylum. Just meant the Devs recognized a good idea when they saw one.

P.S @G.O.A.T. If a child throws a temper tantrum you don't just give them what they want, that'll just teach them to throw more temper tantrums.

If we are "throwing a temper tantrum" then where are the crying children throwing the stuff around. We are speaking out opinions and giving facts with constructive criticism. On a APD career cop side this means giving out strong weapons and spike strips. So if you get hit with a random spike strip or some kid swinging it around killing and blowing up everything don't say we didn't tell ya so.

P.S. what was wrong with the 3:1 out numbering? Why must civs taze a cop and not out number him with lethal guns but tazers. Btw excessive tazing for a vigil is vigis abuse.