Link Ranting About APD Problems :)

Link

I completely understand that promotions are not given out based on time played. My main concern is once someone is promoted, there should be a minimum amount of playtime as APD. One that scales with rank. I believe this will solve a lot of problems if higher ranking APD members have to fill a quota. It also add's a little bit of an RP element, causing APD members to actually feel like they are working for the force.

Oh and thanks for replying :) It's very nice to see Olympus staff being so active in a small forum post :D

I honestly think this is a "cool" idea, but for people like myself who work 40+ hours a week, it have to have some sort of adjustments.

I honestly think this is a "cool" idea, but for people like myself who work 40+ hours a week, it have to have some sort of adjustments.

Yeah I factored that in considering I'm a full-time student in a difficult major, I don't have as much free time as some. However, that is the beauty of basing it off of percentage. Lets say you are only able to play for 1 hour during an entire week. Then as long as 15 minutes or so are on APD then you are in the clear. It's not about how much you can play, just how you spend the time when you do play :)

Yeah I factored that in considering I'm a full-time student in a difficult major, I don't have as much free time as some. However, that is the beauty of basing it off of percentage. Lets say you are only able to play for 1 hour during an entire week. Then as long as 15 minutes or so are on APD then you are in the clear. It's not about how much you can play, just how you spend the time when you do play :)

my point is tho if you do that, then you a VERY limited in what you can do. it takes time to do things, can't do a full drug run in 45 mins for example.

my point is tho if you do that, then you a VERY limited in what you can do. it takes time to do things, can't do a full drug run in 45 mins for example.

Yeah I understand, it was just an example time. Not much can be done in an hour honestly haha :P

But very interesting, I see what you mean. Certain things could come up after playing Civilian to were you don't get a chance to play as APD. IRL can get in the way sometimes unfortunately >.<

Maybe have a system to a ratio rather than percentage, and start it out at a high number? 

Start out:

if (Civilian Hours > 20) then (APD Hours == 5)

Then perhaps hitting tiers in civilian hours played should make one play as APD more.

Such as:

Tier 1 (Civilian hours > 20) then (APD hours == 5)

Tier 2 (Civilian hours > 40) then (APD hours == 10)

This way if you do not play atleast 20 hours as a civilian you have no APD time required. That number could be raised or lowered depending on whatever would be ideal.

And if all else fails I'm sure issues could be resolved, we have very good staff and a great community. Lets say you had an emergency or got called into work. Maybe we could implement a ticket system to explain why you weren't able to play as APD. I'm not trying to make APD so difficult and demanding that it is not fun. I'm just trying to find a way to give incentive to play after no longer wanting to climb the APD ladder.

Or maybe implement a reward system for time played as APD?

Again like a tier system similar to donation perks. But for hours played. Put very basic things as rewards at lower levels, but give something unique when hours hit ridiculous levels. This would give a lot of people incentive to play as APD I believe.

Example: 

Tier 1:100 hours slightly raised paycheck as APD

Tier 2: 500 hours some type of APD appropriate apparel

Tier 3: 1000 hours perhaps a special rank or different branch of APD. Like S.W.A.T or F.B.I..

I don't know, just quick ideas that could possibly be implemented in some form or fashion. :)

Example: 

Tier 1:100 hours slightly raised paycheck as APD

Tier 2: 500 hours some type of APD appropriate apparel

Tier 3: 1000 hours perhaps a special rank or different branch of APD. Like S.W.A.T or F.B.I..

I don't know, just quick ideas that could possibly be implemented in some form or fashion. :)

hell, id consider applying for the force if that was possible, would love to see SWAT hunters rolling up on a fed robbery, would actually add more immersion imo

and I'd love to get a black tactical outfit, my preferred style lol

hell, id consider applying for the force if that was possible, would love to see SWAT hunters rolling up on a fed robbery, would actually add more immersion imo

and I'd love to get a black tactical outfit, my preferred style lol

Yeah I believe it would be good to implement rewards for playtime as APD. Just to keep people playing once they reach the ranks they desire.