Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked New Rules Update...

I'm gonna say my part too this . I don't live in the us I live in England - if I turned around and ram upto a police man and said I'm with Isis I would never see daylight again ....

Freedom of speach is not world wide and you have to take into account of people who may have been directly affect by these grps .

Next why don't you role play and make your own unique terrorist gro name that way you stick to rp ... And people won't get upset.

We have done, we're changing our name on sunday.

Yup, I think a lot of people don't quite understand that. I've actually heard people call the blacklisting of the name 'ISIS' a free-speech violation on Altis Life.. 

That's not really what the topic is about, though. It's not if it's right or wrong to block the name 'ISIS', but moreso a question of what the standards for blocking are. Hitler is bad, obviously - and so is ISIS, but there are other groups that some view as just as inflammatory, while others may not. Like BlackWater/the IRA, to quote the examples given. 

People are only complaining, because it's active on the news, if it wasn't on the news, no one would actually care, as you said people have the name Blackwater, and IRA. I find it pathetic, i'm getting the feeling people are thinking once we change our name we're going to change how we act and play, no it's a name we're changing not the players, end of.

Ok, this has been discussed and both sides have spoken. The rule has been implemented and the current gang(s) know to change there names. Whether everyone agrees or not the rule was put in place as it was an issue. If other gangs are found to be using names not allowed they will also be asked to change there name.