Locked Banned. From Vac or Game Ban. [Info][Players]

So basically there wasn't a forum post on this and in my away time I heard. People are getting banned for having a Vac or a Game Ban on their account and there is no topic on the forums updating to this rule implemented This morning. So it checks you player ID for Vac or Game Bans within 365 days so if you have a ban that is relevant to a year or less on joining the server you will get perm banned from Olympus. What it does is flags you as a cheater this is a automated system. People are confused of why they got permed and what to do. It was established as a merit for Olympus because of the late events of people using ahk's and cheating, so this system was implemented to try and level the playing field, and make the server fair to everyone. Personally I don't think this is the solution and I expressed these thoughts with mcdili, you could have cheated on a game you got bored of or didn't play and or cared about, and some games you can get game banned for things that don't even consist of hacking. I don't find it as the right solution or relevant to the cause. But Mcdili expressed that the amount is only 10% of playerbase and most have been banned for relevant causes on Olympus. I have seen people hack and get unbanned, use scripts get unbanned, multiple times. But with this it seems as it is a system you cant even appeal for or at least that's how the ban is put off. Its kinda just like a goodbye message to me. But my rants over here are the players banned so far if you want to post more just put names in the comments

Players : Silton, Denial (his old account), Sociopathic, BigSmoke, Alpha, Arx,

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Just hack on alt accounts. Or don't get caught. At the same time, why is it hard to play fair?

No one expected this to be implemented it isn't even in the updates. And its not relevant criticizing someone hacking on another game assuming they  hack  on arma. Plus someone  could just  at easily never hacked before and hack on arma. If battle eye wanted it like that they would have made it like that.

We're taking many steps to catch cheaters and malicious users before they can cause harm to our servers. This is one of the few automated systems we've added.

Users that aren't complete shitters may be unbanned and excluded from this automated system. Put in a ban appeal and we'll be the judge.

These systems are mostly aimed at new users.

• Like 6
Just now, gordonmann1 said:

No one expected this to be implemented it isn't even in the updates. And its not relevant criticizing someone hacking on another game assuming they  hack  on arma. Plus someone  could just  at easily never hacked before and hack on arma. If battle eye wanted it like that they would have made it like that.

We don't announce everything we do to stop cheaters, that would be silly.

• Like 2
Just now, gordonmann1 said:

it is pretty ****, they could have learned their lesson awhile ago from another game and still get banned. sounds like a trump solution

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

We're taking many steps to catch cheaters and malicious users before they can cause harm to our servers. This is one of the few automated systems we've added.

Users that aren't complete shitters may be unbanned and excluded from this automated system. Put in a ban appeal and we'll be the judge.

These systems are mostly aimed at new users.

I understand but they way it was put off it seems like you guys wouldn't even accept appeals because how much work it would be for the admins to review. But I understand your trying to weed out the good and the bad

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If we had said it... what would you have done differently exactly? Never login with your account again? Lmao.

No it isn't like that this doesn't retain to me and Yea I was banned on csgo for bhop scripts on a community server, I'm sorry I might bhop across altis. Just people don't deserve this and so when they get banned and put in a ticket and get unbanned it just seems like a waste of time for the people who don't deserve this honestly just a hassle

13 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We don't announce everything we do to stop cheaters, that would be silly.

But Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what but people who have been on the server dedicated, and don't cheat that may have made a mistake on another game, From personal experience on csgo which most vac bans are from every 1 and 3 games are with a hacker, people get mad and rage download hacks get banned.

21 minutes ago, reno walkins said:

see you smoke, you were a cool cat.

:wub:

i vac banned myself on csgo so i would stop betting no lie and cashed out, if im permed when i get home then thats a PHATTY RIP

• Like 1
  • Head Admin
3 minutes ago, gordonmann1 said:

But Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what but people who have been on the server dedicated, and don't cheat that may have made a mistake on another game, From personal experience on csgo which most vac bans are from ever 1 and 3 games are with a hacker, people get mad and rage download hacks get banned.

Cheating on another game is not "making a mistake".  You make a conscious choice and put time and effort into cheating in other games.

• Like 5
  • Head Admin
1 minute ago, JamieWoods said:

Poseidon I have been vac'd once and have played this server for years. I wasn't even hacking.

VAC bans are damn near perfect.  The mistakes VAC makes are extremely few and far between.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

VAC bans are damn near perfect.  The mistakes VAC makes are extremely few and far between.

I'm not saying the ban wasn't deserved. but I myself didn't even hack I logged onto another pc and played cs on it resulting in the ban. I'm not questioning the VAC system just the moral outcome of this new system for a player like me who's played for years

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

5rCmB8R.png

Vac and a game ban, noice

yes exactly I put over 1k hours into the server I'm not hacking, I wouldn't waste that much time to hack. I have a game ban with it because I used cheat engine to "hack" on csgo bc idk how to hack. if I'm permed like they're saying that kinda shitty over something I did to stop gambling almost a year ago 

3 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Cheating on another game is not "making a mistake".  You make a conscious choice and put time and effort into cheating in other games.

Well I look at it like voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. So lets say someone voluntarily used hacks on a game but the thing about it they didn't think about it and it was in the heat of the moment.  Or involuntarily hacking, someone knew what they were doing but didn't expect to get caught or didn't care. Most of these are Voluntarily people don't think about it and it just happens so yea a mistake. Still punishable to a degree.

I changed the limit to 210 days.

2 minutes ago, gordonmann1 said:

Well I look at it like voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. So lets say someone voluntarily used hacks on a game but the thing about it they didn't think about it and it was in the heat of the moment.  Or involuntarily hacking, someone knew what they were doing but didn't expect to get caught or didn't care. Most of these are Voluntarily people don't think about it and it just happens so yea a mistake. Still punishable to a degree.

Then what's to stop them from using hacks heat of the moment in arma? Your logic makes no sense. People who hacked in other games are significantly more likely to do shady shit on here, from exploits, to hacks, to pulldown scripts.

• Like 2